Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector 16:41 - Jun 14 with 659 viewsGuthrum

Would probably have dropped Bairstow after the last few diasppointing performances.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 17:15 - Jun 14 with 613 viewsKeno

Guffers cricket genius

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 17:34 - Jun 14 with 589 viewsfactual_blue

I think there are probably some other reasons why you aren't one....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 17:46 - Jun 14 with 577 viewsArnoldMoorhen

I think it is fair to say that England's Test team can afford to have 2 of Stokes, Buttler and Bairstow at any one time, but not all 3, for balance.

Crawley is the batsman whose place is most vulnerable at the moment. He owes Bairstow a drink, because he has probably bought him time.

The obvious thing to do is bring in Harry Brook, with the series won, but he isn't an opener. Bairstow could open, and Brook come in at 5 or 6, but Bairstow could, rightly, suggest that he should stay where he is. Pope is safe, Root is safe.

With Stokes limping heavily at times he could be rested for the next one, but Brook's bowling isn't up to coming in as a direct replacement.
And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 18:10 - Jun 14 with 552 viewschicoazul

And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 17:46 - Jun 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

I think it is fair to say that England's Test team can afford to have 2 of Stokes, Buttler and Bairstow at any one time, but not all 3, for balance.

Crawley is the batsman whose place is most vulnerable at the moment. He owes Bairstow a drink, because he has probably bought him time.

The obvious thing to do is bring in Harry Brook, with the series won, but he isn't an opener. Bairstow could open, and Brook come in at 5 or 6, but Bairstow could, rightly, suggest that he should stay where he is. Pope is safe, Root is safe.

With Stokes limping heavily at times he could be rested for the next one, but Brook's bowling isn't up to coming in as a direct replacement.

Pick the same team for the third test I think. Unless we want bloody Sibley back.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 18:19 - Jun 14 with 540 viewsGuthrum

And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 18:10 - Jun 14 by chicoazul

Pick the same team for the third test I think. Unless we want bloody Sibley back.

Don't think Sibley would suit the McCullum/Stokes approach at all. Scores waaay too slowly.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 21:40 - Jun 14 with 478 viewsMelford

And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 18:19 - Jun 14 by Guthrum

Don't think Sibley would suit the McCullum/Stokes approach at all. Scores waaay too slowly.

I've heard reports that he's spent the winter working on his technique and that it's been paying rewards in that he's playing a bit more expansively so far this season.

With Lees seemingly coming out of his shell now he's more confident I reckon a 'traditional' opener could be in. I'd have Compton first but wouldn't be averse to the Vicar coming back.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 21:51 - Jun 14 with 468 viewsHARRY10

Yep, what an incredible day and an incredible innings from Bairstow

not as good as Gilbert Laird Osborne Jessop though
And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 22:10 - Jun 14 with 448 viewsRyorry

And that's why I'm not an England cricket selector on 17:46 - Jun 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

Stokes said in post match interview he's fine, already recovered - had cartilege removed a few years back & knee still sometimes locks up, but it only lasts for 20 mins or so.

Must admit that when I switched TMS back on after lunch at about 2.30pm, I did groan & mutter "oh no, are we down to Bairstow already, that's it then"!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024