Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the apology from Johnson 12:07 - Jan 12 with 4950 viewsElderGrizzly

Was simply, the Garden is my Office and I should have sent them back inside?

Not stop, go home. Sent them back inside to continue drinking?

Utter buffoon

[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 12:09]
So the apology from Johnson on 14:34 - Jan 12 with 649 viewsChurchman

So the apology from Johnson on 14:16 - Jan 12 by ElderGrizzly

It isn’t normal.

When we have foreign dignitaries we might have wine over lunch or a drinks reception, but not anything like is being passed off here as normal.

I’m aware through a couple of friends exactly that with foreign dignitaries can happen with MOD too - though the meetings I attended, being neither foreign or a dignitary consisted of still or sparkling water.

You are right. It is not normal, nor in my time was it even considered.
So the apology from Johnson on 14:42 - Jan 12 with 604 viewsFixed_It

So the apology from Johnson on 14:34 - Jan 12 by Churchman

I’m aware through a couple of friends exactly that with foreign dignitaries can happen with MOD too - though the meetings I attended, being neither foreign or a dignitary consisted of still or sparkling water.

You are right. It is not normal, nor in my time was it even considered.

And I very much doubt that the foreign dignitaries were told to 'bring your own booze'...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So the apology from Johnson on 14:47 - Jan 12 with 585 viewsfooters

So the apology from Johnson on 14:42 - Jan 12 by Fixed_It

And I very much doubt that the foreign dignitaries were told to 'bring your own booze'...

In the UK in 2022 you might not be so sure...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So the apology from Johnson on 14:55 - Jan 12 with 549 viewsChurchman

So the apology from Johnson on 14:42 - Jan 12 by Fixed_It

I’ll ask my buddy when I see him. When the Arabs were over, on more than one occasion he had to arrange whores and booze for them, though I doubt that was too difficult to sort at the top end hotels they stayed at.
So the apology from Johnson on 15:39 - Jan 12 with 494 viewsHARRY10

" Lord Falconer, the former lord chancellor, told Radio 4’s the World at One that Boris Johnson should be fined, or charged, because he admitted at PMQs that he attended an event that broke the law. He said that despite Johnson’s “lawyerly words” about it being a work event, a judge would not accept that argument.

Falconer also said that Johnson should resign because he had misled parliament. As evidence, he cited what Johnson said in December, when he told MPs at PMQs that he was angry to learn about parties at No 10. That implied he had not attended any, Falconer said. He went on:

Well, he had [attended parties at No 10]. He was lying to the house, and he should pay the price. The price is, because this is the way our political system work, if you can’t be trusted to inform the Commons honestly, for the prime minister,you’ve got to go, because nobody can trust you.
So the apology from Johnson on 16:52 - Jan 12 with 417 viewsElderGrizzly

So the apology from Johnson on 14:47 - Jan 12 by footers

In the UK in 2022 you might not be so sure...

Agree. Our budgets are rather thin this year!

Babycham all round
So the apology from Johnson on 17:58 - Jan 12 with 367 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So the apology from Johnson on 12:24 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

He's just a total t*sser.

Needs to go now, trying to claim it was a work event (which also wasn't allowed I believe), it's insulting to those who couldn't be with their relatives as they died.

SB

Doesn’t this count as false equivalence? Shouldn't our media be comparing him to people that got fined for sitting on a park bench to drink bottles of cider with a few mates? Not quite the same impact I admit but he definitely didn't visit any dying relatives as far as I am aware.
Not that I disagree with your overall assessment of course but our media could do with being a little less 'Brass Eye.'

Edit...Much more like it...
https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/12/dad-fined-for-having-three-mates-in-garden-wants-
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 18:09]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024