Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disney Florida 18:17 - Jun 7 with 1351 viewstextbackup

Looking for tips if i may good people.

looking to go next august, 3 weeks ideally, stay in a villa, rent car etc....

people have said to avoid the main airport and maybe fly into sanford as queues are smaller, however, as the majority of time will be spend queuing for rides i guess i may as well start as i mean to go on!

it seems to be one of them place that people have loads of hints and tips if theyve been before. and we are in the early stages of planning it.

ta in advance

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Disney Florida on 18:28 - Jun 7 with 1308 viewsLongLegs

Have been to Disney Florida a number of times now but always stay at the Disney resort hotels which offer the 'Magic buses' that go directly to the parks so we have never needed to rent a car and always just used a taxi if we left the complex. These buses are bit of a game changer as you avoid all the car traffic to the parks to maximise your time in the parks.

We always fly into Melbourne Orlando and have never had issues as we have sorted transfer to the hotel prior to going.

Hope you have fun booking it, it is such a great holiday and can't recommend it enough. Will be our 4th time when we go this year
Disney Florida on 18:33 - Jun 7 with 1293 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Been 7 times, just about to go again.

It really makes very little difference flying into MCO or Sandford, what you gain in time at one, you lose in travel time to your hotel anyway, so go for what ever is cheapest for you.

Drop me a DM if you want to chat, more than happy to.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Disney Florida on 18:35 - Jun 7 with 1289 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Disney Florida on 18:28 - Jun 7 by LongLegs

Have been to Disney Florida a number of times now but always stay at the Disney resort hotels which offer the 'Magic buses' that go directly to the parks so we have never needed to rent a car and always just used a taxi if we left the complex. These buses are bit of a game changer as you avoid all the car traffic to the parks to maximise your time in the parks.

We always fly into Melbourne Orlando and have never had issues as we have sorted transfer to the hotel prior to going.

Hope you have fun booking it, it is such a great holiday and can't recommend it enough. Will be our 4th time when we go this year

The 'Magic Buses' or Magical Express were scrapped at the beginning of the year. Mears now run an alternative, but it's now chargeable, about $20 each I believe.

Uber of Lyft will be your best bet from the airport now.

Disney Florida on 18:40 - Jun 7 with 1274 viewstextbackup

Disney Florida on 18:33 - Jun 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

Been 7 times, just about to go again.

It really makes very little difference flying into MCO or Sandford, what you gain in time at one, you lose in travel time to your hotel anyway, so go for what ever is cheapest for you.

Drop me a DM if you want to chat, more than happy to.

7 times, holy shhhhht! Lol

Thanks for that mate, will definitely Chuck you a message in near future

Disney Florida on 18:42 - Jun 7 with 1271 viewsIllinoisblue

My kids were 6 and 9 when we went, they loved it. Wouldn’t go again personally but it was good to tick it off the list. Don’t know if they still do it for the rides, but the “fast pass” wristband was good to save queueing.

Epcot was s5it, although weirdly that had one of the kids’s favourite rides, some “journey through time” thing which they went on a million times.

We went in November so wasn’t that hot. Imagine August will be sticky and humid. Moist, you might say. Dress accordingly. Town shorts and bare chest.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Disney Florida on 18:43 - Jun 7 with 1262 viewsmattelliot

Just returned from here and stayed in a apartment complex called Blue Tree Resort and had everything we needed. A daily shuttle to parks then using Disney Transport to get about was incredibly easy. If we had a dinner reservation / needed to move abit quicker we would Uber/Lyft for lest than $15 a ride.

We went for 10 days and would recommend the Genie pass (what was fast pass) for a day or two just to skip some of the lines!
Disney Florida on 18:48 - Jun 7 with 1243 viewsKieran_Knows

We went 4 years ago now, stayed in a villa down in Kissimmee and rented a car. Was about 20-30 minutes drive each day, but was absolutely ideal. We went in September and it was bloody humid then, so can imagine August will be worse!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Disney Florida on 18:57 - Jun 7 with 1221 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Disney Florida on 18:40 - Jun 7 by textbackup

7 times, holy shhhhht! Lol

Thanks for that mate, will definitely Chuck you a message in near future

No problem. We've stayed in Kissimmee and on site at Disney. This time we are doing 3 days in a Universal resort hotel and then 14 at Disney.

We've found ways to make it more affordable, although Disney are trying their hardest to make it unaffordable for everyone. We're going Mid August this year but have been December, January, March, April, May and June.

Just let me know.

Login to get fewer ads

Start saving? (n/t) on 19:02 - Jun 7 with 1185 viewsBloots

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Disney Florida on 19:17 - Jun 7 with 1153 viewsFixed_It

If you want to avoid MCO, and are renting a car, maybe fly into Tampa and drive to your villa. Have been over to Disney in Florida loads of times, so feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Start saving? (n/t) on 19:18 - Jun 7 with 1151 viewstextbackup

Start saving? (n/t) on 19:02 - Jun 7 by Bloots

This trip has been 6 years of saving!
Started a sharesave at work when oldest was 5/6 and couldn’t imagine her being 11 and us finally going…! How time flies

Disney Florida on 19:19 - Jun 7 with 1146 viewstextbackup

Disney Florida on 18:42 - Jun 7 by Illinoisblue

My kids were 6 and 9 when we went, they loved it. Wouldn’t go again personally but it was good to tick it off the list. Don’t know if they still do it for the rides, but the “fast pass” wristband was good to save queueing.

