Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Toto is going 09:40 - Jan 13 with 2880 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Who else will the club be trying to move out?

My guess would be.

Kenlock,
Holy (If we get Walton)
Nolan
Fraser (Possibly)
Jackson

Anyone else?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If Toto is going on 14:45 - Jan 13 with 413 viewsgordon

If Toto is going on 14:36 - Jan 13 by franz_tyson

Harper’s only 21 and he could be one that could benefit from a loan out. I know he was brought here as a senior player, but looks too much traffic ahead of him at the moment. If we keep Carroll and Fraser he might not get a sniff.
Big squad and surely McKenna should be concentrating on getting the whole squad to improve as opposed to concentrating on individual young players. Maybe a loan elsewhere and extra game time would be better for him.

Forgot about Carroll - with Morsy, Carroll, Evans, Harper and El Mizouni we've got one option too many (and El Miz is probably pretty good value in terms of his wages).

I get what people are saying about Harper and Burgess, just if there's the option of bringing in Walton but we need to cut wages elsewhere then I think we'd ship out either of those or Carroll on loan or permanently if necessary to bring Walton in.
If Toto is going on 14:56 - Jan 13 with 376 viewsclive_baker

If Toto is going on 13:23 - Jan 13 by FPL_Tractor

My guess is if Nolan goes we'll pay him off and he'll try to get a club after the transfer window closes and he's fit.

That's an option if we need the wage budget space for Walton/Bonne and/or we need the squad space and he's not going to make the 20. At the moment I'd have Kenlock ahead of Nolan in my 20 simply because he's fit and could play that left centre back role while we're pretty well stocked in centre midfield so Nolan must be well down the pecking order now.

I think the issue with paying players like Nolan off is I don't see what's in it for him given his fitness situation. Unless we offer him a decent % of what he'll earn by sitting tight here between now and the end of his contract, which presumably defeats the purpose for us as it would still be an expense. I don't see what's in it for Nolan, other than perhaps the convenience of not having to report for training every day at a club where he likely has no future. Unless he has some assurances that he'll be able to pick up a contract somewhere else between now and the summer which I make unlikely given his injuries.

Perhaps a little different for Kenlock as he is at least fit, we could perhaps help him find a club that takes him until the end of the season, with us bridging the gap in wages. Or a loan club.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If Toto is going on 15:20 - Jan 13 with 328 viewsDyland

If Toto is going on 14:56 - Jan 13 by clive_baker

I think the issue with paying players like Nolan off is I don't see what's in it for him given his fitness situation. Unless we offer him a decent % of what he'll earn by sitting tight here between now and the end of his contract, which presumably defeats the purpose for us as it would still be an expense. I don't see what's in it for Nolan, other than perhaps the convenience of not having to report for training every day at a club where he likely has no future. Unless he has some assurances that he'll be able to pick up a contract somewhere else between now and the summer which I make unlikely given his injuries.

Perhaps a little different for Kenlock as he is at least fit, we could perhaps help him find a club that takes him until the end of the season, with us bridging the gap in wages. Or a loan club.

I'm glad I'm not the Town accountant.

Though presumably post Evans it's not Lee O'Neill having to do all the maths as well as his other jobs :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

If Toto is going on 15:21 - Jan 13 with 328 viewsKeaneish

Toto's leaving? But...why?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

If Toto is going on 15:30 - Jan 13 with 317 viewsclive_baker

If Toto is going on 15:20 - Jan 13 by Dyland

I'm glad I'm not the Town accountant.

Though presumably post Evans it's not Lee O'Neill having to do all the maths as well as his other jobs :)

Certainly adds another level of pressure to forecasting. It's one thing missing a budget that you've set internally, but when there's a potentially FFP penalty at stake it's a different pressure altogether. Guess the fund can chuck some reddies in at the 11th hour if needs be, that's one luxury in L1 that Championship clubs aren't permitted to do.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

If Toto is going on 15:52 - Jan 13 with 291 viewsBlueBadger

If Toto is going on 15:21 - Jan 13 by Keaneish

Toto's leaving? But...why?

Because he's not very good and it would free up a space in the squad for someone better.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If Toto is going on 16:47 - Jan 13 with 265 viewsjayessess

If Toto is going on 14:56 - Jan 13 by clive_baker

People talk about us "paying players off" but a genuinely can't remember the last time we actually did settle someone's contract.

Like you say, in the absence of an appealing offer from another club Nolan's got no motivation to take anything less than the full value of his contract.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If Toto is going on 17:00 - Jan 13 with 256 viewsjayessess

If Toto is going on 14:36 - Jan 13 by franz_tyson

Harper’s only 21 and he could be one that could benefit from a loan out. I know he was brought here as a senior player, but looks too much traffic ahead of him at the moment. If we keep Carroll and Fraser he might not get a sniff.
Big squad and surely McKenna should be concentrating on getting the whole squad to improve as opposed to concentrating on individual young players. Maybe a loan elsewhere and extra game time would be better for him.

Not sure what the justification for loaning him out would be. He's played nearly 50 games at a higher level than League One, so it's difficult to make the case that match experience is going to transform his game.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024