Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna 21:02 - May 6 with 2444 viewsunstableblue

…. Thinks when he watches this.

Have we got the physicality to match our passing? Why don’t we have a striker like Stewart? Can I buy Bannon now?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 21:03 - May 6 with 2423 viewsJ2BLUE

Thankfully there is a transfer window for him to address these issues.

Have faith.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 21:06 - May 6 with 2387 viewsEastTownBlue

Or he might be thinking if Sunderland don't get a second while on top they may live to regret it.
Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 21:08 - May 6 with 2371 viewsjayessess

He might mainly be wondering where this Sheffield Wednesday team was when we went to Hillsborough!

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 21:21 - May 6 with 2284 viewsIllinoisblue

They’re the away team in a playoff semi and are only down a goal. They’ve weathered the storm and are now more in the game.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 21:23 - May 6 with 2248 viewsjayessess

Is Mendez-Laing injured? He was all over us.

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 05:50 - May 7 with 1816 viewsibbleobble

I think Alex Neil’s record reads W9 D6 L1 since taking over at the start of February. Very impressive.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 5:54]
Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 09:31 - May 7 with 1556 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 05:50 - May 7 by ibbleobble

I think Alex Neil’s record reads W9 D6 L1 since taking over at the start of February. Very impressive.
[Post edited 7 May 2022 5:54]

At one stage in late February we went one point behind 6th placed Sunderland on the live table having just won or drawn our game. Sunderland were still playing due to a few injuries in their game.

They scored in the 96th minute and we went from one to three points off 6th.

Follwing that late goal, they seemed to pull of some incredible last minute comebacks over the course of the next few games.

If ever there was a team with their name on the cup it is Sunderland.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 11:35 - May 7 with 1382 viewsDarth_Koont

Sunderland impressed me against us. Mostly because I thought they were crap but still stayed in the games, created chances and took the points they needed.

Almost completely the opposite of us.

But I think that’s the intangible team confidence and momentum we had to try and find with a completely new squad. A summer where McKenna can stop, think and address a few gaps and more suitable players *should* put us in a far stronger position to develop that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 11:41 - May 7 with 1356 viewsJ2BLUE

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 09:31 - May 7 by GlasgowBlue

At one stage in late February we went one point behind 6th placed Sunderland on the live table having just won or drawn our game. Sunderland were still playing due to a few injuries in their game.

They scored in the 96th minute and we went from one to three points off 6th.

Follwing that late goal, they seemed to pull of some incredible last minute comebacks over the course of the next few games.

If ever there was a team with their name on the cup it is Sunderland.

We actually matched Sunderland's post total since the day McKenna came into the club having played one less game. Lots of reasons to be optimistic.

Truly impaired.

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 12:09 - May 7 with 1316 viewsITFCBlues

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 11:41 - May 7 by J2BLUE

We actually matched Sunderland's post total since the day McKenna came into the club having played one less game. Lots of reasons to be optimistic.

Just for context, KM had 23 games, double his points tally, we still wouldn't have made the play offs...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 12:13 - May 7 with 1302 viewsJ2BLUE

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 12:09 - May 7 by ITFCBlues

Just for context, KM had 23 games, double his points tally, we still wouldn't have made the play offs...

True. In a freak season, with what was largely someone else's squad.

Plenty to be optimistic about surely?

Truly impaired.

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 12:18 - May 7 with 1283 viewsChrisd

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 11:35 - May 7 by Darth_Koont

Sunderland impressed me against us. Mostly because I thought they were crap but still stayed in the games, created chances and took the points they needed.

Almost completely the opposite of us.

But I think that’s the intangible team confidence and momentum we had to try and find with a completely new squad. A summer where McKenna can stop, think and address a few gaps and more suitable players *should* put us in a far stronger position to develop that.