Epcot was s5it, although weirdly that had one of the kids’s favourite rides, some “journey through time” thing which they went on a million times.

We went in November so wasn’t that hot. Imagine August will be sticky and humid. Moist, you might say. Dress accordingly. Town shorts and bare chest.

Yeah mine will be 11/9, so hoping they’ll still get the best of the Disney stuff and then the rides

Attire will be exactly that, carrying cans of fosters around

Disney Florida on 19:21 - Jun 7 with 1140 viewsFixed_It

Disney Florida on 18:57 - Jun 7 by Cheltenham_Blue

No problem. We've stayed in Kissimmee and on site at Disney. This time we are doing 3 days in a Universal resort hotel and then 14 at Disney.

We've found ways to make it more affordable, although Disney are trying their hardest to make it unaffordable for everyone. We're going Mid August this year but have been December, January, March, April, May and June.

Just let me know.

Disney are also making it into something more akin to a military exercise than a holiday, and as someone who likes to be spontaneous on holiday that doesn't sit well with me. I have also been over numerous times since 1999, but it is slowly losing it's magic. Having said that, it is still a fantastic destination for anyone who hasn't been before and has nothing to compare it to.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Disney Florida on 19:23 - Jun 7 with 1136 viewstextbackup

Disney Florida on 18:48 - Jun 7 by Kieran_Knows

We went 4 years ago now, stayed in a villa down in Kissimmee and rented a car. Was about 20-30 minutes drive each day, but was absolutely ideal. We went in September and it was bloody humid then, so can imagine August will be worse!

Sounds pretty much the plan for us too.

Eat out a few times but majority of time grub in the villa

Disney Florida on 19:25 - Jun 7 with 1118 viewsITFC_Forever

You should be able to park at Gatwick.

We went in 2010 and the kids were 0 and 4 (mother-in-law’s 60th birthday treat).

They now want to go again…
[Post edited 7 Jun 2022 19:25]

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

No idea how you parents do it..... on 19:27 - Jun 7 with 1101 viewsBloots

Start saving? (n/t) on 19:18 - Jun 7 by textbackup

Started a sharesave at work when oldest was 5/6 and couldn’t imagine her being 11 and us finally going…! How time flies

.....prices during the school holidays scare the crap out of me.

Fair play to you.

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Disney Florida on 19:48 - Jun 7 with 1045 viewsKieran_Knows

Disney Florida on 19:23 - Jun 7 by textbackup

Sounds pretty much the plan for us too.

Eat out a few times but majority of time grub in the villa

Yeah, we went for 2 weeks and I reckon we ate out 5/6 of those nights. Some really decent food places round there!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

No idea how you parents do it..... on 20:40 - Jun 7 with 935 viewstextbackup

No idea how you parents do it..... on 19:27 - Jun 7 by Bloots

.....prices during the school holidays scare the crap out of me.

Fair play to you.

We normally go with Tui, and book 18 months in advance, and they do a DD interest free payment plan…
So while they rob you, they atleast help you to be robbed

Disney Florida on 20:43 - Jun 7 with 923 viewstextbackup

Disney Florida on 19:48 - Jun 7 by Kieran_Knows

Yeah, we went for 2 weeks and I reckon we ate out 5/6 of those nights. Some really decent food places round there!

I bet the grub is insane!

Start saving? (n/t) on 20:59 - Jun 7 with 900 viewsJ2BLUE

Start saving? (n/t) on 19:18 - Jun 7 by textbackup

Impressive level of foresight there!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Disney Florida on 22:01 - Jun 7 with 812 viewsMoisha

Went about 4 years ago, stayed away from Disney but not too far that you could see the resort in the distance.
Uber’d everyday was cheap and easy, picked up at hotel then again at the resort, depending on which one we went to.
Download the Disney app it’s very helpful for getting around and where the queues are worst.
Make sure you do a day trip to Kennedy Space Centre, very impressive.
We also did a trip to a local wild park where you can feed the alligators, and did a hour on an air boat in the Everglades.

Enjoy!
Start saving? (n/t) on 23:28 - Jun 7 with 733 viewstextbackup

Start saving? (n/t) on 20:59 - Jun 7 by J2BLUE

Impressive level of foresight there!

If I told you the price I’m buying the shares at, and what they currently are, you take that back 😂

However, luckily, with an employee share scheme you get back what you put in, so I’m not any worse off.

Disney Florida on 23:30 - Jun 7 with 729 viewstextbackup

Disney Florida on 22:01 - Jun 7 by Moisha

Went about 4 years ago, stayed away from Disney but not too far that you could see the resort in the distance.
Uber’d everyday was cheap and easy, picked up at hotel then again at the resort, depending on which one we went to.
Download the Disney app it’s very helpful for getting around and where the queues are worst.
Make sure you do a day trip to Kennedy Space Centre, very impressive.
We also did a trip to a local wild park where you can feed the alligators, and did a hour on an air boat in the Everglades.

Enjoy!

That sounds quality.

I have asked if on one day I can have it to myself to do some sea fishing. The big old marlins etc

Disney Florida on 23:50 - Jun 7 with 703 viewsStNeotsBlue

Disney Florida on 19:19 - Jun 7 by textbackup

Yeah mine will be 11/9, so hoping they’ll still get the best of the Disney stuff and then the rides

Attire will be exactly that, carrying cans of fosters around

Took my girls over there when they were about that age. They enjoyed Disney but loved both the Universal parks, better rides and much less queueing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024