Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? 15:10 - Jun 15 with 6363 viewsSTYG

Appears to be a picture of him online training in West Brom gear.

Given he's under contract with us still but wanting to leave and is from Ipswich and therefore not likely to be an Albion fan, I assume this means something has been sorted?

The options seem to be that he's either been sold to West Brom (presumably he can't just be training with them as nobody is back for pre-season yet) and it'll be announced shortly, he's decided to throw some Albion gear on to create a stir (which seems unlikely), the image has been photoshopped (which doesn't look likely from the resolution of it, would be a hell of a lot of time and effort dedicated to someone to do) or it's an Albion player that looks a bit similar where someone has claimed it's Simpson (some Albion fans have commented and none seem to be suggesting it's actually a player they already have and not Simpson and are discussing him being one for the future)

Any of those who follow him online, or are in the know, have anything on this as if it's genuine then it's got to be announced soon as can't see Simpson going that early on this, even if he is supposed to wait a bit longer to confirm.
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:13 - Jun 15 with 4442 viewsBonneNIL

I have just googled this, as this is the only remark about him joining West Brom, where were the pictures?

Poll: Best Adidas Home Shirt of the Modern Era

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:14 - Jun 15 with 4425 viewsSTYG

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:13 - Jun 15 by BonneNIL

I have just googled this, as this is the only remark about him joining West Brom, where were the pictures?

[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 15:15]
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:15 - Jun 15 with 4391 viewsIllinoisblue

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:14 - Jun 15 by STYG

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:16 - Jun 15 with 4367 viewsSTYG

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:15 - Jun 15 by Illinoisblue

Sorry.

Worked out how to link it as you were kindly doing so, hence the double linkage.
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:17 - Jun 15 with 4352 viewsIllinoisblue

He and/or his agent don’t seem very professional.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:18 - Jun 15 with 4332 viewsBonneNIL

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:14 - Jun 15 by STYG

I mean it's not uncommon for players to train with clubs that they aren't signed to, he wanted out of Ipswich, he did everything to leave, and has no intention of ever playing here after we recalled him, so he may just be using their facilities to stay fit while a move happens. We've had plenty of players train with us over the years decked out in our gear that never signed, including the Manure kids a month or so back.

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:21 - Jun 15 with 4295 viewsSTYG

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:18 - Jun 15 by BonneNIL

I mean it's not uncommon for players to train with clubs that they aren't signed to, he wanted out of Ipswich, he did everything to leave, and has no intention of ever playing here after we recalled him, so he may just be using their facilities to stay fit while a move happens. We've had plenty of players train with us over the years decked out in our gear that never signed, including the Manure kids a month or so back.

Ordinarily I'd say probable, but given that he's from Ipswich and not got any links to the Midlands as far as I know and there is no training currently for any team it seems a bit unlikely Simpson would rock up there (even if his parents or friends or whatever are there) and ask if he, as an Ipswich player, could use their facilities whilst nobody else is to keep himself fit. No chance any club agrees to that.

As he can't really be on trial as such, presumably that's more likely to have been taken as some part of a medical / fitness test?
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:22 - Jun 15 with 4256 viewsSTYG

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:17 - Jun 15 by Illinoisblue

He and/or his agent don’t seem very professional.

Didn't he take all his ITFC related posts down in January when we recalled him?

Can't speak for the agent, but plenty here seemed to suggest he wasn't being particularly well advised.

Given the post was 6 hours ago, you'd imagine if the move is agreed, that WBA / Town may have something to say with this post given they've not confirmed it and if it isn't agreed, then you'd imagine Town would have something to say and any agent would surely have advised him to delete the post.
Login to get fewer ads

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:27 - Jun 15 with 4169 viewsChurchman

If he wants away, the sooner he’s gone the better for his and our sakes. We only want people here who want to be here. Journeymen, pensioners seeking a payout, hasbeens, yoof players who want away or anyone else - cheerybye!

The Evans days are over.
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:27 - Jun 15 with 4157 viewsJ2BLUE

Meh

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:28 - Jun 15 with 4160 viewsBonneNIL

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:21 - Jun 15 by STYG

Ordinarily I'd say probable, but given that he's from Ipswich and not got any links to the Midlands as far as I know and there is no training currently for any team it seems a bit unlikely Simpson would rock up there (even if his parents or friends or whatever are there) and ask if he, as an Ipswich player, could use their facilities whilst nobody else is to keep himself fit. No chance any club agrees to that.

As he can't really be on trial as such, presumably that's more likely to have been taken as some part of a medical / fitness test?

I think given the nature of everything he did after being recalled, I doubt he's welcome at Playford Road on any level now.

As for the WBA connection, we have a CEO and Chairman connected with that club and who support them, so they may have said look we don't want you back here for whichever reason but we've spoken to WBA and they have agreed you can train there during the summer. At the same time, WBA could well be taking a look at him.

I thought he was signing for Peterborough, and even Scum had a sniff around at one point.

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:29 - Jun 15 with 4137 viewsclive_baker

Would be an odd move for someone who wants 1st team football. Also I'm not convinced that is the WBA badge.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:30 - Jun 15 with 4126 viewsSTYG

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:28 - Jun 15 by BonneNIL

I think given the nature of everything he did after being recalled, I doubt he's welcome at Playford Road on any level now.

As for the WBA connection, we have a CEO and Chairman connected with that club and who support them, so they may have said look we don't want you back here for whichever reason but we've spoken to WBA and they have agreed you can train there during the summer. At the same time, WBA could well be taking a look at him.

I thought he was signing for Peterborough, and even Scum had a sniff around at one point.

Still can't see WBA allowing him to train there, it's quite a way to go to run around some cones and they surely wouldn't be handing him out some training gear either.

