Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our support is fantastic 13:32 - Jan 17 with 2574 viewsFightingEssex

Having read a few months of alleged racism, homophobia, refusing to sit down, players being grabbed and bullied I thought I would say something positive..

Just gone to buy some additional seats for Saturday, and have had to move my ST because there’s just no space left in the lower North again. Three years of third division football, solidly mid table this season with the usual misery and the SBR is still rammed. Our support is fantastic, yeah a few of us are unhappy, will moan, but we’re all turning up despite 20 years of absolute misery!

Just a side note, hadn’t realised how hated we were as a club until I checked out a Facebook page showing our attendance at Bolton, it seems a lot of people are laughing, I really hope we shove it up their backsides again when we shake off the Evans tinpot era and start being competitive again.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Our support is fantastic on 16:16 - Jan 17 with 609 viewsBlueBadger

Our support is fantastic on 16:14 - Jan 17 by noggin

Last week you said scousers don't consider themselves English, and now this....

I'm not sure what's worse, the Paz tribute acts or the Makin tribute acts.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Our support is fantastic on 16:17 - Jan 17 with 611 viewsfooters

We're generally very well liked by most fans in my experience. Many of the older generation will talk your ears off about the great teams of the 70s and 80s, the younger ones will mainly look at you like an alien and ask who your Premiership team is.

This last one is especially amusing if they happen to support Spurs.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Our support is fantastic on 17:09 - Jan 17 with 534 viewsMattinLondon

Our support is fantastic on 16:17 - Jan 17 by footers

We're generally very well liked by most fans in my experience. Many of the older generation will talk your ears off about the great teams of the 70s and 80s, the younger ones will mainly look at you like an alien and ask who your Premiership team is.

This last one is especially amusing if they happen to support Spurs.

If you really want to confuse a younger football fan tell them that you couldn’t care less about the Premier League.
Our support is fantastic on 17:16 - Jan 17 with 528 viewsMullet

There’s been months of celebrating how well we travel in numbers, here and from the club. The odd scumbag is hardly the focal point of our fans.

Likewise you’ve had a mare with the Facebook stuff. Most proper fans love or respect us and most armchairs have no clue about us.

Bolton’s boys brigade singing a terrible rendition of that battered song aside, we’ve barely encountered much bother. Even then they’re a fan base with 20 years of ignorant mythology about game barely any of them saw.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Our support is fantastic on 17:23 - Jan 17 with 502 viewsMullet

Our support is fantastic on 17:09 - Jan 17 by MattinLondon

If you really want to confuse a younger football fan tell them that you couldn’t care less about the Premier League.

I get this all the time.

“Who’s your premier league team?”

“Ipswich”

Confusion all round

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Our support is fantastic on 17:29 - Jan 17 with 489 viewsMattinLondon

Our support is fantastic on 17:23 - Jan 17 by Mullet

I get this all the time.

“Who’s your premier league team?”

“Ipswich”

Confusion all round

Think I was being a tad unfair to younger football fans. Someone who is young but still goes to matches don’t tend to ask the ‘who do you support in the Premier League’ question. It’s tend to be ones who watch matches predominantly on the telly.

That’s in my experience.
Our support is fantastic on 17:56 - Jan 17 with 461 viewsjeera

Our support is fantastic on 17:09 - Jan 17 by MattinLondon

You mean the Premiership?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Our support is fantastic on 19:48 - Jan 17 with 414 viewsMattinLondon

Our support is fantastic on 17:56 - Jan 17 by jeera

You mean the Premiership?

No. But on reflection I should have said ‘The super duper league’.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024