Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time 17:43 - Jan 19 with 1008 viewsbluelagos

Is it time for Town to fall in line and drop the requirement for proof of vaccination / masks or should they continue with the restrictions they had in place prior to plan B being a requirement?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 17:51 - Jan 19 with 949 viewsElderGrizzly

They asked for them before they were a mandated requirement and importantly before Omicron, so hope they stick with them.

Especially with our older than average fan base?
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 17:54]
Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 18:34 - Jan 19 with 847 viewsfactual_blue

Yes.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 18:41 - Jan 19 with 835 viewsjas0999

It’s still the winter; covid, cold, flu and viruses are doing the rounds. It’s sensible to wear a mask at the very least. I’ll continue to do so.
Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 18:47 - Jan 19 with 814 viewsGlasgowBlue

Keep it until the end of the season and review in the summer.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 20:25 - Jan 19 with 707 viewsStokieBlue

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 18:41 - Jan 19 by jas0999

It’s still the winter; covid, cold, flu and viruses are doing the rounds. It’s sensible to wear a mask at the very least. I’ll continue to do so.

There is very little flu this year, exactly like last year.

There is a higher uptake of the flu vaccine but that's not particularly effective. Many won't want to hear it but masks in winter are making a massive difference to flu at the moment to the point where it's not an issue.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 20:27 - Jan 19 with 700 viewsElderGrizzly

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 18:47 - Jan 19 by GlasgowBlue

Keep it until the end of the season and review in the summer.

That's the sensible approach and even if the club do try and do that, I can see them really struggling to enforce as the Govt will be going round licking people in a couple of weeks
Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 20:37 - Jan 19 with 665 viewsStokieBlue

Entry into plan B: 7000 in hospital with covid
Exit from plan B: 19000 in hospital with covid

Lots of experts saying that the decision isn't based on data and is entirely designed to take pressure off Boris.

There does need to be a plan out of restrictions of course, not many would disagree with that, but it needs to be based on data and on the advice of experts.

The total abolition of isolation when positive is especially left field.

SB

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 20:38 - Jan 19 with 664 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No. Boris has peaked too soon. Uni students all returned to Uni on Monday, it’ll be another 7 to 10 days until we see if there is and rise in cases as a result.

We’ve already lost two on my course to self isolation and I’m expecting more.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 20:45 - Jan 19 with 639 viewsjas0999

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 20:25 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

There is very little flu this year, exactly like last year.

There is a higher uptake of the flu vaccine but that's not particularly effective. Many won't want to hear it but masks in winter are making a massive difference to flu at the moment to the point where it's not an issue.

SB

Sadly, I’ll have to respectfully disagree. There ARE flu cases, I know plenty of people with it.

My point, is I don’t want so much as a cold. I’ll continue to wear a mask. Not to stop it. But to reduce my chances,
Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 20:53 - Jan 19 with 623 viewsSwansea_Blue

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 20:37 - Jan 19 by StokieBlue

Entry into plan B: 7000 in hospital with covid
Exit from plan B: 19000 in hospital with covid

Lots of experts saying that the decision isn't based on data and is entirely designed to take pressure off Boris.

There does need to be a plan out of restrictions of course, not many would disagree with that, but it needs to be based on data and on the advice of experts.

The total abolition of isolation when positive is especially left field.

SB

It does seem suspiciously like part of Operation Save Johnson’s Ass. Deaths are running at over 400 a day too aren’t they? Seems a bit premature to me. Omicron is ripping through primary schools around here. So far no kids we know have been particularly unwell with it, but some parents have.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 20:57 - Jan 19 with 608 viewsStokieBlue

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 20:45 - Jan 19 by jas0999

Sadly, I’ll have to respectfully disagree. There ARE flu cases, I know plenty of people with it.

My point, is I don’t want so much as a cold. I’ll continue to wear a mask. Not to stop it. But to reduce my chances,

Hospitalisations for flu are dramatically lower than pre-pandemic levels, there was a government report on it on the last few days.

You are citing ancedotal evidence unless you're working in an ICU (have they been tested to confirm they have flu?) but the trend is clear and backed up by the official numbers.

Can I ask why you down voted both my posts? They are different points, what exactly did you disagree with?

SB
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 21:05]

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 23:10 - Jan 19 with 474 viewsGlasgowBlue

Given that the country is moving out of plan B in a weeks time on 20:53 - Jan 19 by Swansea_Blue

It does seem suspiciously like part of Operation Save Johnson’s Ass. Deaths are running at over 400 a day too aren’t they? Seems a bit premature to me. Omicron is ripping through primary schools around here. So far no kids we know have been particularly unwell with it, but some parents have.

The seven day rolling average is around 250. Tuesday is always the highest reported day due to the weekend lag.

This time last year the rolling seven day average was around 11-1,200 a day.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2022 23:14]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024