Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... 07:26 - Jan 20 with 2041 viewsOriginalMarkyP

And never liked the arrogant way he treated players.

But I do like the way Woolfenden refuses to throw him under the bus when asked if Cook didn't have confidence in him.

That's the sort of class Cook could have used a little bit more of himself.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 10:22 - Jan 20 with 317 viewsStokieBlue

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 09:09 - Jan 20 by GlasgowBlue

Yeah look how sh1t Downes and Andre are playing in the Championship.

Downes had wanted away for well over a year, not sure where this narrative has emerged from that he could have been persuaded to stay - doesn't seem to be any evidence for it at all.

If we don't cherry-pick the players who went up a level as an example and look at the others we currently see them 3rd bottom in League Two. It was the right time to move them on, even if the messaging around it was wrong.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 10:23 - Jan 20 with 312 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 10:20 - Jan 20 by Keaneish

Style not your strong suit it seems.

I’m sure that sounded really clever when you wrote it but I have no idea what this means

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 10:46 - Jan 20 with 287 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:15 - Jan 20 by Keaneish

Examples of Cook being classless please? I can’t think of any. In fact, isn’t the point about Wolfenden testament to that?

"I just feel like we're not far off a Sunday League team that has won a cup to come and play at Portman Road”

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 11:27 - Jan 20 with 267 viewsGarv

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 10:46 - Jan 20 by WestStanderLaLaLa

"I just feel like we're not far off a Sunday League team that has won a cup to come and play at Portman Road”

The type of quote said several times on TWTD every Saturday over the last 2-3 years.

Oh to have a manager who is honest and says it as it is.

Or perhaps not.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 11:55 - Jan 20 with 243 viewsFightingEssex

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 08:05 - Jan 20 by Churchman

I thought PC was the answer. The perfect fit. Track record of success at this dismal level, nothing could go wrong………. Oh…

But as Cheltenham Blue says, we move on.

In the EADT today is an article on how times are changing at ITFC. It talks about how signing a successful loanee like Walton just wouldn’t have happened a few years ago. Let’s hope in a couple of years the ineptitude of Cook, Lambert, Hurst and Evans is put in its rightful place. The bin

Huws was a successful loanee we signed, as was Murphy, as was Didz, Varney, Keane…

We have done this for years, it’s hardly radical change.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 12:15 - Jan 20 with 225 viewsChurchman

I never thought Paul Cook was the answer... on 11:55 - Jan 20 by FightingEssex

Huws was a successful loanee we signed, as was Murphy, as was Didz, Varney, Keane…

We have done this for years, it’s hardly radical change.

Huws was known to be injury prone. It’s why he came here. He was nothing more than a championship player anyway. Murphy was a very successful loanee but it was hardly a step down to come here. Varney was at the end of his career, was injury riddled and we gave him a pay day. Same with Bullard. McGoldrick came from a club at the same level as us. No step down there

Walton is on the books of a club two leagues higher. A championship club were after him yet he came here. Most of the decent loanees like Carter-Vickers went to clubs at a higher level, not to an established mid table League One club. I don’t believe it’s a signing Evans could or would have made.

Just a view.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024