Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big day of results for ITFC Women 16:21 - Mar 13 with 2074 viewsIpsRich

Town beat Cardiff City Ladies comfortably 3-0, whilst Southampton conceded an 88th minute equaliser to Bridgwater (who ITFC defeated last week) to draw. Meanwhile, Oxford were beaten by MK Dons.

In theory it means even if Southampton win all of their five games in hand on us, an ITFC win when we play them at the Goldstar would have Town one point better off. Clearly lots of football still to be played, but a real swing of momentum in favour of the Tractor Girls today!

Blog: [Blog] My ITFC Season 2012/13 Rules of Engagement

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 16:33 - Mar 13 with 2002 viewsParisBlue

We still have to play both oxford and Southampton.

But also southampton and Oxford meet on the last day of the season.

So still some potential twists.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 16:36 - Mar 13 with 1981 viewsIpsRich

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 16:33 - Mar 13 by ParisBlue

We still have to play both oxford and Southampton.

But also southampton and Oxford meet on the last day of the season.

So still some potential twists.

I don't think the Southampton v Oxford game has been rescheduled yet, but they do indeed need to play each other again.

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 16:39 - Mar 13 with 1955 viewsxrayspecs

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 16:36 - Mar 13 by IpsRich

I don't think the Southampton v Oxford game has been rescheduled yet, but they do indeed need to play each other again.

27 April according to BBC website.

It is in our hands. Win our last six games, five at home, and no one can catch us.
Big day of results for ITFC Women on 16:45 - Mar 13 with 1930 viewsParisBlue

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 16:39 - Mar 13 by xrayspecs

27 April according to BBC website.

It is in our hands. Win our last six games, five at home, and no one can catch us.

Also from next Sunday Southampton play sun-weds-sun-weds-sun. All away from home, the last of which is against us (and our next league game)
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 17:12]

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 16:49 - Mar 13 with 1905 viewsIpsRich

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 16:45 - Mar 13 by ParisBlue

Also from next Sunday Southampton play sun-weds-sun-weds-sun. All away from home, the last of which is against us (and our next league game)

Soton face Gillingham away in a fortnight, who are among the form teams in the division at the mo. ITFC were held to a 0-0 draw by them at the Goldstar in late Jan. I hope they can do us a favour.

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:03 - Mar 13 with 1845 viewsSawtrich

Yes, great day for the women. Can anyone confirm that the only way they can get promotion is to win the league and then win the play off against the northern winners? Looking at the table it's crazy that Ipswich, Southampton and Oxford could all fail to be promoted! Is there a way to apply for promotion? I know this happens in women's football but maybe not at this level??
Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:07 - Mar 13 with 1823 viewsIpsRich

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:03 - Mar 13 by Sawtrich

Yes, great day for the women. Can anyone confirm that the only way they can get promotion is to win the league and then win the play off against the northern winners? Looking at the table it's crazy that Ipswich, Southampton and Oxford could all fail to be promoted! Is there a way to apply for promotion? I know this happens in women's football but maybe not at this level??

That is correct, sadly. A real farce that there's a bottleneck created by the league which ultimately stifles the progress of ambitious lower league clubs. Might get addressed for the 23/24 season, but no plans to change it for this season or next.

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:07 - Mar 13 with 1822 viewsITFC_History

Current league table - https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/womens-national-league-south

League fixtures remaining - https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/ipswich-town-women/fixtures-results

Not sure I agree with their predicted table though - https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/womens-national-league-south/league-table/pre
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 17:18]
Login to get fewer ads

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:15 - Mar 13 with 1767 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:07 - Mar 13 by IpsRich

That is correct, sadly. A real farce that there's a bottleneck created by the league which ultimately stifles the progress of ambitious lower league clubs. Might get addressed for the 23/24 season, but no plans to change it for this season or next.

confident now that the games in hand will catch up on Southampton and with 5/6 of our remaining games at home, itfc must be favourites now.

Mustn’t count chickens but it seems to me the northern division is weaker (looking at results) so we’d then be well favoured to win the playoff.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2022 17:16]

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:21 - Mar 13 with 1726 viewsSawtrich

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:15 - Mar 13 by BlueyandCrazy

confident now that the games in hand will catch up on Southampton and with 5/6 of our remaining games at home, itfc must be favourites now.

Mustn’t count chickens but it seems to me the northern division is weaker (looking at results) so we’d then be well favoured to win the playoff.

Anyone know what the format for the play off would be? Two legs home and away or a one off game?
That Southampton game in three weks is going to be massive isn't it?!
Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:28 - Mar 13 with 1685 viewsIpsRich

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:21 - Mar 13 by Sawtrich

Anyone know what the format for the play off would be? Two legs home and away or a one off game?
That Southampton game in three weks is going to be massive isn't it?!

I might be wrong, but the last time there was a playoff like this it was a one-off game at a neutral venue.

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:39 - Mar 13 with 1633 viewsITFC_History

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:28 - Mar 13 by IpsRich

I might be wrong, but the last time there was a playoff like this it was a one-off game at a neutral venue.

