Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the apology from Johnson 12:07 - Jan 12 with 4949 viewsElderGrizzly

Was simply, the Garden is my Office and I should have sent them back inside?

Not stop, go home. Sent them back inside to continue drinking?

Utter buffoon

[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 12:09]
So the apology from Johnson on 13:31 - Jan 12 with 857 viewskeighleyblue

So the apology from Johnson on 12:19 - Jan 12 by Kieran_Knows

What gets me is that, whilst the majority of the population do think hes a monumental bell*nd, if he just came out and admitted what he'd done and apologised, we'd think he's a little less of a monumental bell*nd.

I really wouldn't, but hey.
So the apology from Johnson on 13:33 - Jan 12 with 853 viewsfooters

So the apology from Johnson on 13:22 - Jan 12 by homer_123

Are you Footers? Doesn't Gove hold shares in Spar?

Haven't seen a Spar in the UK for donkeys! Are they still about? Last one I saw was in Malta, I think, ie Britain circa 1960.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

So the apology from Johnson on 13:33 - Jan 12 with 842 viewsElderGrizzly

So the apology from Johnson on 13:30 - Jan 12 by MattinLondon

Basically the PM simply stood up at PMQs uttered a poor-apology and answered every question ‘sorry, but wait for the results of the inquiry’. He’s hoping that something else will be grabbing the headlines whenever the inquiry is made public. He knows the attention span of his supporters and that they won’t care.

Hopefully like Trump his soft-supporters will go off him making his ardent supporters voters irrelevant.

His supporters this afternoon:

Sky News out interviewing people in Uxbridge just now.

First guy: “He nailed Brexit and did so well with Covid”

FFS 😳

#PMQs
So the apology from Johnson on 13:35 - Jan 12 with 836 viewsChurchman

So the apology from Johnson on 12:27 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

Who cares where the leaks come from?

He's broken so many rules that others abided by he needs to go now, irrespective of what else happens.

He's still not saying "party", just calling it an "event".

SB

Absolutely. He should resign now, today.

I was lunching in the local yesterday and the owner, a lovely chap, is seriously ill in Kings hospital with a brain tumour. His family have been unable to see him (apart from zoom) since before Christmas and with Covid risk they understand why and why rules have to be abided by.

Why Johnson cannot see that rules should apply to all is quite beyond me. As PM he and his staff should be at the front demonstrating this. How hard can it be. It’s called leading from the front, but then he wouldn’t know leadership if it hit him on the head. Bit like hard work. Alien to him.

I can only think that their arrogance and belief in privilege overrides the blindingly obvious. Us at the top of the heap do as we like. Why else would BJ have supported that odious mutant Cummings? Why else would sweaty liar Hancock do what he did or Andrew Lansley (now in the House of Lords) abuse the police outside the No10 gates?

Just go Johnson. Scuttle away. If you think you are right, call an election and let the people decide.

No need to hear your excuses. It’s actually about time laws were introduced to stop abuse of power and bring people to account. We have Blair and his ugly wife raking it in after their efforts, Cameron doing the same and I’ve no doubt tub of lard will be aboard the gravy train as soon as he waddles away with his hag of a partner.

Rant of the day over.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 13:41]
So the apology from Johnson on 13:35 - Jan 12 with 832 viewsunbelievablue

So the apology from Johnson on 13:33 - Jan 12 by ElderGrizzly

FFS 😳

#PMQs

Lord Lucan moved to Uxbridge?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

So the apology from Johnson on 13:36 - Jan 12 with 820 viewsHARRY10

So the apology from Johnson on 13:33 - Jan 12 by ElderGrizzly

FFS 😳

#PMQs

rather like the budgies are doing well in the PL, if you ignore the table, and err....their results
So the apology from Johnson on 13:39 - Jan 12 with 798 viewsSwansea_Blue

So the apology from Johnson on 12:34 - Jan 12 by noggin

Scum! The man is a knut.

That's the second time someone's had a pop at Grizzly.

