Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook - I never took training pre season 13:21 - Jan 6 with 4449 viewsnodge_blue

Can someone please explain what that means? I cant for one second believe that he never had the players together and coached them pre season. That cant have just been the fitness team or whatever they are doing pre season training??

Ive a bit of sympathy for his comments. I think the manager has to have more control and say of the running of the club than just being a first team coach. Its a bit worrying for me. I don't think the tail should wag the dog.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Cook - I never took training pre season on 18:18 - Jan 6 with 829 viewspointofblue

Cook took over whilst Evans was in place and had a poor record. He tried to palm it off on the players who had got us within touching distance of the play offs before he arrived.

After Gamechanger took over he still had a poor record despite having a squad most managers at this level would have loved. He says he wanted more times but couldn’t work with the structure so what would that have achieved? Just like the majority of his in-post interviews, he’s full of contradictions and confusion in an attempt to absolve himself of blame.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Cook - I never took training pre season on 21:23 - Jan 6 with 767 viewsDavoIPB

Can remember a comment by cook before a game where he said he hadn't been seen the players train that week and had been up north all week. How can you pick a team if you haven't seen them train?
Cook - I never took training pre season on 22:06 - Jan 6 with 748 viewsPhilTWTD

Cook - I never took training pre season on 21:23 - Jan 6 by DavoIPB

Can remember a comment by cook before a game where he said he hadn't been seen the players train that week and had been up north all week. How can you pick a team if you haven't seen them train?

I don't remember him saying that, which isn't to say he didn't, but if he'd spent time in the north it was probably because his father was terminally ill.
Cook - I never took training pre season on 22:53 - Jan 6 with 710 viewsHARRY10

I suspect Ashton sees success in player trading, as there is where the real money lies. Not in some promotion bid.

How much will it cost us to stay in the Championship, never mind a promotion attempt out . Competing with the tens of millions of parachute payments.

Adam Webster. How much did BC buy him from is, and what did they sell him for ?

Reid, Flint, Bryan, Magnussin sold for £26m

Webster, Kelly, Brownhill sold for £40m

not all profit, and the numbers are what is quoted, so take the figures with a pinch of salt but there does seem to be a thread running through the 3 years he was at Bristol - whether we have anyone able to command those kind of figures we shall have to see, I suspect promotion may not be his first priority, which maybe why Cook is complaining about who ran the training and who played

otherwise take it for what it is, and I am just putting it out there - something oddly that Bristal fans also think
Cook - I never took training pre season on 23:23 - Jan 6 with 686 viewsFevsBCFC

Cook - I never took training pre season on 22:53 - Jan 6 by HARRY10

I suspect Ashton sees success in player trading, as there is where the real money lies. Not in some promotion bid.

How much will it cost us to stay in the Championship, never mind a promotion attempt out . Competing with the tens of millions of parachute payments.

not all profit, and the numbers are what is quoted, so take the figures with a pinch of salt but there does seem to be a thread running through the 3 years he was at Bristol - whether we have anyone able to command those kind of figures we shall have to see, I suspect promotion may not be his first priority, which maybe why Cook is complaining about who ran the training and who played

otherwise take it for what it is, and I am just putting it out there - something oddly that Bristal fans also think

That was in an inflationary market, the arse has now fallen out of it.

Back to Tolls.

FWIW when Lee Johnson was sacked near the end of the late resuming 19/20 season, Holden took over as caretaker boss. He was not appointed as manager until pre-season had started but both he and Rolls (and his team) did the pre-season planning…a collaboration…based around fitness, friendlies, etc.

Having said that City’s conditioning coach Patrick Orme (reporting into Rolls) went on record to say that with the reduced close season window due to covid, they got it wrong. They thought the players would retain a level of fitness as the break was shorter, but in hindsight they were wrong…and that he thinks that played a big part in the soft tissue injuries they suffered last season.

I’m sure Churchman will be on this like a dog on heat, but all I’m doing is presenting the facts of what happened with Rolls at City. It’s not a criticism, far from it, just passing on info

Here’s Orme podcast.

So, interesting to hear Cook saying he didn’t get to collaborate on that. I’ve no idea whether that is true, whether he felt he didn’t get the input he wanted, or whether it’s just sour grapes on his part.
Cook - I never took training pre season on 23:32 - Jan 6 with 671 viewsChurchman

Cook - I never took training pre season on 18:07 - Jan 6 by Vic

I’ve no idea what he means by ‘recruitment room’ but Indi remember it being said that the time that we didn’t have a proper recruitment set up but that this was something that wasn’t top priority and would happen after things (ie, you can’t do everything at once).