We've got a little better under KM in this regard, but still not brilliant. I still don't have that much confidence if we concede first that we have the ability to get back in the game and even win it. Under PC it was a lot worse, if we went behind I always felt the game was over. As we've all said and recognised there's encouraging signs, but still plenty that needs improving on to become a genuine promotion threat.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 12:40 - May 7 with 1242 viewsjayessess

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 12:18 - May 7 by Chrisd

We've got a little better under KM in this regard, but still not brilliant. I still don't have that much confidence if we concede first that we have the ability to get back in the game and even win it. Under PC it was a lot worse, if we went behind I always felt the game was over. As we've all said and recognised there's encouraging signs, but still plenty that needs improving on to become a genuine promotion threat.

Our record after conceding first under McKenna:

Bolton (A) 0-2
Accrington (H) 2-1
Sheff Wed (A) 0-1
Morecambe (A) 1-1
Cambridge (H) 0-1
Rotherham (A) 0-1
Wigan (H) 2-2

1 win 2 draws 4 defeats.

For Cook:
Morecambe (H) 2-2
Burton (A) 1-2
Sheffield Wednesday (H) 1-1
Wycombe (A) 4-1
Sunderland (A) 0-2
Rotherham (H) 0-2

(1 win, 2 draws, 3 defeats)
[Post edited 7 May 2022 12:44]

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 13:41 - May 7 with 1143 viewsChrisd

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 12:40 - May 7 by jayessess

Bolton (A) 0-2
Accrington (H) 2-1
Sheff Wed (A) 0-1
Morecambe (A) 1-1
Cambridge (H) 0-1
Rotherham (A) 0-1
Wigan (H) 2-2

1 win 2 draws 4 defeats.

For Cook:
Morecambe (H) 2-2
Burton (A) 1-2
Wycombe (A) 4-1
Sunderland (A) 0-2
Rotherham (H) 0-2

That’s really interesting Jayessess, so KM’s record in games where we’ve been behind is in fact worse than PC’s? That blows my perception out of the water, it’s interesting though in both cases how we struggle to turn games around when we go behind.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 20:50 - May 7 with 928 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sheff Weds are being completely overrun here… wonder what McKenna on 12:40 - May 7 by jayessess

Bolton (A) 0-2
Accrington (H) 2-1
Sheff Wed (A) 0-1
Morecambe (A) 1-1
Cambridge (H) 0-1
Rotherham (A) 0-1
Wigan (H) 2-2

1 win 2 draws 4 defeats.

For Cook:
Morecambe (H) 2-2
Burton (A) 1-2
Wycombe (A) 4-1
Sunderland (A) 0-2
Rotherham (H) 0-2

So, in fact our bigger issue was when we took the lead:

Under McKenna:
Wycombe (H) 1-0
Gillingham (A) 4-0
AFC Wimbledon (A) 2-0
Gillingham (H) 1-0
Donny (A) 1-0
Burton (H) 3-0
Fleetwood (A) 2-0
Lincoln (H) 2-0
Oxford (A) 1-1
Plymouth (H) 1-0
Shrewsbury (A) 1-1
Crewe (A) 1-1
Charlton (H) 4-0

10 W, 3 D and L 0

Dropped points from scoring first goal in the league: 6 from 13 occasions.

Under Cook:
Cheltenham (A) 1-2
MK Dons (H) 2-2
AFC Wimbledon (H) 2-2
Bolton (H) 2-5
W Ham kids (Cup H) 1-2
Lincoln (A) 1-0
Donny (H) 6-0
Accrington (A) 1-2
Gillingham (Cup A) 2-0
Shrewsbury (H) 2-1
Cambridge (A) 2-2
Portsmouth (A) 4-0
Fleetwood (H) 2-1
Plymouth (A) 1-2
Oldham (Cup H) 1-1
Crewe (H) 2-1
Arsenal kids (Cup H) 2-2 lost on pens (from 2-0 up)

7 W, 5 D, 5 L (including the cups) or 6 W, 3 D, 4 L if you exclude the cups.

Dropped points from scoring first goal in the league: 18 from 13 occasions.

This also means that McKenna has never lost as Town manager when we have scored the first goal.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024