Don't worry Grizzers, I've got your back

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So the apology from Johnson on 13:43 - Jan 12 with 769 viewsSwansea_Blue

So the apology from Johnson on 12:34 - Jan 12 by noggin

Scum! The man is a knut.

You see, Angela Rayner got into trouble for calling him and his ilk 'scum'. She wasn't wrong though was she?

Although it was rather amusing she only got called up on the word 'scum' and nobody deemed it necessary for her to correct calling them nasty, homophobic, racist, misogynistic and absolutely vile!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

So the apology from Johnson on 13:45 - Jan 12 with 750 viewsChurchman

So the apology from Johnson on 13:43 - Jan 12 by Swansea_Blue

You see, Angela Rayner got into trouble for calling him and his ilk 'scum'. She wasn't wrong though was she?

Although it was rather amusing she only got called up on the word 'scum' and nobody deemed it necessary for her to correct calling them nasty, homophobic, racist, misogynistic and absolutely vile!

I doubt anyone thought she was inaccurate, though in Johnson’s case calling him scum is actually a compliment. He’s worse than that. The criticism was more to do with the language protocols of HoC.
So the apology from Johnson on 13:47 - Jan 12 with 735 viewsPinewoodblue

Let’s be fair, comparing him to a Norwich supporter was below the belt, some Norwich fans are OK.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So the apology from Johnson on 13:48 - Jan 12 with 735 viewsBlueBadger

The bigotry is a selling point for the sort of people who got upset about the word 'scum' though.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 14:07]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So the apology from Johnson on 13:49 - Jan 12 with 723 viewsEly_Blue

So the apology from Johnson on 13:04 - Jan 12 by giant_stow

I share your anger Stokie - just wondering why now / what comes next post-Johnson.

I’d say Rishi is nailed on as next PM, however we all know that the transition from Chancellor to PM doesn’t end well based on recent(ish) history

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

So the apology from Johnson on 13:49 - Jan 12 with 720 viewsBlueBadger

So the apology from Johnson on 13:47 - Jan 12 by Pinewoodblue

Let’s be fair, comparing him to a Norwich supporter was below the belt, some Norwich fans are OK.

Exactly. Ulla is simply misguided, not openly bigoted.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

So the apology from Johnson on 13:51 - Jan 12 with 703 viewsElderGrizzly

So the apology from Johnson on 13:49 - Jan 12 by Ely_Blue

I’d say Rishi is nailed on as next PM, however we all know that the transition from Chancellor to PM doesn’t end well based on recent(ish) history

Johnson is done for.

He’s currently just a shield for all this while they figure out who/what next.

Once they decided Matt Hancock was finished, they leaked CCTV of his office.

Downing Street (and the Garden) is covered with CCTV.

The ‘leaks’ so far on this have been planned carefully & I fully expect the images of the ‘event’ will follow
So the apology from Johnson on 13:52 - Jan 12 with 693 viewsBlueBadger

So the apology from Johnson on 13:13 - Jan 12 by footers

Don't worry, lowhouse will be along soon saying how normal it is in certain industries to make important decisions with alcohol, in a garden with your wife and that this isn't a resigning matter at all...

Lowie is the politics equivalent of Frank from Holland, still arguing that Lambert should keep his job.

So the apology from Johnson on 13:55 - Jan 12 with 670 viewslowhouseblue

So the apology from Johnson on 13:13 - Jan 12 by footers

Don't worry, lowhouse will be along soon saying how normal it is in certain industries to make important decisions with alcohol, in a garden with your wife and that this isn't a resigning matter at all...

ooooh, a name check. how exciting. in normal times, in certain sectors, on occasion, people do work over drinks. it really is very normal in those settings. it's definitely still work. but not during a strict national lockdown, when, even at work, social distancing applied and people should have been working at home whenever practical. personally i don't see how boris survives this one.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

So the apology from Johnson on 13:55 - Jan 12 with 671 viewsElderGrizzly

So the apology from Johnson on 13:52 - Jan 12 by BlueBadger

Lowie is the politics equivalent of Frank from Holland, still arguing that Lambert should keep his job.

