Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? 16:25 - Jun 27 with 1691 viewshype313

Quite a gripping series on netflix, one of those one's where you think a huge miscarriage of justice has occurred, but there's this nagging doubt he clearly did it.

Very good watch.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:26 - Jun 27 with 1438 viewsitfcjoe

Are you talking about the original documentary which is a few years old, or the recent big budget HBO drama series with Colin Firth and Toni Collette which has just aired on Sky?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:33 - Jun 27 with 1383 viewshype313

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:26 - Jun 27 by itfcjoe

Are you talking about the original documentary which is a few years old, or the recent big budget HBO drama series with Colin Firth and Toni Collette which has just aired on Sky?

The one on Netflix, the original doc, will watch the HBO one with Colin Firth in the coming weeks.

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:35 - Jun 27 with 1377 viewsgiant_stow

Yeah watched the series and not really the wiser, but a really good show.

Agree with you really, although I still can't figure out what his motive might have been, which makes me believe he might not have done it.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:41 - Jun 27 with 1363 viewshype313

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:35 - Jun 27 by giant_stow

Yeah watched the series and not really the wiser, but a really good show.

Agree with you really, although I still can't figure out what his motive might have been, which makes me believe he might not have done it.

I wonder if he had PTSD from Vietnam, had bisexual issues throughout his life and when his wife found out, flipped.

That's my thoughts.

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:48 - Jun 27 with 1341 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:41 - Jun 27 by hype313

I wonder if he had PTSD from Vietnam, had bisexual issues throughout his life and when his wife found out, flipped.

That's my thoughts.

Fair dos., we can all only really guess. Personally, I had the feeling the wife must have known about him being bisexual and must have found a way of tolerating it. The support of (most of) the kids was telling as well, I thought, but yes, could have been a Vietnam-related moment of madness.
[Post edited 27 Jun 2022 16:48]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:54 - Jun 27 with 1316 viewsChiefXL

He definitely did it
Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:58 - Jun 27 with 1308 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:54 - Jun 27 by ChiefXL

He definitely did it

haha! Why so certain?!

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 17:20 - Jun 27 with 1260 viewsunbelievablue

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:54 - Jun 27 by ChiefXL

He definitely did it

Twice!

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 17:54 - Jun 27 with 1226 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:33 - Jun 27 by hype313

The one on Netflix, the original doc, will watch the HBO one with Colin Firth in the coming weeks.

It's very good - The Colin Firth one.

I can't help think that you might have watched them the wrong way round - or that is of course quite subjective.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 18:00 - Jun 27 with 1214 viewshype313

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 17:54 - Jun 27 by Lord_Lucan

It's very good - The Colin Firth one.

I can't help think that you might have watched them the wrong way round - or that is of course quite subjective.

Probably, I generally do things arse about face.

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 18:08 - Jun 27 with 1204 viewsEnigma_Blue

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:58 - Jun 27 by giant_stow

haha! Why so certain?!

I think it's telling that he submitted an Alford plea at his retrial. An Alford plea is defined as;

where a defendant in a criminal case does not admit to the criminal act and asserts innocence] but admits that the evidence presented by the prosecution would be likely to persuade a judge or jury to find the defendant guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.I

If there is enough evidence to convince a Jury a defendant is guilty beyond reasonable doubt then there is a very good chance the defendant really is guilty..

It could be argued of I suppose that he submitted the Alford plea in order to get a reduced sentence so he wouldn't spend the rest of his life behind bars.
Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 18:09 - Jun 27 with 1198 viewsTractorBrew

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 17:20 - Jun 27 by unbelievablue

Twice!

But he is always a step ahead I guess?
Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 18:11 - Jun 27 with 1192 viewsEnigma_Blue

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 18:09 - Jun 27 by TractorBrew

But he is always a step ahead I guess?

People needed to tread carefully when around him.
Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 19:48 - Jun 27 with 1106 viewsTractorBrew

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 18:11 - Jun 27 by Enigma_Blue

People needed to tread carefully when around him.

Not seen, but assume he never got bail due to him being a flight risk?
Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 11:23 - Jun 28 with 942 viewsChiefXL

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 16:58 - Jun 27 by giant_stow

haha! Why so certain?!

