Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' 18:30 - May 12 with 1357 viewsEireannach_gorm

History repeating itself?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/may/11/ukraine-refugees-who-enter-uk-vi
'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 18:45 - May 12 with 1284 viewsChurchman

Prison ships? I can think of many that deserve to be on one, but it’ll never happen for many reasons.

They were a big feature of the Napoleonic Wars. Awful things where people died like flies. But then in prisons of the time, people died like flies. How to contain them all? The French did much the same and worse.

One particular delight was that when the French fleet under Villeneuve sailed to meet Nelson in 1805 at Trafalgar, the local authorities emptied the gaols, literally. Grabbed a few more dubious characters to boot. Down to the quayside they were marched and there was a portable guillotine. They were all executed in sight of the departing sailors and officers ‘Pour encourager les autres’.

Prison capacity solved at a stroke - literally.
'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 18:55 - May 12 with 1258 viewsLord_Lucan

It's obvious it would never happen and was actually denied by government this morning - in fact I doubt anyone will end up in Rwanda and my advice to any refugees reading TWTD at the moment is to advise the authorities that you are gay should it look like a possibility that you are going to be shipped out to Africa. This will prevent the shipping process as Africans aren't keen on gays and it will breach your human rights.

The Guardian seems to be in some kind of race to the bottom war with The Daily Express.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 19:04 - May 12 with 1224 viewseireblue

'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 18:55 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

It's obvious it would never happen and was actually denied by government this morning - in fact I doubt anyone will end up in Rwanda and my advice to any refugees reading TWTD at the moment is to advise the authorities that you are gay should it look like a possibility that you are going to be shipped out to Africa. This will prevent the shipping process as Africans aren't keen on gays and it will breach your human rights.

The Guardian seems to be in some kind of race to the bottom war with The Daily Express.

I think you may need to consider a timeline.

On the 11th someone from Government states something, after being questioned an an I’ll-defined policy, it is then reported.
On the 12th someone from Government says something different.

Why would you assume the race to the bottom is being executed by the press, and not the Government realising they may have sunk just a little bit too low?
'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 19:04 - May 12 with 1226 viewsfooters

So mainly women and children would just have to tell the authorities that they're gay?

Big brain things.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 19:05 - May 12 with 1218 viewsHARRY10

Of course a more sensible idea would be to use the money to process those already here far quicker.

Unfortunately due to Brexit there is not the staff available, as with prisons - and it dies not over excite the bigots as much.
'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 19:45 - May 12 with 1139 viewsLord_Lucan

'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 19:04 - May 12 by footers

So mainly women and children would just have to tell the authorities that they're gay?

Big brain things.

OMG

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 20:31 - May 12 with 1071 viewsBlueBadger

That's some quite impressive bothesidesing in that last sentence there.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

[Redacted] on 20:41 - May 12 with 1044 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Login to get fewer ads

[Redacted] on 20:46 - May 12 with 1015 viewsvictorywilhappen

'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 19:45 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

OMG

[Redacted]
'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 20:48 - May 12 with 1007 viewsLord_Lucan

[Redacted] on 20:46 - May 12 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Are you smoking weed and listening to Radiohead again?

[Redacted] on 20:48 - May 12 with 997 viewsvictorywilhappen

'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 20:48 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 20:51 - May 12 with 983 viewsvictorywilhappen

'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 20:48 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

[Redacted]
'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 20:55 - May 12 with 970 viewsLord_Lucan

[Redacted] on 20:48 - May 12 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Ha ha!

I won't forget when we were out and about and you were refusing alcohol as it was bad for you and instead ate your bodyweight in cake. I think we were in Jordaan.

I'm off in a cuppla weeks as is happens - I'll eat a cyber cake for you.

[Redacted] on 20:59 - May 12 with 951 viewsvictorywilhappen

'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 20:55 - May 12 by Lord_Lucan

Ha ha!

I won't forget when we were out and about and you were refusing alcohol as it was bad for you and instead ate your bodyweight in cake. I think we were in Jordaan.

I'm off in a cuppla weeks as is happens - I'll eat a cyber cake for you.

[Redacted]
'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 21:03 - May 12 with 935 viewsgtsb1966

After reading the title of this thread I've got this earworm now. Thanks a lot
'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 00:21 - May 13 with 753 viewsEireannach_gorm

'Now a prison ship lies waiting in the bay' on 21:03 - May 12 by gtsb1966

After reading the title of this thread I've got this earworm now. Thanks a lot

Its actually this....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024