Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Entitled higher tax rate payers… 16:33 - Nov 24 with 9054 viewsgiant_stow

….getting the hump over the fact their propped-up industry has shrunk, attack ordinary people trying to go about their business: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/london-underground-strike-friday-victoria

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:02 - Nov 24 with 1288 viewseireblue

As an aside, from the important discussion on origins of citrus products, I was watching a program about unions in the US. People working in organisations that have a union earn much more than those in similar but non-unionised work places.

That’s like a good thing?
Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:07 - Nov 24 with 1271 viewsJ2BLUE

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:02 - Nov 24 by eireblue

As an aside, from the important discussion on origins of citrus products, I was watching a program about unions in the US. People working in organisations that have a union earn much more than those in similar but non-unionised work places.

Based on what i've read the conditions at the bottom of the pile in America are awful. Pitiful pay, zero tolerance of discussion of pay with colleagues, stupid rules like those working in retail must stand all day and general.

The owner of a bakery was on the news in tears because no one would work for her for $12 an hour. Good. If your business can't survive paying workers fairly then either don't have workers or don't have a business.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:09 - Nov 24 with 1256 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:02 - Nov 24 by eireblue

No, no, it's harmful to the rest of us who have to pay more for their products. Far better to promote cheap foreign sweatshops.

There are many benefits to unionisation including better working conditions as well as better pay. Unfortunately Thatcher demonised this off the back of when some unions within public services really did hold the upper hand before she came to power.

Anyone who is truly interested, The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists is a very good read.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:29 - Nov 24 with 1226 viewsgiant_stow

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:00 - Nov 24 by footers

So, just to be clear, your anger is totally with the unionised workers and nobody else?

Just making sure.

Wow this one really took off innit! I guess people just love talking food.

Anyway, no, I have no problem with unionised workers. I think I've been clear that my problem is specific to the RMT and its gangster drivers regularly holding poorer londoners to ransom. They're not socking it to the man - they're socking it to the little man.

I think it's interesting how a lot of people's reaction to this to blame me for capitalism! No idea how some of you have got there tbh. It's almost like this is uncomfortable for left wing thinkers, but it doesn't have to be. on the true left people care about poor people over their political team.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:29 - Nov 24 with 1223 viewsOldboy

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:00 - Nov 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Sorry, only just seen your question - busy answering another thread.

No beef for me. Wife is now vegetarian/bordering on vegan. She never liked beef anyway so a long time since and very rare that I eat any (never was my favourite either).

Anyway, to answer your question, some vegetarian plait thing with a cranberry topping and chips. Simple and actually quite tasty.

Not a problem, thanks.
Lovely. Fine just as it is.
My Wife is Vegan, but I eat what I like.
Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:30 - Nov 24 with 1224 viewsfactual_blue

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:07 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

Based on what i've read the conditions at the bottom of the pile in America are awful. Pitiful pay, zero tolerance of discussion of pay with colleagues, stupid rules like those working in retail must stand all day and general.

The owner of a bakery was on the news in tears because no one would work for her for $12 an hour. Good. If your business can't survive paying workers fairly then either don't have workers or don't have a business.

I read somewhere that 75% of the USA looks like the poorest country in the world.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:32 - Nov 24 with 1202 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:29 - Nov 24 by Oldboy

Not a problem, thanks.
Lovely. Fine just as it is.
My Wife is Vegan, but I eat what I like.

Yes, I still eat meat but it is often easier to eat the same (especially as we often have to do something else for one of the children anyway). A lot of vegan food is perfectly fine and doesn't always need some bacon with it (though often is improved by it)!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:36 - Nov 24 with 1171 viewsfooters

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:29 - Nov 24 by giant_stow

Anyway, no, I have no problem with unionised workers. I think I've been clear that my problem is specific to the RMT and its gangster drivers regularly holding poorer londoners to ransom. They're not socking it to the man - they're socking it to the little man.

I think it's interesting how a lot of people's reaction to this to blame me for capitalism! No idea how some of you have got there tbh. It's almost like this is uncomfortable for left wing thinkers, but it doesn't have to be. on the true left people care about poor people over their political team.

