Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Think the sacking could not have been worse timed 16:27 - Dec 8 with 1345 viewsjasondozzell

Would love a young coach like Manning in near future but feel maybe we need someone like Warnock now to sort out a mess. Hasn't he got a soft spot for us?
Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 16:30 - Dec 8 with 1303 viewstractorboy1978

It's not a mess is it? We have a squad of decent players that are low on confidence and look in need of some coaching. What we don't need is another 6 months where we build absolutely nothing with a short term fix.
Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 16:33 - Dec 8 with 1291 viewswkj

I never want to hear Young and Hungry again. Last time we all said we wanted that we got the real-world equivalent of someone playing Football Manager on MDMA.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 16:37 - Dec 8 with 1267 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

echoes the words of the first reply.

This isn't a mess (yet).

These players need coaching, they need a system that suits them and they probably need a bit of a rocket. A good coach, I'm sure can get these bunch of ragamuffins playing. Im sure of it.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 16:51 - Dec 8 with 1214 viewsmarkchips

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 16:37 - Dec 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

This isn't a mess (yet).

These players need coaching, they need a system that suits them and they probably need a bit of a rocket. A good coach, I'm sure can get these bunch of ragamuffins playing. Im sure of it.

The yanks were never going to hang around and what is done is done.

I suspect the owners will go for someone like Lampard or Terry if they can get them. Maybe Drogba will have a say. I suspect managerial pay does not count towards the salary cap but not sure on this.

I suspect play offs this year has gone by the time the new incumbent is settled but this is in some ways no bad thing.

I think we all have to accept this is a massive rebuild . Evans systematically sold off a whole team and after the diehards like Chambers, Sears and Skuse departed we barely had a division two level team. Sad but entirely true.

In these circumstances a John Terry or Manning with an experienced back up team who come as a package , to me seems the best approach.
Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:02 - Dec 8 with 1173 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 16:30 - Dec 8 by tractorboy1978

It's not a mess is it? We have a squad of decent players that are low on confidence and look in need of some coaching. What we don't need is another 6 months where we build absolutely nothing with a short term fix.

The squad is still short on 2 defenders a striker and a hard tackling midfielder
Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:07 - Dec 8 with 1153 viewsTheBlueGnu

My choice for the new manager is David Neilson, the Loughborough-born actor.

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:07 - Dec 8 with 1148 viewsfranz_tyson

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:02 - Dec 8 by BtreeBlueBlood

The squad is still short on 2 defenders a striker and a hard tackling midfielder

Depends on what manager we get and system he wants to play.

A different system might suit existing players. I do think our recruitment didn’t add up with the way Cook wanted to play.
Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:11 - Dec 8 with 1131 viewscressi

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:07 - Dec 8 by franz_tyson

A different system might suit existing players. I do think our recruitment didn’t add up with the way Cook wanted to play.

Think it came at the right time a few games to see what needs sorting for the January transfer window.
If middle of January we would be stuck with what we have.
Login to get fewer ads

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:20 - Dec 8 with 1095 viewsIllinoisblue

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:07 - Dec 8 by TheBlueGnu

My choice for the new manager is David Neilson, the Loughborough-born actor.

Do you think he’ll play two up front?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:23 - Dec 8 with 1075 viewsIllinoisblue

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 16:30 - Dec 8 by tractorboy1978

Depends how you define mess. We can’t score, rarely create chances, have one good defender, and struggle to beat L2 sides.

That’s a lot to fix

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:26 - Dec 8 with 1061 viewsitfcsuth

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 16:37 - Dec 8 by TRUE_BLUE123

This isn't a mess (yet).

It is a mess, it’s a real mess, but not something we can’t get out of.

We are too far off it to even consider top 6 this season, but it will give a period between now and the end of the season to bring a little of stability, order and structure going into a new campaign.
Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:42 - Dec 8 with 1011 viewsRadioOrwell

What is your problem with the timing ?

Too soon ... too late ...

I think it's about right.
Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 20:37 - Dec 8 with 919 viewsTheBlueGnu

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:20 - Dec 8 by Illinoisblue

Do you think he’ll play two up front?

