Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems 16:47 - Jan 20 with 1967 viewswkj

Tom Caroll is only here for one season, and I don't see much to suggest we will extend this.

El Miz probably should be going out on loan to get some regular minutes in a senior team.

So getting the lad in on a loan with a view to buy gives us an opportunity to see what he's all about, and if he's worth it, we have a Caroll replacement.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 17:10 - Jan 20 with 1826 viewsmarkchips

I agree with this, El Miz may well come good and is now on a long term contract.

Carroll is a bit of a mystery , you would have thought he would do well at this level but he seems very pedestrian and perhaps the midfielders don't play as nicely in division three.
Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 17:34 - Jan 20 with 1754 viewschrismakin

Personally think it's a sign that Development of players isn't of interest to the new regime.

Think it was BB who said development stopped when Lambert came in under Evans 'd hoped KM would be the type to take on the harpers. Idris. Etc and develop those. And bring us back to the mick days of developing players, But not going to happen if you just go sign players at the first opportunity.

I get it if there was a need. A genuine need. But a cm? Probably the least required position in the squad.
[Post edited 20 Jan 2022 17:36]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 17:41 - Jan 20 with 1699 viewstractorboy1978

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 17:34 - Jan 20 by chrismakin

Personally think it's a sign that Development of players isn't of interest to the new regime.

Think it was BB who said development stopped when Lambert came in under Evans 'd hoped KM would be the type to take on the harpers. Idris. Etc and develop those. And bring us back to the mick days of developing players, But not going to happen if you just go sign players at the first opportunity.

I get it if there was a need. A genuine need. But a cm? Probably the least required position in the squad.

Development of players is clearly of interest - that's the whole model we are operating, develop and sell at a profit.
Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 17:42 - Jan 20 with 1671 viewschrismakin

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 17:41 - Jan 20 by tractorboy1978

Development of players is clearly of interest - that's the whole model we are operating, develop and sell at a profit.

We'll see I guess. Be interesting to see what happens to Harper etc now.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 17:45 - Jan 20 with 1658 viewsghostofescobar

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 17:34 - Jan 20 by chrismakin

Bit of a leap to make on the "regimes" first signing under the new manager?? The new owners have said before that development of youth will be important: it's one of the few ways to generate cash, so they'd be fools not too (even the very top teams develop their own, just look at Chelsea). I would concede that at this moment in time, they do need players to hit the ground running. They (and we) want out of L1 now, so we can't hang around for 2 or 3 years for a player to come good. Also, Harper and El Miz are both 21, Bakinson is 23, so it's hardly like we've got some old stager in who is blocking the route for the youth. Maybe, just maybe, those that actually do football for a living (apologies if you do football for a living, I don't know) at the club see more short term potential in one lad in his early 20's than a couple of other lads in their early 20's.

GhostOfEscobar

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 17:48 - Jan 20 with 1636 viewstractorboy1978

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 17:42 - Jan 20 by chrismakin

We'll see I guess. Be interesting to see what happens to Harper etc now.

Not every signing is going to work. If he trains well, works hard and does as McKenna wants then he will be in the squad regularly. He's not done a lot when he has had the opportunity so far.
Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 18:07 - Jan 20 with 1580 views_sanctimoanious_

May also see Evans phased out.
Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 19:35 - Jan 20 with 1425 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 17:10 - Jan 20 by markchips

I agree with this, El Miz may well come good and is now on a long term contract.

Carroll is a bit of a mystery , you would have thought he would do well at this level but he seems very pedestrian and perhaps the midfielders don't play as nicely in division three.

A Spurs supporting mate happened to watch the Barrow replay with me, “You’ve got Tom Carroll?”, he said.

Later as Barrow bypassed our non existent midfield, and I might have shouted an expletive at Carroll, my mate soothed my anger with, “oh, he won’t tackle”

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 22:34 - Jan 20 with 1210 viewsArnieM

Iff do suggest you’ve got that back to front … Town said they would bring ANY young players with potential with a view to developing them further . Doesn’t mean we only bring players on through our own academy . In many ways we probably get a young player some way down the development production line cheaper than if we’d dr roped from say the age of 10 only to have them nicked off us by a high level club … Downes / Dozzell spring to mind .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 01:22 - Jan 21 with 1039 viewsFevsBCFC

We paid £350k(ish) when we signed him from Luton. I’d expect we’d be looking at something like £250k plus for him. We exercised our one year option a month or so Back so that we retained some value in the summer.

Of course, MA will know exactly the price points on this one, so I suspect the option to buy will be sensibly agreed on both sides. It’s not like City can say we are looking to recoup the £1m we paid, when MA knows the exact amount. I’m guessing that’s why things happened pretty quickly..

In the few games under McKenna your passing numbers have gone up significantly, and that should suit “T” as he likes to be known. Morsy can do his dirty work.
[Redacted] on 05:52 - Jan 21 with 923 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 07:44 - Jan 21 with 783 viewsPioneerBlue

Our most prominent midfielders are late 20s/early 30s. How does offering El Miz a long deal and looking closely at a 23 year old not speak to developing to building value down the road. This is our exact model, Dyer and JMcG readying player for senior football. Allowing players to be sold to realise some value for reinvest, with that will come fails but development is long haul meanwhile we want Championship football asap.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Why Bakinson's transfer might make more sense than it seems on 10:50 - Jan 21 with 616 viewsSwansea_Blue

They've just identified a player to develop and signed him on loan with a view to a permanent if it works out for all parties.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024