Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"We're useless at the dark arts" 06:58 - Nov 29 with 717 viewsBobbychase

I hear this a lot.

Couple of minutes to go yesterday and Walton holds on to the ball to waste a few seconds. Cue howls from the crowd that he didn't throw it out quickly.

Make up your minds.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

"We're useless at the dark arts" on 08:22 - Nov 29 with 566 viewsWhataday78

Amen! absolute idiots screaming at him to play it quicker but why... we were 2-1 up, the amount of teams that come here and set up to time waste from kick off is unreal..
"We're useless at the dark arts" on 09:24 - Nov 29 with 477 viewstownblue

Yesterday was really odd. It felt like we were losing/drawing despite being 2-1. I'm not really sure why.
"We're useless at the dark arts" on 09:28 - Nov 29 with 448 viewsN2_Blue

Bonne did some time wasting late in the game as well when Crewe won a free kick.

My thought was not well done but more of, are we really needing to resort to time wasting tactics at home to Crewe to hold on!? Had their late chance gone in it would have made us look pathetic. It's all rather desperate at the moment.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

"We're useless at the dark arts" on 09:31 - Nov 29 with 440 viewsSwansea_Blue

"We're useless at the dark arts" on 09:24 - Nov 29 by townblue

Yesterday was really odd. It felt like we were losing/drawing despite being 2-1. I'm not really sure why.

There's an element of people talking themselves into thinking we were going to score 4 or 5. As if teams are just going to come here and roll over. Yet this Crewe team have already held the likes of Plymouth and Rotherham to draws. I'm not saying they're a great team, but they seem to be making their opponents work for their wins.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"We're useless at the dark arts" on 09:41 - Nov 29 with 399 viewsMeadowlark

I think it was the culmination of another display where we had contrived to become second best on the pitch - at home to the team bottom of the league - and we were not doing enough to try to change that situation. There was still a feeling that we could do better and that we should be trying to score again.
Not an unreasonable thought.
We have seen so often in the past that when we sit back and try to defend and waste time that the oposition scores. Especially in the dying minutes.
I think we just wanted to get the ball up their end of the pitch!
"We're useless at the dark arts" on 09:41 - Nov 29 with 399 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"We're useless at the dark arts" on 09:24 - Nov 29 by townblue

100 goals, 100 points, HMS Pi ss the League innit?

Idiots.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024