Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can't see that Penney has a future at Town 12:25 - Jul 5 with 5406 viewscbower

Leigh in and Still looking to bring in another. Question mark against Ndaba's future to if this kid from Leeds can play cb , lb and lwb. 1 million plus add ons is serious money for us.

bluescouser

Can't see that Penney has a future at Town on 15:35 - Jul 6 with 573 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Damn reading this thread I appear to be in a minority of one in that I quite liked him. Biggest problem we had down that side was that unlike on the right where burns would get back and protect the RB, Penney was often left isolated.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Can't see that Penney has a future at Town on 15:48 - Jul 6 with 542 viewsDJR

Can't see that Penney has a future at Town on 15:35 - Jul 6 by The_Romford_Blue

Damn reading this thread I appear to be in a minority of one in that I quite liked him. Biggest problem we had down that side was that unlike on the right where burns would get back and protect the RB, Penney was often left isolated.

I think there's at least three of us.
Can't see that Penney has a future at Town on 22:24 - Jul 6 with 447 viewsVeggie

Can't see that Penney has a future at Town on 13:42 - Jul 5 by clive_baker

Let's be honest, he's pretty pony. As weak as p1ss and never looked particularly convincing in a Town shirt.

Come on, Luke wasn’t that bad was he?
Can't see that Penney has a future at Town on 22:35 - Jul 6 with 420 viewsStNeotsBlue

Can't see that Penney has a future at Town on 15:17 - Jul 6 by DJR

I'm with you on that. He's actually played a number of games in the Championship, so I don't think he can that bad. I think the goals at Plymouth have been amplified, but I am not sure he made an error as no player is ever able to cut out every cross, and he is only 5ft 8. I feel we were a better attacking force down the left with him than without him, and his crossing is good. This isn't to say that he will be first or second choice, but he could have a role as a squad player for when we suffer injuries or suspensions, as we undoubtedly will, and he is presumably fairly cheap.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2022 15:19]

Regarding your second sentence, he was brought in as a direct replacement for Kenlock who had played a lot more games at Championship level.
Can't see that Penney has a future at Town on 08:03 - Jul 7 with 324 viewsibbleobble

Can't see that Penney has a future at Town on 12:36 - Jul 5 by cbower

Not that he has been particularly poor but Burgess was a panic buy when we suddenly looked light with some injuries and Cook's lack of trust in Wolf and Janoi. He is not a bad player but he is so vulnerable to any pace as he is very slow on the turn. Penney is too lightweight defensively I'm afraid.

Positioning and reading of the game beats pace and Burgess is the best header of the ball we have. Moving him on would be unnecessary. Wolfenden plays on the cover now so I don’t see any issue with keeping Burgess in the squad.

I thought McKenna was a good coach. If that’s the case, coach Penney and Burgess positioning to be better because that’s alleviates their frailties.
Can't see that Penney has a future at Town on 08:55 - Jul 7 with 286 viewsdirtyboy

Can't see that Penney has a future at Town on 15:48 - Jul 6 by DJR

I think there's at least three of us.

I've always thought he was good at what he did, appreciate the lack of physicality, but as mentioned, didn't have the fast and brilliance 1v1 back of Donacien to protect him.

Great crosser of the ball, good striker of the ball, no idea how his stats back up, but look, with a Ladapo on the end of stuff, maybe he'd be able to show his strengths.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024