Yep, Fairclough and Langton

Poll: Other than "The Mean Machine", what was your favourite Wacky Races car ?

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 20:46 - Dec 8 with 904 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I agree it could have been better timed (like after the Bolton game).

However here is a list of worse timings:

After Cook had won 2 games on the trot (I think he did once or maybe even twice).

The day before the first match of the season.

After the January transfer window has shut.

A few days before the January transfer window shuts.

At the start of the transfer window.

A few days before the start of the transfer window.

When Cook is dealing with the death of his Dad.

At the start of a transfer embargo on the club.

The day the club has gone into administration.

After the form has dipped even further and we are in a relegation battle.

I am bored now but I reckon I could come up with a hundred or more worse times and probably very few better ones.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 20:53 - Dec 8 with 884 viewsZapers

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 17:07 - Dec 8 by franz_tyson

Which begs the question, did Cook choose all the signings. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 20:58 - Dec 8 with 861 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 20:53 - Dec 8 by Zapers

Which begs the question, did Cook choose all the signings. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

So because they are not the right signings for the system Cook chooses, it cannot be that Cook brought them in. Someone else who would have easily been able to consult with Cook chose to bring in the wrong players instead.

I agree they are the wrong players for what Cook needed as time has shown. However, I don't think that necessarily means Cook didn't identify or ask for them. If he hadn't he could easily have just stuck the ones he didn't want in the U23s as soon as they arrived. The only ones he did that to were already here.

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 21:09 - Dec 8 with 819 viewsZapers

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 20:58 - Dec 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

So because they are not the right signings for the system Cook chooses, it cannot be that Cook brought them in. Someone else who would have easily been able to consult with Cook chose to bring in the wrong players instead.

I agree they are the wrong players for what Cook needed as time has shown. However, I don't think that necessarily means Cook didn't identify or ask for them. If he hadn't he could easily have just stuck the ones he didn't want in the U23s as soon as they arrived. The only ones he did that to were already here.

If someone told cook not to play Norwood, he might well have been told to play so and so.

Anyway it’s pretty much pointless conjecture because truth is, we will never know!
Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 21:16 - Dec 8 with 798 viewsBloomBlue

For me the issue is the club should have a name already who they want as manager and I dont get the feeling they have that, happy to be proved wrong. Preston for example sacked their manager and then within days get their no.1 choice. Clearly the Preston, owners etc had already performed an assessment of potential managers in readiness should the situation occur.
Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 21:21 - Dec 8 with 780 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 21:09 - Dec 8 by Zapers

If someone told cook not to play Norwood, he might well have been told to play so and so.

Anyway it’s pretty much pointless conjecture because truth is, we will never know!

Ah so Cook was not actually managing anything at all and happy not to be.

This conspiracy theory is marching on rapidly.

It also means we don't need to worry who the new manager is because your imaginary control freak will be the real manager and nothing will change.

Your theory moves from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 21:24 - Dec 8 with 766 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 21:21 - Dec 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

Ah so Cook was not actually managing anything at all and happy not to be.

This conspiracy theory is marching on rapidly.

It also means we don't need to worry who the new manager is because your imaginary control freak will be the real manager and nothing will change.

Your theory moves from the sublime to the ridiculous.

I wonder where Louie Barry, Myles Kenlock, Idris El Mizouni, Kayden Jackson, Joe Pigott, Hayden Coulsen, Matt Penney, Bailey Clements, Kane Vincent Young and Janoi Donacien fit in with your "must be played/must not be played" ridiculous theory!

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 21:45 - Dec 8 with 724 viewsZapers

Think the sacking could not have been worse timed on 21:24 - Dec 8 by Nthsuffolkblue

I wonder where Louie Barry, Myles Kenlock, Idris El Mizouni, Kayden Jackson, Joe Pigott, Hayden Coulsen, Matt Penney, Bailey Clements, Kane Vincent Young and Janoi Donacien fit in with your "must be played/must not be played" ridiculous theory!

You are being silly now. I’m not suggesting Cook wasn’t responsible for most of the players bought, just not everyone. Plenty have suggested MA might have targeted a couple, don’t know why you think this so unusual.

Anyway as I said, it’s just speculation. Glad to leave it there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024