Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't think we will be signing Celina 10:18 - Jun 25 with 4326 viewsGlasgowBlue

With Jackson getting a new contract and the signing of John Jules and Ladapo, I think KM wants to play with 3 pacey forwards rather than one up top with 2 number tens.

Thoughts anyone?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 12:41 - Jun 25 with 1346 viewsDJR

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 12:36 - Jun 25 by Bobsthename

15 yeah but i’m unsure others will chip in with enough goals we created umpteen chance last season but a lot went begging and it stands out drawing games again proves the point i personally don’t think we have yet addressed it in this window i think Lapado will also create just. hoping we have someone on the end of it .

I don't think we did create that many chances in most games last season, and we certainly rarely created chances on a plate. My hope is that the new players, with increased athleticism, will lead to more and better chances, which in itself should lead to more goals.
Don't think we will be signing Celina on 12:55 - Jun 25 with 1329 viewsBlueBadger

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 12:31 - Jun 25 by chenners17

I kind of hope Pigott gets a run.

He has previously scored 20+ goals in this league and with the amount of chances we should create, you would expect him to score.

However, pigott or mckenna may have decided that a move is best. But feels a bit unfair after just one season.

He managed it once, 6 years ago.
He's only ever really been prolific in leagues below this one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Pigott

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 12:57 - Jun 25 with 1324 viewsBarcaBlue

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 10:39 - Jun 25 by LegendofthePhoenix

my guess is that it depends on wages - Celina was reported to be on twice the wages of our next highest earner. That can't be good for the dressing room. Plus I am guessing KJ will be used more as wide left than out and out striker, I reckon the plan is that he outpaces the oppo RB, and mostly whips balls in for Ladapo and TJJ to race onto. That plays more to KJs strengths. Celina would always be a great option to have if we want to mix it up, but only if his wages are at the same level as everyone else.

Stuff like Celina's wages are double anyone else's are repeated on here until they become fact. I haven't seen it reported, only repeated. I assume he's on a decent wedge but I think it's highly unlikely to cause dressing room issues anyway. Burns was on his hols with Celina, maybe Celina paid for the trip.

I hope he can come back. There is always a place for a player with his attributes, he can play wide, behind the strikers or attacking CM.

I don't think new contracts or signings have much of a bearing. More probable that he'd be looking for something permanent, and Dijon probably think the same. Maybe if his future isn't sorted by the end of the Summer we have a decent chance. There should always be room for a player like Celina.
Don't think we will be signing Celina on 13:10 - Jun 25 with 1304 viewsVeggie

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 10:40 - Jun 25 by FrimleyBlue

I don't see Celina being one of KMs main targets. Despite others opinions, Celina isn't 100% perfect and KM touched on this during the season, and I don't personally think his whole game suits KM ball as sometimes he can slow things down. But if the option is there and we have our main targets I could see another loan happening later in the window.

Well said. He’s good but when you factor in value for money vs actual impact, he doesn’t really give enough.
Don't think we will be signing Celina on 13:15 - Jun 25 with 1278 viewsBarcaBlue

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 13:10 - Jun 25 by Veggie

Well said. He’s good but when you factor in value for money vs actual impact, he doesn’t really give enough.

Nonsense and pure drivel.
Don't think we will be signing Celina on 18:56 - Jun 25 with 1208 viewsstrikalite

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 12:41 - Jun 25 by DJR

I don't think we did create that many chances in most games last season, and we certainly rarely created chances on a plate. My hope is that the new players, with increased athleticism, will lead to more and better chances, which in itself should lead to more goals.

Edwards could be a big player for us this season, he just needs to learn that crucial two seconds of composure part when in and around the box....hope somehow KM can get that into his game, it's only this he lacks...
Don't think we will be signing Celina on 19:44 - Jun 25 with 1190 viewsDJR

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 18:56 - Jun 25 by strikalite

Edwards could be a big player for us this season, he just needs to learn that crucial two seconds of composure part when in and around the box....hope somehow KM can get that into his game, it's only this he lacks...

