Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. 17:42 - Apr 25 with 419756 viewsEireannach_gorm

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/25/evidence-ukraine-women-raped-befor

https://www.wsj.com/articles/russia-turned-a-bucha-building-into-an-execution-si
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:13 - Nov 19 with 6378 viewsChurchman

There is an interesting article on BBC about the secret stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63647366

The work done by MI5 and those that engage in this sort of work is truly amazing.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:00 - Nov 20 with 6270 viewsTeHuia

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:04 - Nov 19 by Churchman

As a postscript to this, there is more on BBC on Russian torture chambers and killings in the occupied areas. I’m sure one or two posters will be ‘even handed’ about it and enthusiastically buy the Russian line that they don’t do such things or target civilians.

However the evidence looks pretty overwhelming to me. From independent assessments, satellite images of graves, statements of survivors and evidence from those exhumed. Russia is engaged in terror. It is forcing its will upon Ukraine any way it can. I originally thought these actions were the product of badly trained, ill disciplined soldiers. There are plenty of people in this world that enjoy rape, torture and killing, but this appears systemic and encouraged by Putin’s people.

I get that people are terrified of Putin going nuclear (aren’t we all), but they have to be pushed out of Ukraine. All of it and held to account.

The apologists suck up Putin’s nonsense about Nato aggression. It isn’t and never has been. However I think it’s time to move from Ukraine life support (Biden’s policy) to helping a sovereign state more forcibly by telling Putin to return his air and naval assets in that area to Russian territory. A no fly zone and his navy in its own territorial waters.

I sense maybe you have an anger problem.

I am here and open to talk with you about it if there is something you need to get out.

I've had to deal with abuse from experts, so let it all go.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:13 - Nov 20 with 6270 viewsPassionNotAnger

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:00 - Nov 20 by TeHuia

I sense maybe you have an anger problem.

I am here and open to talk with you about it if there is something you need to get out.

I've had to deal with abuse from experts, so let it all go.

And the mask starts to slip, troll or tinfoil hat wearer?
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:51 - Nov 20 with 6258 viewsWeWereZombies

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:13 - Nov 20 by PassionNotAnger

I quite like it that TeHula's limp accusation of Churchman's 'anger problem' is traduced by a poster called PassionNot Anger...

I'm not a great fan of John Lydon but
'I could be wrong, I could be right
I could be black, I could be white
I could be right, I could be wrong
I could be white, I could be black...

Anger is an energy'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:53 - Nov 20 with 6243 viewsTeHuia

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:13 - Nov 20 by PassionNotAnger

Not at all. I have returned from the Fishing Club having looked after the bar on my monthly community roster and chucked out the last recalcitrants, and so might possibly be forgiven for any untoward flippancy in my comment to our fellow commentator.

Sir, I withdraw and apologise. For the evening darkens.

I shall retire before any other indiscreet person such as your good self sees fit to cast unwarranted aspersions on my character.

Good evening.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:04 - Nov 21 with 6132 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:53 - Nov 20 by TeHuia

Not at all. I have returned from the Fishing Club having looked after the bar on my monthly community roster and chucked out the last recalcitrants, and so might possibly be forgiven for any untoward flippancy in my comment to our fellow commentator.

I shall retire before any other indiscreet person such as your good self sees fit to cast unwarranted aspersions on my character.

Good evening.

Very nice for you, some people are no able to enjoy the simple pleasures of life.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 06:48 - Nov 22 with 6057 viewsTeHuia

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:04 - Nov 21 by Eireannach_gorm

Very nice for you, some people are no able to enjoy the simple pleasures of life.

Or life at all.

https://archive.ph/KDZeQ
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:15 - Nov 22 with 6057 viewsKropotkin123

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 09:53 - Nov 20 by TeHuia

Good evening.

1. You have inaccurately referenced an opinion piece from the pope
2. You have incorrectly referenced an organisation that does not support your position.
3. You have used sources that don't support your position and in the process have demonstrated you don't understand them.
4. You have infered your own opinion and passed it off as a fierce critic of US media and government critic
5. You have quoted a humourist who has been dead for over a century, in an attempt to cover your unfounded opinions.
6. You have linked people to theories of war propaganda on Wikipedia because you have demonstrated you can't engage with actual evidence.
7. You have chosen to ignore all evidence that contradicts your pre-formed opinion
8. You have used phases and excuses Russia uses to justify their illegal and unprovoked war.

