Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today is Holocaust Memorial Day 07:29 - Jan 27 with 2217 viewsGlasgowBlue

Never forget and never again.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 18:52 - Jan 27 with 471 viewsPhilTWTD

Thought this thread from Hugo Rifkind was quite affecting.

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 18:54 - Jan 27 with 463 viewsbrogansnose

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 12:26 - Jan 27 by Lord_Lucan

What Kibbutz were you in?

I went to Hazorea and Gan Shmuel (sp) in the 80's

Nir Yitzhak and a moshav on the road to Yotvata. Was there in 1984.
Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 19:02 - Jan 27 with 440 viewsRyorry

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 18:54 - Jan 27 by brogansnose

Nir Yitzhak and a moshav on the road to Yotvata. Was there in 1984.

Ha Ogen in the 1970s - planting & weeding their famous melons!

Wanted to see more of others, so also spent a few weeks on one in the Golan Heights and one in the Negev desert, where I had a similar experience to FBI - went for a stroll out of the kibbutz, only half a mile or so, didn't realise how close to the border that was (no fence etc. visible). Got roundly yelled at & told not to be such an eejit by Israeli forces from a few hundred yards away!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 19:09 - Jan 27 with 433 viewssolomon

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 17:42 - Jan 27 by GlasgowBlue

I'm sitting here lost for words after reading that.

Me too, today is a day of quiet reflection for so many all over the world. Our feelings of sorrow give way to hope and a belief this will never be repeated again.
Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 19:16 - Jan 27 with 427 viewschicoazul

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 12:51 - Jan 27 by Lord_Lucan

I only spent a week in each as believe it or not I used to be in the aquatic trade as a younger man and import goldfish and koi carp from them. They had massive production facilities and they just started in the game. Fast forward to now and they have completely blitzed Japan and USA as the major aquatic production for coldwater ornamentals in the world and they are now making inroads on Singapores dominance for Tropicals.

What I found impressive that everything they used right down to the bags, boxes and bands were produced in the Kibbutz or another Kibbutz. They even bred and reared crocodiles - probably for handbags.

I think most of the Kibbutz production was oranges though and they had designed and made photodegradable plastic bags which from memory they tied round parts of the tree to help growth - I think it was a revolutionary design - or so they told me.

All very interesting, very brainy people. They used to visit UK a couple of times a year and one of the older guys spent all his time eating bacon sandwiches.

Imagine you become very resourceful and self sufficient when you’re surrounded by enemies and the sea.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 19:23 - Jan 27 with 406 viewsGlasgowBlue

https://www.hmd.org.uk/ceremony

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 19:53 - Jan 27 with 363 viewsLord_Lucan

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 19:16 - Jan 27 by chicoazul

Imagine you become very resourceful and self sufficient when you’re surrounded by enemies and the sea.

I think there is a point to that for sure but also because as a race, community, religion (covered all basis there I think) they have a historical attitude of only buying from themselves whenever possible.

The Kibbutz thing is also a way of life, in many aspects it's perfect communism. All profits go into their system and no one has a wage as such (maybe a bit of pin money, I don't know). If you smoke they give you fags, if you want to drive somewhere you take a car for the day. Everything is provided and even the big bosses take their turn washing up along with the riff raff.

The more you move up the ladder the better accommodation you get.

It would drive me nuts but they like it and that's all that matters.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Today is Holocaust Memorial Day on 19:57 - Jan 27 with 353 viewsFBI

This is a fantastic idea: remember an individual.

https://iremember.yadvashem.org/?p=4371&&utm_source=social&utm_mediu

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024