There's a lot of evidence but not all was included in either the documentary or the dramatisation.
The prosecution's problem was they focussed a lot on his bisexuality which didn't come across well on the documentary and the Duane Deaver testimony which was eventually stricken due to his discreditation. But Deaver did find blood spatter on the inside of his shorts that showed he had to be standing over her at the time, which contradicted his statement.
There are a lot of other factors too...
KP's throat showed signs of strangulation/choking
When the police arrived they found he has taken his shoes and socks off but there was blood on the bottom of the shoes, and no reasonable explanation was given.
The 911 call - one of the FBI's top voice pattern analysists has pulled that apart, particularly at the point when the 911 person asked him how many steps she had fallen down, it throws him and he needs to go check. He was not with her as he claimed when he made that call.
His defence that KP knew about his bisexuality which is questionable considering the night of the incident the emails between him and various male sex workers had been printed out and left on his desk, potentially by her, putting the prosecution's theory that she discovered it and flipped out back into play, but by then it was too late.
The fact that everything that comes out of his mouth is so bloody scripted and fake "I whisper her name in my heart a thousand times" BS.
The documentary paints him in a far more sympathetic light but then you see what they left out to do it, the damage to her throat, the money problems, the editor falling in love with him...

I mean....
Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 11:36 - Jun 28 with 924 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 11:23 - Jun 28 by ChiefXL

There's a lot of evidence but not all was included in either the documentary or the dramatisation.
The prosecution's problem was they focussed a lot on his bisexuality which didn't come across well on the documentary and the Duane Deaver testimony which was eventually stricken due to his discreditation. But Deaver did find blood spatter on the inside of his shorts that showed he had to be standing over her at the time, which contradicted his statement.
When the police arrived they found he has taken his shoes and socks off but there was blood on the bottom of the shoes, and no reasonable explanation was given.
The 911 call - one of the FBI's top voice pattern analysists has pulled that apart, particularly at the point when the 911 person asked him how many steps she had fallen down, it throws him and he needs to go check. He was not with her as he claimed when he made that call.
His defence that KP knew about his bisexuality which is questionable considering the night of the incident the emails between him and various male sex workers had been printed out and left on his desk, potentially by her, putting the prosecution's theory that she discovered it and flipped out back into play, but by then it was too late.
The fact that everything that comes out of his mouth is so bloody scripted and fake "I whisper her name in my heart a thousand times" BS.
The documentary paints him in a far more sympathetic light but then you see what they left out to do it, the damage to her throat, the money problems, the editor falling in love with him...

I mean....

Have you seen the film?

A lot of that is covered in the film - but then again, films are not always non fiction which IMHO should not be allowed, if you make a film of something real, you should not be able to add or change things for dramatic effect.

I think The Crown is the biggest pointer here, based on real life but largely fictitious.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 11:38 - Jun 28 with 919 viewsitfcjoe

I mean....

That's my view on it after the Netflix documentary and the excellent BBC Sounds podcast series a few years back.

I don't really see much doubt, and very little evidence someone could fall down a set of stairs and die so brutally with so many in juries - and when you see it has happened twice and how manipulative he is/was doesn't leave much room for doubt - clear motives as well as you've shown

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 12:03 - Jun 28 with 894 viewshype313

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 11:38 - Jun 28 by itfcjoe

That's my view on it after the Netflix documentary and the excellent BBC Sounds podcast series a few years back.

I don't really see much doubt, and very little evidence someone could fall down a set of stairs and die so brutally with so many in juries - and when you see it has happened twice and how manipulative he is/was doesn't leave much room for doubt - clear motives as well as you've shown

The lacerations are also significant, can't see how someone got those falling down the stairs, David Rudolph is now saying there is a theory for a bird pecking the head, it get's even more bizarre.

Also, I, along with my wife, think that Margaret is his daughter, whom he fathered with Liz Ratcliffe

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 12:24 - Jun 28 with 878 viewsgiant_stow

I mean....

...well I did ask!

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 13:40 - Jun 28 with 845 viewsChiefXL

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 11:36 - Jun 28 by Lord_Lucan

Have you seen the film?

A lot of that is covered in the film - but then again, films are not always non fiction which IMHO should not be allowed, if you make a film of something real, you should not be able to add or change things for dramatic effect.

I think The Crown is the biggest pointer here, based on real life but largely fictitious.

Sorry Lukers, which film?
Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 13:42 - Jun 28 with 841 viewsChiefXL

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 12:24 - Jun 28 by giant_stow

...well I did ask!

Sorry
Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 13:43 - Jun 28 with 836 viewsLord_Lucan

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 13:40 - Jun 28 by ChiefXL

Sorry Lukers, which film?

Sorry, I meant the mini series with Colin Firth https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11324406/

Although I just googled it and there is a film - which I haven't actually seen. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0901693/

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 14:02 - Jun 28 with 810 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 13:42 - Jun 28 by ChiefXL

Sorry

Not at all, there's stuff in there that I had no idea about.

Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 14:12 - Jun 28 with 798 viewshatch

I've only watched the Sky Atlantic series but the aggressive owl theory does seem to explain the head wounds - although I would agree that it is really hard to believe that series of events happened.

Need to watch the Netflix doc next to better inform myself.
Anyone else watching The Staircase Murder? on 14:17 - Jun 28 with 791 viewshype313

I mean....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024