Any aspersions on your character are therefore entirely justified.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2022 7:19]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Login to get fewer ads

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:34 - Nov 22 with 6037 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:13 - Nov 19 by Churchman

There is an interesting article on BBC about the secret stuff.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63647366

The work done by MI5 and those that engage in this sort of work is truly amazing.

From the Guardian:

‘Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said the blackouts and Russia’s strikes on energy infrastructure are the consequences of Kyiv not willing to negotiate, the state Tass news agency reported late last week.’

Negotiate what? Surrender? Of course.

The attacks on infrastructure are totally logical and would normally be carried out at the start, not nine months in. The reason they didn’t was because they anticipated Ukraine would collapse into Putin’s arms with flowers and cheering crowds, so why make a rebuilding problem for yourself? Attacks in this way now smell of failure to me.

I see MoD are reporting an attack on a Russian Black Sea base. With the right equipment I can see the Russian navy being pushed away from there and if so, this will create threat to occupied Crimea given the bridge is damaged.

As for a particular poster’s peculiar little post towards me, I’ll try not to lose any sleep over it.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2022 10:34]
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:57 - Nov 22 with 5980 viewsTeHuia

Tēnā koe

I trust you will take this in the spirit with which I present it.

I truly recommend the whole show (this is pt.3), the NZ parts are filmed in and around the coastal village my family calls home.

Nāku, nā
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:33 - Nov 22 with 5941 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 06:48 - Nov 22 by TeHuia

Or life at all.

I note which side the article falls on by emphasis in the sentence, "The videos show the grisly before-and-after scenes of the encounter earlier this month, in which at least 11 Russians, most of whom are seen lying on the ground, appear to have been shot dead at close range after one of their fellow fighters suddenly opened fire on Ukrainian soldiers standing nearby.

The fact that a Russian soldier came out of the same building firing is not underlined.

I have chosen to show civilian hardships rather than actual Russian atrocities ( like the sledgehammer execution of the Wenger Group soldier who surrendered to the Ukrainians and was swapped back ) but if you like I can give you endless examples of what Russian soldiers are doing to both military and civilians.

The excuse that both sides are as bad as each other does not work here because if the Russians had not invaded Ukraine there would be no atrocities. You are clearly trying to justify this invasion even though you pretend that you are bring prospective ( Russian? ) to the discussion.

If you like I can get into an atrocity competition in this conflict with you but I think you would lose that fairly quickly and go off on a tangent about your pastimes.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:53 - Nov 22 with 5837 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 06:48 - Nov 22 by TeHuia

Or life at all.

Oíche mhaith.

Slán
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:10 - Nov 23 with 5701 viewsWeWereZombies

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 12:33 - Nov 22 by Eireannach_gorm

I note which side the article falls on by emphasis in the sentence, "The videos show the grisly before-and-after scenes of the encounter earlier this month, in which at least 11 Russians, most of whom are seen lying on the ground, appear to have been shot dead at close range after one of their fellow fighters suddenly opened fire on Ukrainian soldiers standing nearby.

The fact that a Russian soldier came out of the same building firing is not underlined.

I have chosen to show civilian hardships rather than actual Russian atrocities ( like the sledgehammer execution of the Wenger Group soldier who surrendered to the Ukrainians and was swapped back ) but if you like I can give you endless examples of what Russian soldiers are doing to both military and civilians.

The excuse that both sides are as bad as each other does not work here because if the Russians had not invaded Ukraine there would be no atrocities. You are clearly trying to justify this invasion even though you pretend that you are bring prospective ( Russian? ) to the discussion.

If you like I can get into an atrocity competition in this conflict with you but I think you would lose that fairly quickly and go off on a tangent about your pastimes.

I've given you an uppie IrishBlue but a couple of things to correct on your post. It's the Wagner Group, not the Wenger Group - I cannot see Arsène wielding a sledgehammer at one of his players even if they scored an own goal...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagner_Group

And perspective rather prospective would make more sense towards the end of your penultimate paragraph.

Surely there would be no wars if everyone was pedantic to the nth degree as the pre-conflict discussions would never end.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:05 - Nov 23 with 5641 viewsEireannach_gorm

Or life at all.

Dia Dhuit,

See newborns are provoking Russia now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63727260

Slán
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 13:11 - Nov 23 with 5626 viewsEireannach_gorm

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 11:10 - Nov 23 by WeWereZombies

I've given you an uppie IrishBlue but a couple of things to correct on your post. It's the Wagner Group, not the Wenger Group - I cannot see Arsène wielding a sledgehammer at one of his players even if they scored an own goal...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagner_Group

And perspective rather prospective would make more sense towards the end of your penultimate paragraph.

