Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? 20:16 - Mar 24 with 1656 viewsmutters

Just drove passed mine. On Tuesday it was 164.9 for unleaded, now it's 165.9

How exactly does this cut actually help people if the garages are not forced to implement it?
[Post edited 24 Mar 2022 20:17]

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:20 - Mar 24 with 1610 viewsfactual_blue

Isn't their usual explanation that the duty is reduced on their next delivery after the duty changes?

I'm not saying they're correct or that I believe them.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:22 - Mar 24 with 1604 viewsmutters

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:20 - Mar 24 by factual_blue

Isn't their usual explanation that the duty is reduced on their next delivery after the duty changes?

Funny how that only works when the price is coming down, when it's going up on the other hand.....

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:25 - Mar 24 with 1574 viewsfactual_blue

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:22 - Mar 24 by mutters

Funny how that only works when the price is coming down, when it's going up on the other hand.....

Next you'll be trying to convince me the oil companies are all cheating conniving capitalists.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:34 - Mar 24 with 1546 viewsjeera

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:25 - Mar 24 by factual_blue

Next you'll be trying to convince me the oil companies are all cheating conniving capitalists.

I've got some news for you chap.

You might want to take a seat...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:43 - Mar 24 with 1527 viewsSouthBucksBlue

I pulled onto a forecourt last week at 11:45pm, got out of my car and noticed a bloke (the garage night manager) was increasing the displayed price with a phone app.
We started talking and I asked him how the price could be increased for an existing delivery.
He told me that he gets an email every night telling him what to adjust the price to.
So it seems the price is based on what the retailer can get away with.
I’ve noticed a slight reduction in price today after the duty cut but nothing in the last couple of weeks to reflect the substantial fall in wholesale price to $100 (and subsequent rise again but still a good way off the peak).
Offgen regulate gas/electricity prices. Why is there no regulation of fuel prices. Also why has the petrol diesel gap suddenly expanded to 13p per litre?
Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:50 - Mar 24 with 1487 viewsITFC_Forever

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:20 - Mar 24 by factual_blue

Rishi said it was supposed to be implemented from 6pm last night.

A whole 5p off, when the prices have gone up by over 30p in the last few weeks.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 10:55]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 21:12 - Mar 24 with 1400 viewsjeera

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:50 - Mar 24 by ITFC_Forever

It's meaningless and insulting.

And yet another example of how out of touch they are.

They throw the odd dried up mouldy old bone and expect the public to be thankful.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 22:45 - Mar 24 with 1264 viewsSwansea_Blue

5p is pissing in the wind. It’s been going up by more than that in a week. £1.99.9(!) in our local garage. Saw £2.10 the other day when I was out.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 23:05 - Mar 24 with 1220 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:50 - Mar 24 by ITFC_Forever

Careful chaps, you're beginning to sound ungrateful.....

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 06:10 - Mar 25 with 1041 viewsfab_lover

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:43 - Mar 24 by SouthBucksBlue

I pulled onto a forecourt last week at 11:45pm, got out of my car and noticed a bloke (the garage night manager) was increasing the displayed price with a phone app.
We started talking and I asked him how the price could be increased for an existing delivery.
He told me that he gets an email every night telling him what to adjust the price to.
So it seems the price is based on what the retailer can get away with.
I’ve noticed a slight reduction in price today after the duty cut but nothing in the last couple of weeks to reflect the substantial fall in wholesale price to $100 (and subsequent rise again but still a good way off the peak).
Offgen regulate gas/electricity prices. Why is there no regulation of fuel prices. Also why has the petrol diesel gap suddenly expanded to 13p per litre?

"Also why has the petrol diesel gap suddenly expanded to 13p per litre?"

I believe this is because diesel is sourced more from abroad than petrol:

" The UK imports around half its diesel needs, with between 15 and 20% coming from Russia."

There's also generally higher global demand for diesel than petrol, given it's used for more things than just transportation.
Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 07:50 - Mar 25 with 949 viewsBLUEBEAT

This.

And we’re supposed to be grateful 🙄

Poll: W or W

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 10:54 - Mar 25 with 824 viewsBlueBadger

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 23:05 - Mar 24 by You_Bloo_Right

Careful chaps, you're beginning to sound ungrateful.....

Looks like the good people at Newsthump were reading Blueas' thread yesterday. by BlueBadger 24 Mar 2022 12:05
https://newsthump.com/2022/03/23/obsequious-lickspittle-fawns-over-government-for-giving-him-back-5p-on-petrol-that-has-gone-up-40p-in-a-year/

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 11:18 - Mar 25 with 768 viewssolemio

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:25 - Mar 24 by factual_blue

Oh, perish the pense.
Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 11:20 - Mar 25 with 764 viewsLord_Lucan

Has your local garage passed on the 5p fuel duty cut? on 20:22 - Mar 24 by mutters

They will put prices up immediately in the event of a price rise even though the fuel in their underground tanks would have been purchased at a cheaper price.

It's pure profiteering - same as freight costs - and neither will go down anytime soon, actually, it's probably the new normal.

Things are going to get very sticky indeed!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024