Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nolan gone according to football insider 14:04 - Jan 30 with 1652 viewsSPEX_Blue

mutual termination
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 14:05]
Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:14 - Jan 30 with 1526 viewsIllinoisblue

“Hello, it’s Colchester United here…”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:17 - Jan 30 with 1494 viewscbower

There was a player in there but he always seemed to play well within himself and too much sideways and backwards. Town freeing up wages or will his pay off count?

bluescouser

Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:32 - Jan 30 with 1329 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:17 - Jan 30 by cbower

There was a player in there but he always seemed to play well within himself and too much sideways and backwards. Town freeing up wages or will his pay off count?

His pay off will count, but as its a mutual termination (if true) its likely to be much much lower than we would have paid him.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:34 - Jan 30 with 1299 viewschicoazul

Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:32 - Jan 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

His pay off will count, but as its a mutual termination (if true) its likely to be much much lower than we would have paid him.

Well if that’s the case Nolan is mad to agree to it. Far better for him to get fit and be paid than to agree to a low ball offer with no training facility.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:36 - Jan 30 with 1262 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:34 - Jan 30 by chicoazul

Well if that’s the case Nolan is mad to agree to it. Far better for him to get fit and be paid than to agree to a low ball offer with no training facility.

We still have a responsibility for him to get fit. Our facilities will be available to him.
Again, if true.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:36 - Jan 30 with 1259 viewsfranz_tyson

I think the squad of 22 senior players was filled up anyway. We couldn’t have included him without getting rid of someone else.
Might as well do a deal with him and let him get on with his career. If he’s fit enough.
Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:42 - Jan 30 with 1151 viewsHARRY10

Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:17 - Jan 30 by cbower

Us freeing up some wages

If we pay up his contract (no benefit to us), however it does mean what he earns elsewhere is deducted from that part of the contract

This allows him to find another club - possible three year contract etc
Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:50 - Jan 30 with 1039 viewsWeWereZombies

Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:34 - Jan 30 by chicoazul

Maybe he has not been playing for all these months because an injury or condition has effectively ended his career. In which case the Club will know what it is and what they can offer him and he probably has little choice but to agree to it.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Login to get fewer ads

Nolan gone according to football insider on 16:04 - Jan 30 with 747 viewsBLUEBEAT

Wondering what the Col Who fans think about the massive ITFC contingent there…? 🤔

Poll: W or W

Nolan gone according to football insider on 17:34 - Jan 30 with 665 viewsSharkey

Nolan gone according to football insider on 16:04 - Jan 30 by BLUEBEAT

Wondering what the Col Who fans think about the massive ITFC contingent there…? 🤔

My take on it would be that on the whole, quite accepting. Older fans have always been used to Ipswich players turning up to see out their careers, some of whom have become favourites. Most fans I think tend to see more problems with the management and the policy of appointing from within, and if there's anyone ex-Ipswich who gets a lot of stick from fans it's Tony Humes. If fans have an issue with recruitment at the moment, it's more a worry that the club have now gone too far in shifting up the average age than that they're over-reliant on Ipswich players. Dallison (from Crawley, and who looks good) and in particular Akinde (who's got a 30-month contract!) are certainly bigger talking-points than the short-term 'gamble' on Huws and the loan of Kenlock.

Eastman, Gerken, Sears and Noublé hardly count as Ipswich players in U's fans minds. As for the rest, the verdict would mostly be positive. Chambers has been very good recently, and is regularly voted motm on Twitter by the official supporters club. Skuse too is generally rated highly. Judge was injured for quite a while, but his return has at last seen the team start to score occasionally. Huws and Kenlock are clearly better players than what was in the squad previously, and nobody minds that they've walked straight into the team. Few fans can understand why Smith gets a game ahead of Eastman. Dobra is in danger of being forgotten entirely, -it's almost as if he left at the same time as (his mate?) Sylvester Jasper at the beginning of the year. But even there, I think most fans wish him well, as he plays with commitment, whereas some of the other signings from other clubs (Hannant, Coxe) seem to spend half the game hoping the ref will give them an undeserved free-kick.
Most of the talk seems to be about the management,- the chairman and the director of football, and fans are longing for a manager of some proven calibre to b appointed .
As I say, Sears will always be very welcome at Colchester, which helps, but in my opinion it is Chambers, who might be seen as the Ipswich-est of the lot, who has done most to make sure that any obvious anti-Ipswich sentiment is restricted to a mild cheer when a negative Town score comes over the tannoy.
Nolan gone according to football insider on 20:00 - Jan 30 with 538 viewsRadlett_blue

Nolan gone according to football insider on 14:42 - Jan 30 by HARRY10

Us freeing up some wages

If we pay up his contract (no benefit to us), however it does mean what he earns elsewhere is deducted from that part of the contract

This allows him to find another club - possible three year contract etc

As I don't see clubs forming a queue to give Nolan a new contract, I reckon he'll have been paid most of what he's entitled to by Town. He'll need to get fit & then go somewhere else on trial to earn a deal, which he can do as a free agent. Probably best for both parties.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024