Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 06:40 - Apr 29 with 1174 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
The grain mountain and wine lake on 08:29 - Apr 29 with 1096 viewsElephantintheRoom

France now strictly controls it’s wine production - so the lake is dry. Not so in China - already the biggest wine producer in the world.

Cereals, like livestock are a commodity so people buy cheap and attempt to sell when the price is up. Good money in it - unlike farming

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

The grain mountain and wine lake on 09:25 - Apr 29 with 1048 viewsSwansea_Blue

No, because all the tabloids wanged on about stockpiling and we went down the just in time route instead. Which is fine in a customs union where you have alignment and don't need checks.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The grain mountain and wine lake on 10:12 - Apr 29 with 1015 viewsBlueBadger

The grain mountain and wine lake on 09:25 - Apr 29 by Swansea_Blue

No, because all the tabloids wanged on about stockpiling and we went down the just in time route instead. Which is fine in a customs union where you have alignment and don't need checks.

Yes, but Jacob Rees-Mogg would have had to pay more tax under that system.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The grain mountain and wine lake on 10:34 - Apr 29 with 985 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

The grain mountain and wine lake on 08:29 - Apr 29 by ElephantintheRoom

France now strictly controls it’s wine production - so the lake is dry. Not so in China - already the biggest wine producer in the world.

Cereals, like livestock are a commodity so people buy cheap and attempt to sell when the price is up. Good money in it - unlike farming

Chinese wine is a thing?
The grain mountain and wine lake on 12:44 - Apr 29 with 938 viewsjeera

The grain mountain and wine lake on 10:34 - Apr 29 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Chinese wine is a thing?

Do you think he's being saké ?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The grain mountain and wine lake on 13:08 - Apr 29 with 919 viewsmutters

The grain mountain and wine lake on 12:44 - Apr 29 by jeera

Do you think he's being saké ?

Saké is Japanese but it was a good effort.

A bit like Lee Macks Lettuce vs Cabbage jibe here:

around 8 minutes.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

The grain mountain and wine lake on 13:11 - Apr 29 with 913 viewsjeera

The grain mountain and wine lake on 13:08 - Apr 29 by mutters

Saké is Japanese but it was a good effort.

A bit like Lee Macks Lettuce vs Cabbage jibe here:

around 8 minutes.

Yes I know sake is Japanese but Shaoxing doesn't work.

I've seen that show many times.

[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 13:13]

The grain mountain and wine lake on 13:17 - Apr 29 with 902 viewsmutters

The grain mountain and wine lake on 13:11 - Apr 29 by jeera

Yes I know sake is Japanese but Shaoxing doesn't work.

I've seen that show many times.

[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 13:13]

Yeah, fair enough i was probably being over pedantic. It was a very good response by you!

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

The grain mountain and wine lake on 13:18 - Apr 29 with 906 viewsSwansea_Blue

The grain mountain and wine lake on 10:12 - Apr 29 by BlueBadger

Yes, but Jacob Rees-Mogg would have had to pay more tax under that system.

I can’t get my head around the cognitive dissonance of JRM yesterday claiming they haven’t implemented checks because it would be damaging whilst at the same time they’re still insisting Brexit is great.

Is there anyone out there daft enough to still believe in these chancers who are using a ruinous Brexit for their own power games? Surely many leave voters are seeing through this now, but they seem remarkably quiet these days.

The grain mountain and wine lake on 13:38 - Apr 29 with 897 viewsBlueBadger

The grain mountain and wine lake on 13:18 - Apr 29 by Swansea_Blue

I can’t get my head around the cognitive dissonance of JRM yesterday claiming they haven’t implemented checks because it would be damaging whilst at the same time they’re still insisting Brexit is great.

Is there anyone out there daft enough to still believe in these chancers who are using a ruinous Brexit for their own power games? Surely many leave voters are seeing through this now, but they seem remarkably quiet these days.

Is the answer 'DaveU'?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 13:44]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The grain mountain and wine lake on 15:06 - Apr 29 with 828 viewsSwansea_Blue

The grain mountain and wine lake on 13:38 - Apr 29 by BlueBadger

Is the answer 'DaveU'?
[Post edited 29 Apr 2022 13:44]

That's actually very good!

The grain mountain and wine lake on 15:59 - Apr 29 with 794 viewsblueasfook

The grain mountain and wine lake on 09:25 - Apr 29 by Swansea_Blue

That's funny because it was actually the ridiculous EU Common Agricultural Policy that led to surplus production of certain foods, and was a financial disaster - costing EU taxpayers millions.

But stick your whiny remainer spin on it if you wish.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

The grain mountain and wine lake on 17:30 - Apr 29 with 761 viewsSwansea_Blue

The grain mountain and wine lake on 15:59 - Apr 29 by blueasfook

That's funny because it was actually the ridiculous EU Common Agricultural Policy that led to surplus production of certain foods, and was a financial disaster - costing EU taxpayers millions.

go and tell fresh food producers that whiny remainer spin is the reason they can’t get their produce to market as quickly any more and see how you get on. Lots of produce relied on quick transit time to keep it fresh (e.g. British seafood). That works fine in a CU.

The grain mountain and wine lake on 18:27 - Apr 29 with 726 viewsgazzer1999

The grain mountain and wine lake on 13:18 - Apr 29 by Swansea_Blue

As all the products that are made in the EU are of the highest standards, do we even need to check them?
Also by your logic of not agreeing that checks would be damaging is like saying Germany is ok not to stop buying gas from Russia because it is damaging to them. Shame all the Ukrainians that have to die because Germany and several other countries keep financing the war.
And no I am not a chancer.
The grain mountain and wine lake on 18:38 - Apr 29 with 715 viewsEireannach_gorm

Whats even funnier is that the EU supported the farmers in a time of crisis and protected food security.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/jan/27/british-farmers-call-for-summit

Spin that.
The grain mountain and wine lake on 18:51 - Apr 29 with 699 viewsjeera

The grain mountain and wine lake on 18:27 - Apr 29 by gazzer1999

As all the products that are made in the EU are of the highest standards, do we even need to check them?
Also by your logic of not agreeing that checks would be damaging is like saying Germany is ok not to stop buying gas from Russia because it is damaging to them. Shame all the Ukrainians that have to die because Germany and several other countries keep financing the war.
And no I am not a chancer.

Is this post supposed to make sense?

If in doubt mate, say nowt and all that.

The grain mountain and wine lake on 18:52 - Apr 29 with 700 viewsEwan_Oozami

Could be wrong but wasn't it the UK (indeed the Tories) that proposed a Single Market that would eliminate surpluses because goods could then be moved easily and cheaply between EU countries, that same Single Market that we've now left?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

The grain mountain and wine lake (n/t) on 19:27 - Apr 29 with 669 viewsgazzer1999

The grain mountain and wine lake on 18:51 - Apr 29 by jeera

Is this post supposed to make sense?

If in doubt mate, say nowt and all that.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024