Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Rigby memorial match……. 16:47 - Jun 3 with 6351 viewswitchdoctor

had a great afternoon at AFC Portchester to watch a Pompey legend side take on their (Glasgow) Rangers counterparts…sell out crowd with of union flags on show..combined with lusty renditions of the national anthem…which wouldn’t have gone well with some on here..but hey ho…loads of dosh raised for a great cause…🇬🇧
Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 16:58 - Jun 3 with 3285 viewsjeera

Sounds a wonderful thing to do and I hope his family were able to make it and that they sanctioned it before it went ahead. You'd assume so.

"Wouldn't go down well with some on here". No idea why you'd want to blemish your own tribute with such a crass remark. There's no valid reason anyone would want to put down a memorial to that poor chap who just happened to be the one on the spot on that dreadful day.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 16:58 - Jun 3 with 3277 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Why Rangers?
Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 17:01 - Jun 3 with 3262 viewsJ2BLUE

It's possible not to agree with having a royal family without it being the basis of every single thing you do.

I hope they raised a fortune and everyone had a great time.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 17:13 - Jun 3 with 3229 viewsjayessess

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 16:58 - Jun 3 by jeera

Sounds a wonderful thing to do and I hope his family were able to make it and that they sanctioned it before it went ahead. You'd assume so.

"Wouldn't go down well with some on here". No idea why you'd want to blemish your own tribute with such a crass remark. There's no valid reason anyone would want to put down a memorial to that poor chap who just happened to be the one on the spot on that dreadful day.

Not a lot of dignity in using a memorial to a murdered man as a way of taking a dig at people you disagree with, is there?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 17:19 - Jun 3 with 3211 viewswitchdoctor

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 16:58 - Jun 3 by FromReuserWithLove

Why Rangers?

Rangers FC have taken the cause to their hearts and have been playing this fixture for many years but not the last two years for obvious reasons…first time I’ve actually seen a drum and flute band in the flesh and we all followed them down to the ground from the packed out boozer…
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 17:19]
Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 17:44 - Jun 3 with 3105 viewsnoggin

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 17:19 - Jun 3 by witchdoctor

Rangers FC have taken the cause to their hearts and have been playing this fixture for many years but not the last two years for obvious reasons…first time I’ve actually seen a drum and flute band in the flesh and we all followed them down to the ground from the packed out boozer…
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 17:19]

Was it a memorial game for Lee Rigby, a celebration of HMQ, or a show of British nationalism?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 17:44 - Jun 3 with 3107 viewsSwailsey

Strange that your first thought after attending was “let’s go on twtd and have a pop”.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 17:46]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:07 - Jun 3 with 2923 viewsBig_Jase

Great it’s raising money for charity, but I would imagine there’s a fair bit of sectarianism and poppy shagging going on though. Did you go for red, white and blue outfit or a nice orange number?

Poll: Who would actually care if Norwich responded with a plane banner?

Login to get fewer ads

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:13 - Jun 3 with 2891 viewsBig_Jase

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:07 - Jun 3 by Big_Jase

Great it’s raising money for charity, but I would imagine there’s a fair bit of sectarianism and poppy shagging going on though. Did you go for red, white and blue outfit or a nice orange number?

Think this just abouts sums it up, nice UVF flag fellas…

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:30 - Jun 3 with 2819 viewsnoggin

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:13 - Jun 3 by Big_Jase

Think this just abouts sums it up, nice UVF flag fellas…

I'm pretty sure Lee Rigby would have been ashamed of that little mob.

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:33 - Jun 3 with 2797 viewsBig_Jase

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:30 - Jun 3 by noggin

I'm pretty sure Lee Rigby would have been ashamed of that little mob.

I am 100% sure he would be as well, but his name seems to have been hijacked by those sort as way of justifying islamophobia and extreme nationalism.

I commend the charity raising efforts, but if you search Lee Rigby on twitter you will see the real reason most people attended today.