1922 committee meets this afternoon.

More leaks to come…
So the apology from Johnson on 14:00 - Jan 12 with 649 viewsHARRY10

There seems to be an obvious point being missed here.

This bloated buffoon seems to be under the mistaken belief that this is a court case. If the lawyer can him off on a technicality than that is OK, that will be the end of the matter.

It won't be.

The damage is done.

He has lost what little credibility he had, and as the tax rises, inflation hits and the fuel/energy price cap is lifted he will be the cause, irrespective of how accurate that is.

And Tories, especially Red Wall voters, will hold their Tory MP responsible for not removing him earlier. Better to amputate the foot, than to allow the gangrene to spread when it will mean amputation of the whole leg (or even death) further down the line.
So the apology from Johnson on 14:12 - Jan 12 with 608 viewsHerbivore

The claim that technically it was within the rules is so spectacularly tone dead as to be offensive. What an utter cockwomble.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So the apology from Johnson on 14:12 - Jan 12 with 590 viewsElderGrizzly

So the apology from Johnson on 14:00 - Jan 12 by HARRY10

There seems to be an obvious point being missed here.

This bloated buffoon seems to be under the mistaken belief that this is a court case. If the lawyer can him off on a technicality than that is OK, that will be the end of the matter.

It won't be.

The damage is done.

He has lost what little credibility he had, and as the tax rises, inflation hits and the fuel/energy price cap is lifted he will be the cause, irrespective of how accurate that is.

And Tories, especially Red Wall voters, will hold their Tory MP responsible for not removing him earlier. Better to amputate the foot, than to allow the gangrene to spread when it will mean amputation of the whole leg (or even death) further down the line.

Apparently it was a party for Johnson and Raab!

I can imagine Malcom Tucker running for Simon now…
So the apology from Johnson on 14:13 - Jan 12 with 587 viewsChurchman

So the apology from Johnson on 13:55 - Jan 12 by lowhouseblue

ooooh, a name check. how exciting. in normal times, in certain sectors, on occasion, people do work over drinks. it really is very normal in those settings. it's definitely still work. but not during a strict national lockdown, when, even at work, social distancing applied and people should have been working at home whenever practical. personally i don't see how boris survives this one.

Working over drinks in government is not normal. I never saw it happen in 10 years. After work, yes, finishing early for leaving do’s yes, but not in working hours or in meetings.

Many years ago in the retail banking world, part of my job involves business lunches and usually alcohol. It was normal then, but times have changed. At Christmas we’d make rocket fuel punch for the customers and the staff the day before Christmas. Working for a small company, I never saw it. Again, after work but that was it.

I guess it varies with the industry and over time.
So the apology from Johnson on 14:15 - Jan 12 with 572 viewsJDB23

So the apology from Johnson on 14:16 - Jan 12 with 570 viewsElderGrizzly

So the apology from Johnson on 14:13 - Jan 12 by Churchman

Working over drinks in government is not normal. I never saw it happen in 10 years. After work, yes, finishing early for leaving do’s yes, but not in working hours or in meetings.

Many years ago in the retail banking world, part of my job involves business lunches and usually alcohol. It was normal then, but times have changed. At Christmas we’d make rocket fuel punch for the customers and the staff the day before Christmas. Working for a small company, I never saw it. Again, after work but that was it.

It isn’t normal.

When we have foreign dignitaries we might have wine over lunch or a drinks reception, but not anything like is being passed off here as normal.
So the apology from Johnson on 14:20 - Jan 12 with 544 viewsHerbivore

So the apology from Johnson on 14:16 - Jan 12 by ElderGrizzly

It isn’t normal.

When we have foreign dignitaries we might have wine over lunch or a drinks reception, but not anything like is being passed off here as normal.

I'm starting to think lowhouse works in Wetherspoons.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So the apology from Johnson on 14:31 - Jan 12 with 488 viewslowhouseblue

So the apology from Johnson on 14:13 - Jan 12 by Churchman

if you read biographies of politicians it certainly doesn't seem to be unusual.

but i agree it depends on the sector.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024