Surely there would be no wars if everyone was pedantic to the nth degree as the pre-conflict discussions would never end.

Thank you for tidying up my post. I did it just before retiring to bed and may have been on the way to nod prematurely.

Your mental picture of Arsene is quite funny despite the circumstances. Good to see that you agree with the premise of my argument.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:04 - Nov 23 with 5565 viewsEireannach_gorm

Or life at all.

Tráthnóna mhaith

Slan.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:09 - Nov 23 with 5510 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 23:53 - Nov 22 by Eireannach_gorm

Oíche mhaith.

Slán

But what about all the civilian Russians whose only fault is being armed and invading Ukraine on a special military operation?

I read today of Ukrainians who are returning to homes in cities under constant bombardment. They have run out of money and can no longer afford to pay rent in the "safer" cities. They have returned to the place they call home, where at least they don't have to pay rent. Now they are out of their former jobs, there is no electricity, water or gas and prices are high. It is a struggle to survive each day.

Refugees in the "safer" cities are very anxious about family members back home. It takes a visible toll on their mental wellbeing.

In the same source, a clip of a small box of food donated has a lady speaking on it saying, as well as repeated thanks, "I cannot remember when I last had so much food".

There are two sides to this conflict. The evil (and those compelled to fight on the side of evil) and the oppressed who are fighting for freedom from the oppressor.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:18 - Nov 24 with 5476 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 22:09 - Nov 23 by Nthsuffolkblue

But what about all the civilian Russians whose only fault is being armed and invading Ukraine on a special military operation?

I read today of Ukrainians who are returning to homes in cities under constant bombardment. They have run out of money and can no longer afford to pay rent in the "safer" cities. They have returned to the place they call home, where at least they don't have to pay rent. Now they are out of their former jobs, there is no electricity, water or gas and prices are high. It is a struggle to survive each day.

Refugees in the "safer" cities are very anxious about family members back home. It takes a visible toll on their mental wellbeing.

In the same source, a clip of a small box of food donated has a lady speaking on it saying, as well as repeated thanks, "I cannot remember when I last had so much food".

There are two sides to this conflict. The evil (and those compelled to fight on the side of evil) and the oppressed who are fighting for freedom from the oppressor.

It’s time to put a stop to this. Now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63729427

People are burying their heads in the sand to what Putin is doing. I fully understand why. We all want this horror to end. But this man and his friends have done such unspeakable things. Surrender now and the pain stops. Today, tomorrow, maybe the day after, but the man will be back.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:46 - Nov 24 with 5444 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:18 - Nov 24 by Churchman

People are burying their heads in the sand to what Putin is doing. I fully understand why. We all want this horror to end. But this man and his friends have done such unspeakable things. Surrender now and the pain stops. Today, tomorrow, maybe the day after, but the man will be back.

Significant cold setting in from next week and current forecasts are looking particularly severe.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/703448

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:21 - Nov 24 with 5371 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:46 - Nov 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Significant cold setting in from next week and current forecasts are looking particularly severe.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/703448

Moldova depends on Ukraine for power so is also suffering badly from this Russian devastation.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:42 - Nov 24 with 5351 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 20:21 - Nov 24 by Nthsuffolkblue

Moldova depends on Ukraine for power so is also suffering badly from this Russian devastation.

Given Moldova is a morsel on benign uncle Vlad’s shopping list, I don’t suppose he gives two hoots how cold it gets in Moldova. Not his problem. The hope is they’ll put pressure on Ukraine to surrender and the west to recoil in horror, tire and pull away. It’s a sideline with everything to gain and little to lose for Putin.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:04 - Nov 25 with 5282 viewsTeHuia

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 00:18 - Nov 24 by Churchman

It is indeed.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:46 - Nov 25 with 5272 viewsKropotkin123

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:04 - Nov 25 by TeHuia

It is indeed.

Just need your mate to fully withdraw from Ukrainian territory.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 08:02 - Nov 25 with 5268 viewsChurchman

The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 07:04 - Nov 25 by TeHuia

It is indeed.

By doing the complete opposite to what Putin wants.
The 'special military operation' continues to reach new lows. on 15:01 - Nov 25 with 5198 viewsEireannach_gorm

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024