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:38 - Jun 3 with 2773 viewsBlueBadger

Was this an event that was genuinely endorsed by the Rigby family or yet another exercise in tedious nationalism that hijacks the name of a murdered soldier in order to push a dodgy far-right agenda that his family have explicitly requested that people don't do on multiple occasions?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 19:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:39 - Jun 3 with 2753 viewsnoggin

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:38 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

Was this an event that was genuinely endorsed by the Rigby family or yet another exercise in tedious nationalism that hijacks the name of a murdered soldier in order to push a dodgy far-right agenda that his family have explicitly requested that people don't do on multiple occasions?

I think the above pics will give you the answer.

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:43 - Jun 3 with 2713 viewsjeera

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 17:13 - Jun 3 by jayessess

Not a lot of dignity in using a memorial to a murdered man as a way of taking a dig at people you disagree with, is there?

Yes that's my point, no underlying message from me.

I can't speak for you or anyone else.

If you're trying to be snidey you're out of order.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:46 - Jun 3 with 2696 viewsBlueBadger

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 16:58 - Jun 3 by FromReuserWithLove

Why Rangers?

Because their supporters are sectarian nationalist See You Next Tuesdays that love ostensibly 'good' causes that keep getting hijacked by the far right despite the recipients explicitly asking people not to use his death for political purposes?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:50 - Jun 3 with 2688 viewsblueprint

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:33 - Jun 3 by Big_Jase

I am 100% sure he would be as well, but his name seems to have been hijacked by those sort as way of justifying islamophobia and extreme nationalism.

I commend the charity raising efforts, but if you search Lee Rigby on twitter you will see the real reason most people attended today.

Agreed. It was absolutely appalling what happened to Lee Rigby but seen his name used plenty of times by some in justifying islamaphobic comments on social media. God knows what his family and others close to him think when people do that.
Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:56 - Jun 3 with 2634 viewswitchdoctor

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 16:58 - Jun 3 by jeera

indeed his parents set up the foundation …
Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 20:00 - Jun 3 with 2617 viewswitchdoctor

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:38 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

well given that Lee’s Mum ..sister and Stepfather were in attendance I’d say they endorsed it…
and apparently have attended every match since it’s inception in 2016….
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 20:08]
Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 20:03 - Jun 3 with 2594 viewsjayessess

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 19:43 - Jun 3 by jeera

Yes that's my point, no underlying message from me.

I can't speak for you or anyone else.

If you're trying to be snidey you're out of order.

I was agreeing with you.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 20:21 - Jun 3 with 2528 viewsBlueBadger

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 20:00 - Jun 3 by witchdoctor

well given that Lee’s Mum ..sister and Stepfather were in attendance I’d say they endorsed it…
and apparently have attended every match since it’s inception in 2016….
[Post edited 3 Jun 2022 20:08]

I was just asking, since you apparently felt the need to need a needlessly political element to it...

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 20:35 - Jun 3 with 2443 viewswitchdoctor

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 20:21 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

I was just asking, since you apparently felt the need to need a needlessly political element to it...

you asked..I told you…👍
Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 21:43 - Jun 3 with 2305 viewsXYZ

What's the "great cause" for which money was being raised?
Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 21:57 - Jun 3 with 2265 viewswitchdoctor

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 21:43 - Jun 3 by XYZ

What's the "great cause" for which money was being raised?

Welcome to The Lee Rigby Foundation Charity website, Number 1166794, registered in England and Wales, which was founded by Lyn and Ian Rigby after the loss of their son, Fusilier Lee Rigby.

Lyn’s own experience and that of her family is compelling evidence of need for this project, and it is to help other families in the same situation that they formed the Lee Rigby Foundation.

Having found that there are a great many more families in similar need of such support, Lyn has become the driving force for the project

that ok with you?
Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 07:32 - Jun 4 with 1934 viewsBluespeed225

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 20:21 - Jun 3 by BlueBadger

Adding a needless political element to 90% of topics on here is the norm!
Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 08:29 - Jun 4 with 1841 viewswitchdoctor

Lee Rigby memorial match……. on 07:32 - Jun 4 by Bluespeed225

Adding a needless political element to 90% of topics on here is the norm!

indeed..the irony coming from him..😉
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024