Seems most likely we've agreed something with them and he's jumped the gun on the photo. WBA would be a good place for him in terms of us getting a reasonable fee and also from a sell on point of view if they can develop him.

Could see them loaning him out to a League One club and going from there.
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:31 - Jun 15 with 4097 viewsSTYG

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:29 - Jun 15 by clive_baker

Would be an odd move for someone who wants 1st team football. Also I'm not convinced that is the WBA badge.

The Albion fans seem to be happy it is.

Albion are with Puma so that works. Very few that look similar. Grimsby is wrong shape at top and you can clearly see what looks like the throstle where it should be so I'm quite certain that's WBA.
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:32 - Jun 15 with 4088 viewsitfcjoe

It's hard to tell if it is WBA gear - but no big deal whatever it is. Might jiust be badged up stuff from a private training camp

Most likely scenario is he is on holiday doing some fitness work and has just grabbed spare gear from a mate

Least likely scenario is he has already agreed a deal with WBA, been given their training gear and then gone away to train in it on holiday.

Fridge was training in his old Rangers gear the other day, players will just chuck on what is comfortable and available

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:35 - Jun 15 with 4031 viewsSTYG

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:32 - Jun 15 by itfcjoe

It's hard to tell if it is WBA gear - but no big deal whatever it is. Might jiust be badged up stuff from a private training camp

Most likely scenario is he is on holiday doing some fitness work and has just grabbed spare gear from a mate

Least likely scenario is he has already agreed a deal with WBA, been given their training gear and then gone away to train in it on holiday.

Fridge was training in his old Rangers gear the other day, players will just chuck on what is comfortable and available

Just seems a bit strange for a wantaway player to post on social media a photo of him in another teams gear, assuming it's WBA.

Fridge at least played for Rangers and wasn't looking to leave the club.

Wasn't aware he was on holiday as such. Assumed it was from a training ground - presumed Albion's.

If he's out of the country then agree there's no chance it has been given to him by WBA!
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:36 - Jun 15 with 4014 viewswkj

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:32 - Jun 15 by itfcjoe

Im pretty sure it is WBA as their kit partners are Puma, yet you can not purchase puma training vests from the club website, if at all. At this stage I would say there is more to suggest it is WBA apparel than anything else.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:36 - Jun 15 with 4021 viewsSheffordBlue

The Instagram Story this came from had BAS Training in it which appears to be this set up based in enemy territory...

https://bastraining.co/

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:39 - Jun 15 with 3942 viewsSTYG

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:36 - Jun 15 by SheffordBlue

The Instagram Story this came from had BAS Training in it which appears to be this set up based in enemy territory...

https://bastraining.co/

Good spot.

The videos on the website seem to show the same facilities as the picture.

So appears he may be training in Norwich. In West Brom gear? Is he that worried that his Town stuff would lead to trouble or has he thrown it all away!
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:43 - Jun 15 with 3846 viewsclive_baker

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:31 - Jun 15 by STYG

The Albion fans seem to be happy it is.

Albion are with Puma so that works. Very few that look similar. Grimsby is wrong shape at top and you can clearly see what looks like the throstle where it should be so I'm quite certain that's WBA.

Yeah definitely not Grimsby. Perhaps it is WBA, it's hard to tell but I thought their crest had straighter edges like ours, this looks more curved. Either way, as others have said it's not uncommon to see players in training gear from other clubs especially if at a 3rd party camp.

Can't really see a move to West Brom suiting him personally if it's 1st team football he's after, unless of course they've agreed to loan him to Swindon which could work for him in the short term. Ultimately I expect it's going to come down to money, but wouldn't imagine there's a huge queue of Championship clubs after his services.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:44 - Jun 15 with 3840 viewsitfcjoe

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:36 - Jun 15 by wkj

Im pretty sure it is WBA as their kit partners are Puma, yet you can not purchase puma training vests from the club website, if at all. At this stage I would say there is more to suggest it is WBA apparel than anything else.

I don't think there is anything to suggest it is because he has signed for WBA regardless of wearing their stuff - who is the other guy training, and who runs BAS Training? I'd almost guarantee WBA connections.

This will be private work bought and paid for by Simpson

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:45 - Jun 15 with 3800 viewswkj

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:44 - Jun 15 by itfcjoe

I don't think there is anything to suggest it is because he has signed for WBA regardless of wearing their stuff - who is the other guy training, and who runs BAS Training? I'd almost guarantee WBA connections.

I was referring to the kit, rather than a move. Either way, Tyreece will be off at some point, and it is better for him and the club that it happens in the summer.

Crybaby

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:46 - Jun 15 with 3788 viewsSTYG

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:44 - Jun 15 by itfcjoe

Looking at their testimonials, Rakeem Harper is one of them, plenty of the others are Leicester or Peterborough players or ones like Assambalonga that have WBA, Leicester or Posh connections.

So quite likely they have connections with clubs in that area after all and it was some gear knocking about.

Nonetheless, seems odd for SImpson to post the image when he's contracted to us, even if he does want to leave.
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:49 - Jun 15 with 3725 viewsPhilTWTD

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:39 - Jun 15 by STYG

Good spot.

The videos on the website seem to show the same facilities as the picture.

So appears he may be training in Norwich. In West Brom gear? Is he that worried that his Town stuff would lead to trouble or has he thrown it all away!

He's from up that way, went to Langley School. Have asked the club whether there's any to be taken from it but don't think there's anything to be read into it.
Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:50 - Jun 15 with 3676 viewswkj

Tyreece Simpson to West Brom - Done? on 15:49 - Jun 15 by PhilTWTD

He's from up that way, went to Langley School. Have asked the club whether there's any to be taken from it but don't think there's anything to be read into it.

That means an announcment is imminent then

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024