Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Entitled higher tax rate payers… 16:33 - Nov 24 with 9051 viewsgiant_stow

….getting the hump over the fact their propped-up industry has shrunk, attack ordinary people trying to go about their business: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-underground-strike-friday-victoria

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 10:51 - Nov 26 with 281 viewsHerbivore

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 10:37 - Nov 26 by giant_stow

I wouldn't jump down your throat ever - far too reasonable.

However you link may have something to do with this:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-tube-underground-strike-action-tod

(i can't link to the post, but titled 'frequent trains are still running) so perhaps the strike isn't that well supported afterall and if so I apologize to those decent tube drivers and redirect my ire to the only the union.)

Mind you further down, there's this:

"Leanne Smallman, 30, a retail worker, said: “I’m really cross now I have to get a bus and will be half an hour late.

“I think it’s terrible the tube workers are stopping the public going about their business over petty grievances.”

This is also interesting from a tube driver who rang LBC (some may say hes a ringer, but he seems to know his stuff):

Or for those who didn't believe my context posts yesterday, here's talk of having to shut whole tube lines:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/tfl-financial-crisis-tube-line-closed-

... Of course, i understand that this news item would go out on the day of the strike and that this whole thing is part of a wider battle between govt and london, but all the same...

Edit: to add the link about possible bus service cuts: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-underground-tube-bus-services-cycl

[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 10:44]

You do know that for a strike to take place it requires both a majority and a minimum 50% turn out, so a significant proportion of tube drivers back this strike. It's a shame that in your eyes that means they are not "decent" and that you'd rather they were gleefully running along in your desired race to the bottom.

Fair play that you're still banging the same drum, you've convinced precisely nobody of your arguments here but that hasn't deterred you from ploughing forward with your blinkers on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 10:52 - Nov 26 with 280 viewsgiant_stow

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 10:47 - Nov 26 by You_Bloo_Right

I don't want to rehearse all the previous discussion - I am clearly as entrenched as you and continuing to throw grenades at each other when we should be planning the Christmas truce football match seems pointless.

So agree to disagree by all means but "decent tube drivers" as opposed to what?

Maybe a loaded word I used there - let rephrase it in the spirit of letting things go to a degree at least:

drivers who are more worried about the effect of strike and aware of the current circumstances at TFL, than what seems like some fairly minor inconvenience in their working lives (if we're to believe the lbc calller at least).

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 10:54 - Nov 26 with 273 viewsgiant_stow

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 10:51 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

You do know that for a strike to take place it requires both a majority and a minimum 50% turn out, so a significant proportion of tube drivers back this strike. It's a shame that in your eyes that means they are not "decent" and that you'd rather they were gleefully running along in your desired race to the bottom.

Fair play that you're still banging the same drum, you've convinced precisely nobody of your arguments here but that hasn't deterred you from ploughing forward with your blinkers on.

When you're sure you're right, you don't get care about a few downvotes and actually, I think there is some quiet support out there - people just can't be arsed to deal with you lot.

If a 'race to the bottom' is all you've got left, I'll take that. Its not, but nothing I can say will convince you and that's fine.

Edit: I forgot your first point. I'm aware how voting goes on strikes, but I'm also aware that ASLEF aren't striking and perhaps coupled with people in the RMT who voted to strike, but still went to work things are relatively ok? I wouldn't know as I'm not a tube user anymore.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 10:56]

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 11:21 - Nov 26 with 240 viewsHerbivore

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 10:54 - Nov 26 by giant_stow

When you're sure you're right, you don't get care about a few downvotes and actually, I think there is some quiet support out there - people just can't be arsed to deal with you lot.

If a 'race to the bottom' is all you've got left, I'll take that. Its not, but nothing I can say will convince you and that's fine.

Edit: I forgot your first point. I'm aware how voting goes on strikes, but I'm also aware that ASLEF aren't striking and perhaps coupled with people in the RMT who voted to strike, but still went to work things are relatively ok? I wouldn't know as I'm not a tube user anymore.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 10:56]

"You lot"? Do me a favour. I don't like any of you so I have no associations here, I just disagree with you. And a race to the bottom is precisely what it is. Telling people to just accept worse conditions because others are worse off is very much race to the bottom thinking. It makes nobody any better off and only makes people worse off. But there's no convincing you, this has been your pet hate for some time and the same arguments again and again make no difference to any of us.

Enjoy your day, Ulla. Despite what you may think I don't dislike you anymore than anyone else on here, in fact I dislike you less than many other posters.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024