So Cookie is being disingenuous in criticising this.

There was no recruitment team - unless MA and Cook lied. They had a list and MA sought out the best he could get.

The reality is that if Cook didn’t like structure he could have walked at any time. At the very least he could have established boundaries and got on with it. If he didn’t that’s his fault. If he did and failed, still his fault.

The reality was he drank his coffee and employed his chosen coaches and had players but no team. He should shoulder a bit of responsibility.
Cook - I never took training pre season on 00:14 - Jan 7 with 644 viewsChurchman

Cook - I never took training pre season on 23:23 - Jan 6 by FevsBCFC

That was in an inflationary market, the arse has now fallen out of it.

Back to Tolls.

FWIW when Lee Johnson was sacked near the end of the late resuming 19/20 season, Holden took over as caretaker boss. He was not appointed as manager until pre-season had started but both he and Rolls (and his team) did the pre-season planning…a collaboration…based around fitness, friendlies, etc.

Having said that City’s conditioning coach Patrick Orme (reporting into Rolls) went on record to say that with the reduced close season window due to covid, they got it wrong. They thought the players would retain a level of fitness as the break was shorter, but in hindsight they were wrong…and that he thinks that played a big part in the soft tissue injuries they suffered last season.

I’m sure Churchman will be on this like a dog on heat, but all I’m doing is presenting the facts of what happened with Rolls at City. It’s not a criticism, far from it, just passing on info

Here’s Orme podcast.

So, interesting to hear Cook saying he didn’t get to collaborate on that. I’ve no idea whether that is true, whether he felt he didn’t get the input he wanted, or whether it’s just sour grapes on his part.

I didn’t bother reading it. You’ve been trotting out the same stuff for about 8 months now and there is nothing informative about anything you have to say. Why on earth you should keep doing this on another club’s forum is beyond me.

Why don’t you toddle off and enjoy that shiny new ground with your shiny new training facilities and take pleasure in being the best you will ever be snugly placed in the Championship punching above your weight.
Cook - I never took training pre season on 00:23 - Jan 7 with 624 viewsFevsBCFC

Cook - I never took training pre season on 00:14 - Jan 7 by Churchman

I didn’t bother reading it. You’ve been trotting out the same stuff for about 8 months now and there is nothing informative about anything you have to say. Why on earth you should keep doing this on another club’s forum is beyond me.

Why don’t you toddle off and enjoy that shiny new ground with your shiny new training facilities and take pleasure in being the best you will ever be snugly placed in the Championship punching above your weight.

Thought you had me on ignore?

Some of your fellow forum members enjoy my posts.

This isn’t even a post about your beloved Ashton, yet you’re on full-on defensive mode.
Login to get fewer ads

Cook - I never took training pre season on 00:36 - Jan 7 with 620 viewsChurchman

Cook - I never took training pre season on 00:23 - Jan 7 by FevsBCFC

Thought you had me on ignore?

Some of your fellow forum members enjoy my posts.

This isn’t even a post about your beloved Ashton, yet you’re on full-on defensive mode.

You chose to throw my name in an earlier post in not a particularly pleasant way. I responded to it. It is simple really.

Yes, you’ve acquired a little following. It’s a case of replaying the same message over and over and some people will pick up on bits of it. Well done. Gives you something to do when you’ve finished the Beano I suppose.

Yes, you were on ignore and are now going back on ignore.
Cook - I never took training pre season on 08:48 - Jan 7 with 520 viewsJon_456

Cook - I never took training pre season on 22:53 - Jan 6 by HARRY10

Ashton probably sees success in whatever objectives he's been given.

Clearly the goal here is to be promoted to the Champ as soon as possible, followed by promotion to the Prem shortly after.

I doubt profiting from player sales is high up on the priority list other than to keep us within the leagues budget limits.
Cook - I never took training pre season on 13:14 - Jan 7 with 459 viewsRandall

It's just Cook trying to excuse himself for taking the best squad in League One to the bottom half of the table and angle for another job.

No more than that and I don't blame him for it.

It did concern me at the time when he took over last year and there was no bounce whatsoever. It was also weird when the new squad got a few bad results and he said he needed Morsy and they would not happen with Morsy in the team.Now if you are Morsy that may make you feel good, but how is it supposed to make the other players feel? Like a lazy bunch of wimps who need someone kicking them up the backside on the pitch. I am not sure he is that great a man manager.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024