Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... 13:04 - Nov 22 with 1211 viewsbluelagos

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 14:13 - Nov 22 with 1064 viewsfactual_blue

Is it his sort of place because

1. Peppa was used to launch Labour's Surestart scheme?
2. Peppa is VERY popular in Communist China?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 14:13 - Nov 22 with 1068 viewsWacko

The notion of theme parks as spaces in which individual freedom is accentuated has been turned on its head by many contemporary urbanists and social critics. The leading exponent of the negative view is architect and urbanist Michael Sorkin who declared

This is the meaning of the theme park, the place that embodies it all, the ageographia, the surveillance and control, the simulations without end. The theme park presents its happy regulated vision of pleasure – all these artfully hoodwinking forms – as a substitute for the democratic public realm and it does so appealingly by stripping troubled urbanity of its sting, of the presence of the poor, of crime, of dirt, of work.” (1992: Xv)

(Taken from here: https://www.baudrillard-scijournal.com/jean-baudrillard-me-and-ethnic-theme-park

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 15:00 - Nov 22 with 987 viewsblueconscience

Looks and sounds like long COVID has hit him hard

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 15:12 - Nov 22 with 954 viewsBlueNomad

The Tories will dump their useful idiot soon. Imagine the "delights" we might experience then........................
The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 15:17 - Nov 22 with 933 viewsSwansea_Blue

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 14:13 - Nov 22 by Wacko

The notion of theme parks as spaces in which individual freedom is accentuated has been turned on its head by many contemporary urbanists and social critics. The leading exponent of the negative view is architect and urbanist Michael Sorkin who declared

This is the meaning of the theme park, the place that embodies it all, the ageographia, the surveillance and control, the simulations without end. The theme park presents its happy regulated vision of pleasure – all these artfully hoodwinking forms – as a substitute for the democratic public realm and it does so appealingly by stripping troubled urbanity of its sting, of the presence of the poor, of crime, of dirt, of work.” (1992: Xv)

(Taken from here: https://www.baudrillard-scijournal.com/jean-baudrillard-me-and-ethnic-theme-park

Ha! I do wonder whether whoever writes Johnson's speeches is just seeing how far they can push things. Although I don't know whether they're on Johnson's side or not. Are they seeing what daft things they can get him to read out, or aiming to seeing how much rubbish the public will take while still supporting Johnson? Not sure, but someone has to be taking the piss.

That's an interesting piece and I've learnt at least one new word - 'McDisneyization'.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 18:55 - Nov 22 with 820 viewsBlueBadger

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 15:00 - Nov 22 by blueconscience

What you're seeing there is a man who has never had to work for anything he's wanted now having to actually earn a living.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 19:05 - Nov 22 with 798 viewsMattinLondon

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 18:55 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

What you're seeing there is a man who has never had to work for anything he's wanted now having to actually earn a living.

Imagine delivering a bizarre speech, which in turn deflects attention away from a controversy Bill that is going before Parliament soon.

Only a cynic would think like that.

Edit. He still is an uncaring self-centred charlatan but one who knows how to play that role in order to fool people into voting for him.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 19:11]
The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 20:34 - Nov 22 with 700 viewsLeoMuff

Can anyone tell us what the vibe of this address is supposed to be ?

If light and after dinner humorous, no problem. If it was delivered to a serious business audience expecting some enlightened direction on the economic way of travel, oh dear indeed.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Login to get fewer ads

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 20:36 - Nov 22 with 696 viewsfactual_blue

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 15:17 - Nov 22 by Swansea_Blue

Ha! I do wonder whether whoever writes Johnson's speeches is just seeing how far they can push things. Although I don't know whether they're on Johnson's side or not. Are they seeing what daft things they can get him to read out, or aiming to seeing how much rubbish the public will take while still supporting Johnson? Not sure, but someone has to be taking the piss.

That's an interesting piece and I've learnt at least one new word - 'McDisneyization'.

Somebody writes that stuff?

An actual adult writes that stuff?

Are you sure?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 21:09 - Nov 22 with 659 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Peppa Pig World is worth £6 billion to the UK?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 21:18 - Nov 22 with 636 viewsSwansea_Blue

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 15:00 - Nov 22 by blueconscience

Hmm, if I’d have known Covid turns you into a feckless waster for the last 40 years, I’d have used that excuse myself.

Obviously he’s been deeply scared by his Covid experience though, which is why he’s screwing over the NHS and is a rabid anti-masker.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 22:07 - Nov 22 with 570 viewsTangledupin_Blue

The joke stopped being funny a long time ago... on 20:36 - Nov 22 by factual_blue

Somebody writes that stuff?

An actual adult writes that stuff?

Are you sure?

Guto Harri, who used to work for Johnson when the latter was mayor of London, was on Radio 4's PM programme earlier. He said that Johnson writes his own speeches. So, no, not an actual adult.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024