What I have read you are correct.

From the FA Women's National League site - 'At the end of the season the winners of the Northern and Southern Premier divisions will qualify for a play-off match to decide the overall National League champion. The winner will be promoted to the FA Women's Championship'.
Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:49 - Mar 13 with 1603 viewsFreddies_Ears

I've been following it all afternoon - it is back in our hands. Still a big, big ask, but I sense that we just might do it.
The play-off final would be a huge game - I wonder how many we would take?!!!!!
Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:50 - Mar 13 with 1606 viewsTangledupin_Blue

A mention for (plucky little?) Hounslow...

They lost 1-7 but that goal is the first they've scored in their 17 league games this season.
Their record... Played 17, lost 17, scored 1, conceded 79

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 18:00 - Mar 13 with 1561 viewsIpsRich

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:50 - Mar 13 by Tangledupin_Blue

A mention for (plucky little?) Hounslow...

They lost 1-7 but that goal is the first they've scored in their 17 league games this season.
Their record... Played 17, lost 17, scored 1, conceded 79

Don't want to diminish that 'achievement', but they really shouldn't be at this level should they? 0pts with -79 GD is a bit of a joke.

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 18:13 - Mar 13 with 1530 viewsjayessess

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 17:15 - Mar 13 by BlueyandCrazy

Seems to be, none of the northern teams made much of a mark in the FA Cup, whilst quite a few southern ones did. Bridgwater dumped out one of the faves for promotion to the top division I think?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 18:18 - Mar 13 with 1502 viewsFreddies_Ears

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 18:13 - Mar 13 by jayessess

Seems to be, none of the northern teams made much of a mark in the FA Cup, whilst quite a few southern ones did. Bridgwater dumped out one of the faves for promotion to the top division I think?

Bridgwater are a decent side - we got past them narrowly, 1-0 home and away in the league, and they went out of the FA Cup to Man U, just 2-0, despite having several of their first team cup-tied. They also drew with Southampton today.

This league is so much tougher than the league below - even the midtable sides like Gillingham (er, we drew...) and MK have given us a decent game, and Southampton / Oxford / Bridgwater are very, very close to us. There just isn't quite the strength in depth in the womens game yet, but it is surely coming.
Big day of results for ITFC Women on 18:21 - Mar 13 with 1488 viewsDurovigutum

Because I live on the border I officiate Division one south east and Midlands - south east is far stronger, and I get the impression that South to North in National League premier is the same. Thing is, we all know that any sort of play off is the best team on the day and not the best team.
Big day of results for ITFC Women on 18:25 - Mar 13 with 1470 viewsITFC_History

Wolves won again today in the National League North. Looks very likely they will be the team we will meet in the play offs if we are successful winning National South
Big day of results for ITFC Women on 18:35 - Mar 13 with 1431 viewsEastTownBlue

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 18:00 - Mar 13 by IpsRich

Don't want to diminish that 'achievement', but they really shouldn't be at this level should they? 0pts with -79 GD is a bit of a joke.

It would have been even more annoying if they hadn't promoted Ipswich last season.
Big day of results for ITFC Women on 18:51 - Mar 13 with 1387 viewsNthQldITFC

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 16:45 - Mar 13 by ParisBlue

That's great in that Southampton will probably be quite knackered by the time they play us, but with a three week gap I wonder if we might need to arrange a nice easy friendly in there just to keep the Tractor Girls' fitness up?

An easy game against a local team would be handy, maybe Norwich? I don't mean Norwich Ladies.

Just realised there's the FA Cup quarter final next week anyway, so just one week off.

This club is going places. COYB!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 20:06 - Mar 13 with 1258 viewsIpsRich

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 18:51 - Mar 13 by NthQldITFC

That's great in that Southampton will probably be quite knackered by the time they play us, but with a three week gap I wonder if we might need to arrange a nice easy friendly in there just to keep the Tractor Girls' fitness up?

An easy game against a local team would be handy, maybe Norwich? I don't mean Norwich Ladies.

Just realised there's the FA Cup quarter final next week anyway, so just one week off.

This club is going places. COYB!

I don't see any break for ITFC?

20th Mar - West Ham
27th Mar - Plymouth
3rd April - Soton

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 20:10 - Mar 13 with 1248 viewsNthQldITFC

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 20:06 - Mar 13 by IpsRich

I don't see any break for ITFC?

20th Mar - West Ham
27th Mar - Plymouth
3rd April - Soton

Sorry Rich, I read it as Soton was our next game.

My 'joke' stands!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 20:11 - Mar 13 with 1237 viewsIpsRich

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 20:10 - Mar 13 by NthQldITFC

Sorry Rich, I read it as Soton was our next game.

My 'joke' stands!

Agree!

Big day of results for ITFC Women on 22:14 - Mar 13 with 1132 viewsGuthrum

I was hoping to get to that, but couldn't make it in the end. Excellent result and puts pressure on Southampton who now have to win a lot of games in a relatively short space of time.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024