Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? 13:51 - Apr 10 with 1338 viewsunstableblue

Pleased to see literally all the responses to Burgess’ tweet being positive and so many pointing out if we’d scored the second goal when dominant it would have given us the necessary insurance. I applaud his energy and tenacity tackling and pressing that far up the pitch, and he should have had a foul. What he can never do again is lunge in like that. He will learn.

Now we get to see super Baggot, who was brilliant in a PR cup game. What side of central defence does he normally play?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 13:53 - Apr 10 with 1329 viewsPhilTWTD

Left-sided, although played the central role for the U23s last week.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 14:13 - Apr 10 with 1252 viewsunstableblue

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 13:53 - Apr 10 by PhilTWTD

Left-sided, although played the central role for the U23s last week.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Perfect then

Didn’t he play alongside Wolfenden in a cup game at PR and outshone him? Or am I making that up.

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 14:14 - Apr 10 with 1249 viewsTrumptonBlue

I hope we see Baggott but I wouldn’t be massively surprised to see Thompson at LCB and Penney (or KVY if anyone knows where he is) at LB.
Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 14:19 - Apr 10 with 1230 viewsPhilTWTD

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 14:13 - Apr 10 by unstableblue

Perfect then

Didn’t he play alongside Wolfenden in a cup game at PR and outshone him? Or am I making that up.

Played in an EFL Trophy game a couple of years ago and did well. Woolfenden was also playing but I can't remember anything about his performance.
Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 14:58 - Apr 10 with 1127 viewsunstableblue

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 14:19 - Apr 10 by PhilTWTD

Played in an EFL Trophy game a couple of years ago and did well. Woolfenden was also playing but I can't remember anything about his performance.

Memory does work!!

I always rated Wolfenden (remember the Palace away game with the yoofs against much higher calibre players) and was looking forward to seeing him that cup night..

But Baggot looked the far more polished and high calibre player that night.. so good with the ball.

Quite some competition for centre back now at the club… especially when Ndaba returns and Edmundson is fit…. Although I think Ndaba is left sided to

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 15:02 - Apr 10 with 1107 viewspointofblue

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 14:58 - Apr 10 by unstableblue

Memory does work!!

I always rated Wolfenden (remember the Palace away game with the yoofs against much higher calibre players) and was looking forward to seeing him that cup night..

But Baggot looked the far more polished and high calibre player that night.. so good with the ball.

Quite some competition for centre back now at the club… especially when Ndaba returns and Edmundson is fit…. Although I think Ndaba is left sided to

Would be interesting see how Woolfenden copes with being the senior centre back. He understandably wasn't ready to shepherd McGuinness in a two (and I didn't expect him to be) which really really affected him last season; he's had a reassuring presence since Cook's departure with Edmundson and Burgess alongside him so hopefully the extra experience will hold him in good sted.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 20:57 - Apr 10 with 866 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 14:58 - Apr 10 by unstableblue

Memory does work!!

Rotherham will be a baptism of fire though. In fairness he may have filled out a bit over the last year or so, but he looked very gangly and at that time I thought that he didn’t look physically ready for a league game.

Reckon we’ll find out a bit more next week, but we will need to cut him some slack.

Poll: Our final position

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 22:11 - Apr 10 with 746 viewsitfc1108

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 14:14 - Apr 10 by TrumptonBlue

I hope we see Baggott but I wouldn’t be massively surprised to see Thompson at LCB and Penney (or KVY if anyone knows where he is) at LB.

I think I would see where Dyer was coming from if Thompson plays instead of Baggott this weekend.
Login to get fewer ads

Positive response to Burgess apology; is Baggot right or left sided? on 07:32 - Apr 11 with 571 viewsChrisd

I hope we see Baggott given a run in these last few games. I know some will still cling on to, ‘we’ve still got a mathematical chance of the play offs,’ mantra but logically we haven’t. No better time to put him in and see how he copes. I’d also like to see Humphreys given a few games with Morsy in that CM area. Now is the right time to start giving a few of these youngsters their opportunity and see how they react.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024