Agreed. I certainly think he has the athleticism/skill that McK would favour.
Don't think we will be signing Celina on 20:07 - Jun 25 with 1179 viewsTomTheWriter

I still think the glaring hole we have in the attack is someone whose first thought is to drive towards the goal. The Scott Twine, Elliot Anderson, Morgan Rogers, Ronan Curtis type wide players. Always found about 25 yards from goal, usually out wide. You get the ball to their feet, and there first thought is 'I'm going to beat this defender'

Ladapo will do well at holding the ball, getting it wide and making the runs into the box. He has the pace and energy to do the things that Bonne/Pigott couldn't.

Jackson and John-Jules are forwards who like to drift wide and get in behind. Balls down the line from wing-backs and midfielders, they latch onto it and stretch defences.

Chaplin wants to be on the ball near the forwards to link up with them. Always find him in or around the box, and is probably the best finisher at the club.

Aluko, Morsy, Evans, Ball have the playmaker trait. They should be the ones getting on the ball each game. With centre midfielders comfortable on the ball, we don't need another midfielder dropping deep to do their job.

Burns destroys players and has Alexander-Arnold level cutbacks at this point Edwards I think can beat anyone he goes up against, but looks more comfortable finding a man rather than going for goal.

We need someone who makes defenders commit on the age of box, driving at them and forcing a mistake. Going one way, going the other and testing the goalkeeper. The lack of 'pot-shots' last season was a shame, because mistakes happen at every level. We get ourselves a player like Twine (not him), Rogers, Anderson etc, then we'll be dangerous.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2022 20:07]

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Login to get fewer ads

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 20:14 - Jun 25 with 1153 viewsParky

As I said on the other thread, got the impression from Ashton today that we won’t be, either.

He said we’d be signing 2 or 3 more and when asked directly about Celina, said it’s up to Mckenna, but just gave the impression it isn’t happening.
Don't think we will be signing Celina on 21:23 - Jun 25 with 1093 viewsVeggie

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 13:15 - Jun 25 by BarcaBlue

Nonsense and pure drivel.

So you think he’s value for money at £20k a week in League 1? Please enlighten me.
Don't think we will be signing Celina on 21:33 - Jun 25 with 1081 viewsSwansea_Blue

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 21:23 - Jun 25 by Veggie

So you think he’s value for money at £20k a week in League 1? Please enlighten me.

Value is a bit of a nebulous concept. He’s top quality in this league. If we can afford him, then yep he’s worth the money, as he does deliver. But that’s a decision for Ashton & co. I wouldn’t want them to break the wage model for anyone though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 22:32 - Jun 25 with 1034 viewsKievthegreat

Apologies for the down vote GB, tried to see who gave a down vote to the OP and my fat fingers hit the down arrow.
Don't think we will be signing Celina on 13:32 - Jun 26 with 902 viewsBarcaBlue

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 21:23 - Jun 25 by Veggie

Why don't you enlighten us on how you know he is on 20k /week? Repeating a number or opinion multiple times doesn't necessarily make it true.

Then there's the issue of quantifying "value", that's your subjective opinion. You've made up your mind he is what is laziily known as a "luxury player". Others recognize his overall contribution to the team, his ability to get fans off their seats. He offers goals, assists, tracking back. He's a top player in League 1 and is part of the ambition Gamechanger are projecting.

Just because he's not scoring a worldie every game, or that some of his moves and passes don't come off doesn't make him a luxury or poor value based on a salary plucked from a fans' forum.
Don't think we will be signing Celina on 22:51 - Jun 26 with 802 viewsItfcforme

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 12:36 - Jun 25 by Bobsthename

15 yeah but i’m unsure others will chip in with enough goals we created umpteen chance last season but a lot went begging and it stands out drawing games again proves the point i personally don’t think we have yet addressed it in this window i think Lapado will also create just. hoping we have someone on the end of it .

It is still early days as I have said the bigger clubs have not yet put there loan players out there yet and I think at least 1 more striker to be added
Don't think we will be signing Celina on 10:07 - Jun 27 with 713 viewsSarge

Don't think we will be signing Celina on 12:55 - Jun 25 by BlueBadger

He managed it once, 6 years ago.
He's only ever really been prolific in leagues below this one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Pigott

6 years ago? He scored 20 in the season before he joined us. He's also arguably only been prolific in League One, his League Two record was not great.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024