So no problem with the bosses?

Why aren't their pay and conditions met? Why should we, as Londoners, accept fewer staff in stations?

And what action should be taken if these conditions aren't met?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:43 - Nov 24 with 1140 viewsfactual_blue

Once again, thank you for your original, distressing, triggering post.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:48 - Nov 24 with 1117 viewsgiant_stow

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:36 - Nov 24 by footers

Why aren't their pay and conditions met? Why should we, as Londoners, accept fewer staff in stations?

Take a look at the circumstances Mr. I think tube usage is only 70% of pre-pandemic levels, so that's a huge revenue hit. The government is playing politics with making up up shortfall. Sadiq was in the press last week warning that 100 bus routes might be cut and trains left to be maintained on bare minimum levels and no new trains until the 2040s (if you're worried about safety, worry about that too). Will those maintainance staff and bus drivers lose their jobs? No idea, but no tube driver is getting rhe sack - only asked for a bit of flexibility on conditions.

But they strike and who will be the ones to bare the brunt of that? Poorer workers on jobs where they can't just work at home like lot of the middle classes. They'll either have to cram on to buses (covidtastic) or get expensive users they can't afford.

None of this sits right with me. There's a limited pot to spend on transport in London and they in effect rob Peter to pay their Pauls, while using other londoners as fodder in their nasty game.

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:51 - Nov 24 with 1115 viewsgiant_stow

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:43 - Nov 24 by factual_blue

Once again, thank you for your original, distressing, triggering post.

I'm very sorry Factual. If it makes you feel any better I o yout the respect of remembering you mentioning how you Dad passed once before when talking about grief.

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 22:13 - Nov 24 with 1075 viewsJakeITFC

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:36 - Nov 24 by footers

I think in the very specific example of tube strikes they are doing good work for their own collective but not for the wider collective of London workers, and so ultimately resentment is to be expected.

It’s great that they have a union that works and they will again come out of this strike getting the change in terms they need and deserve, but I think some people are right to be pissed off by this action (and maybe that’s because they work in jobs that would have much better conditions if they were unionised, but ultimately the worker having to take a much busier/longer route or not being able to make it all can’t do much about that specific problem on Friday morning).
Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 22:18 - Nov 24 with 1062 viewsfooters

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:48 - Nov 24 by giant_stow

Take a look at the circumstances Mr. I think tube usage is only 70% of pre-pandemic levels, so that's a huge revenue hit. The government is playing politics with making up up shortfall. Sadiq was in the press last week warning that 100 bus routes might be cut and trains left to be maintained on bare minimum levels and no new trains until the 2040s (if you're worried about safety, worry about that too). Will those maintainance staff and bus drivers lose their jobs? No idea, but no tube driver is getting rhe sack - only asked for a bit of flexibility on conditions.

But they strike and who will be the ones to bare the brunt of that? Poorer workers on jobs where they can't just work at home like lot of the middle classes. They'll either have to cram on to buses (covidtastic) or get expensive users they can't afford.

None of this sits right with me. There's a limited pot to spend on transport in London and they in effect rob Peter to pay their Pauls, while using other londoners as fodder in their nasty game.

A negotiation only works two ways and yet you're still angry at the workers.

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 22:23 - Nov 24 with 1052 viewsfooters

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 22:13 - Nov 24 by JakeITFC

I think in the very specific example of tube strikes they are doing good work for their own collective but not for the wider collective of London workers, and so ultimately resentment is to be expected.

It’s great that they have a union that works and they will again come out of this strike getting the change in terms they need and deserve, but I think some people are right to be pissed off by this action (and maybe that’s because they work in jobs that would have much better conditions if they were unionised, but ultimately the worker having to take a much busier/longer route or not being able to make it all can’t do much about that specific problem on Friday morning).

I don't think there's much in your post to disagree about.

Yes, working people will be inconvenienced with any strike action - but no strike action would need to be taken should employers meet demands. So why aren't you and people like Ullaa on the back of bosses instead of workers? It's a measure of last resort. Same as we've seen with BLM - 'No, don't protest like that!'

It's backward.

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 00:02 - Nov 25 with 974 viewsXYZ

Which safety standards do you want to drop? How many lives are expendable to satisfy your need to feel economically superior to these public service workers?

What a fLick*n dick.
Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 00:13 - Nov 25 with 954 viewsgiant_stow

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 00:02 - Nov 25 by XYZ

Which safety standards do you want to drop? How many lives are expendable to satisfy your need to feel economically superior to these public service workers?

What a fLick*n dick.

What on earth are you on about?! Are you drunk?

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 00:35 - Nov 25 with 923 viewsXYZ

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 00:13 - Nov 25 by giant_stow

What on earth are you on about?! Are you drunk?

Probably, yes. Hence the abuse.

Tired of your ignorant rants against industrial action based on "I can't get my tube". There's a world beyond your meaningless little existence.

You do come across as a selfish me me me type.

Edit for typo "a" s/ be "as"
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 0:40]
Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 07:43 - Nov 25 with 845 viewsgiant_stow

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 00:35 - Nov 25 by XYZ

Probably, yes. Hence the abuse.

Tired of your ignorant rants against industrial action based on "I can't get my tube". There's a world beyond your meaningless little existence.

You do come across as a selfish me me me type.

Edit for typo "a" s/ be "as"
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 0:40]

I haven't complained on my own behalf once in this thread. All my comments have been about the effects on poorer people, so tbh, fck you.

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 08:45 - Nov 25 with 819 viewsOldboy

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 21:32 - Nov 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Yes, I still eat meat but it is often easier to eat the same (especially as we often have to do something else for one of the children anyway). A lot of vegan food is perfectly fine and doesn't always need some bacon with it (though often is improved by it)!

Bacon improves most savory food stuffs. (And some sweet)
Thinking of having a couple of slices of toasted fruit loaf this morning with some butter and blackcurrant jam.
Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 09:04 - Nov 25 with 807 viewsZx1988

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 22:18 - Nov 24 by footers

A negotiation only works two ways and yet you're still angry at the workers.

And I think that's it entirely - the bosses.

Surely those at the top of the tree at TfL know how this works by now, and how it always ends.

1) They suggest something unpalatable to the staff
2) The staff strike
3) The staff get what they want

Would it not just be better to have proper negotiation over these things, and prevent strike action in the first place?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 09:05 - Nov 25 with 807 viewsHerbivore

Your thinking on this is just so narrow and wrong headed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 09:12 - Nov 25 with 790 viewsOldboy

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 09:05 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

Fruit loaf, butter and blackcurrant jam?

Sorry, wrong post.
Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 09:13 - Nov 25 with 790 viewsgiant_stow

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 09:05 - Nov 25 by Herbivore

Educate me then boss: put the other side. Mostly, I'm just getting abuse, down-arrows and tribal party political stuff back.

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 09:22 - Nov 25 with 776 viewsOldboy

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 09:13 - Nov 25 by giant_stow

Educate me then boss: put the other side. Mostly, I'm just getting abuse, down-arrows and tribal party political stuff back.

Well, I find the fruit loaf a better alternative to bread. Toasted makes the butter melt into the loaf. Blackcurrant jam just because the Wife always has a jar of it in the fridge. She puts it in most of her dishes for flavour. Jam of your choice of course is fine.
Sorry if you feel like I have given you abuse about it.
No right or wrong answers, just personal preference.
I have given you an uppie to hopefully make up for it.
Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 09:25 - Nov 25 with 769 viewsgiant_stow

Entitled higher tax rate payers… on 09:22 - Nov 25 by Oldboy

Well, I find the fruit loaf a better alternative to bread. Toasted makes the butter melt into the loaf. Blackcurrant jam just because the Wife always has a jar of it in the fridge. She puts it in most of her dishes for flavour. Jam of your choice of course is fine.
Sorry if you feel like I have given you abuse about it.
No right or wrong answers, just personal preference.
I have given you an uppie to hopefully make up for it.

Thats very kind of you. I think I agree about fruit loaf.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024