Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. 14:46 - Jul 25 with 4605 viewsZapers

Another nail in the Corbyn coffin. Kier Starmer looks more appealing by the day!
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 20:51 - Jul 25 with 1156 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 20:44 - Jul 25 by XYZ

Did he get a chance to respond?

Didn’t look like he was going to take any chance to respond. She had him banged to rights.

We don’t have a media capable of, or even interested in, pinning a politician down like that on their dishonesty and lack of values.

Pronouns: He/Him

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 20:57 - Jul 25 with 1148 viewsjeera

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 20:51 - Jul 25 by Darth_Koont

Didn’t look like he was going to take any chance to respond. She had him banged to rights.

We don’t have a media capable of, or even interested in, pinning a politician down like that on their dishonesty and lack of values.

When they do this government threatens to sell them off to shut them up.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 21:00 - Jul 25 with 1136 viewsXYZ

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 20:51 - Jul 25 by Darth_Koont

Without him getting the chance to respond - and taking it or not taking it - that's just a passionate haranguing of the LOTO - the case for the prosecution.

I'd like to hear the defense - as you say, maybe he's not being asked these questions.
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 21:00 - Jul 25 with 1139 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 20:57 - Jul 25 by jeera

When they do this government threatens to sell them off to shut them up.

I think that’s more that they don’t say quite what the government wants them to say.

If BBC, Channel 4 and others had been more like actual journalists we wouldn’t have had Boris. Because he’d have been hammered for his dishonesty and unsuitability for office.

These are the people who need to hold power to account not just act as court diarists and gossip columnists.

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 21:05 - Jul 25 with 1130 viewsDarth_Koont

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 21:00 - Jul 25 by XYZ

Without him getting the chance to respond - and taking it or not taking it - that's just a passionate haranguing of the LOTO - the case for the prosecution.

I'd like to hear the defense - as you say, maybe he's not being asked these questions.

He’s publicly distanced himself from his leadership pledges saying that his only REAL pledge was to get Labour into power. He said that he said that in all his hustings speeches ... again another lie.

So I don’t see what else he’s going to answer this time.

But it really doesn’t matter. I don’t believe what he says. And I don’t think he does either.

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 21:07 - Jul 25 with 1120 viewspointofblue

Speaking of power…
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62296443

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 21:09 - Jul 25 with 1107 viewsJasper

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:40 - Jul 25 by jeera

Again, you haven't said anything disagreeable but no one seems to have any ideas of how this can change/be changed.

I would like to see PR implemented, Labour split into separate new parties with each reflecting the values of its members but how is that going to happen?

Actually it would be in everyone's interests for the Tories to do the same. At least they'd be more chance of seeing each party for what they are.

It seems those who have the power to change aren't in any hurry to do so.

The whole system needs an overhaul anyway. How we've got to a place where politicians can just make stuff up and do as they please I've no idea. I used to think we were the fairest in the world because that's what I was brainwashed to believe.

Mind you, there was a time I also thought the Indians were the bad guys from the westerns I saw.

Totally agree. Shame the Trade Unions blocked Labour from supporting PR last year, but I think that at least UNISON has seen sense recently and now backed it.
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 21:14 - Jul 25 with 1092 viewsSeablu

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 20:25 - Jul 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

The f@cking irony of you of all people posting that claptrap. Self awareness fail or what.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 20:26]

I do worry about BB.
I’d just about trust him with a thermometer, but he might need supervision with a pencil and ballot paper…
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 21:16]
Login to get fewer ads

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 21:25 - Jul 25 with 1073 viewsZapers

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 21:14 - Jul 25 by Seablu

I do worry about BB.
I’d just about trust him with a thermometer, but he might need supervision with a pencil and ballot paper…
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 21:16]

I'm not sure he's qualified to use a thermometer.
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 23:12 - Jul 25 with 1025 viewsXYZ

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 21:25 - Jul 25 by Zapers

I'm not sure he's qualified to use a thermometer.

I'm not sure that you are qualified to be "not sure he's qualified"?
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 00:09 - Jul 26 with 990 viewsreusersfreekicks

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 20:44 - Jul 25 by XYZ

Did he get a chance to respond?

Cos not.
I despise the sun along with the mail and the .express.
However to refuse to use them as a point of principle while going for govt is nonsense
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 00:17 - Jul 26 with 986 viewsreusersfreekicks

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:01 - Jul 25 by Darth_Koont

That’s just 1 of the 10 broken pledges.

Saying one thing and then saying the opposite on the full range of issues is definitely Johnson-level stuff.
[Post edited 25 Jul 2022 16:01]

For the un-enlightened can you pls explain how Starmer has lied about his pledges? Is it all 10?
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 11:06 - Jun 18 with 658 viewstroyparrotsleftear

The tories
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:08 - Jun 18 with 567 viewsJackNorthStand

I wasn’t a fan of Corbyn. However I am in support of nationalising rail, water and energy - disappointed if these plans have indeed been dropped.
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:12 - Jun 18 with 564 viewsmrshallisfit

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 15:30 - Jul 25 by gazzer1999

Smarmer, that better for you?

The crucial question I want to answered gazzer is, is this type of day too hot for your favourite steak and chips.
Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:34 - Jun 18 with 545 viewspositivity

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:08 - Jun 18 by JackNorthStand

I wasn’t a fan of Corbyn. However I am in support of nationalising rail, water and energy - disappointed if these plans have indeed been dropped.

i'm in favour of nationalising rail, water, energy, the health service and many other things, but you don't do it in the middle of a recession.

if there's any money to spend i want it to be on the nhs, the environment, the cost of living for the poorest, not massive payouts to private water/rail/energy/health companies who have watertight contracts...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 16:50 - Jun 18 with 515 viewsHARRY10

Looks like Labour has dropped plans to nationilise rail, water and energy. on 14:53 - Jul 25 by SuperKieranMcKenna

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62287310.amp

Lots of rhetoric, light in detail. Whilst he’s highlighted all the key issues, he hasn’t really said what policies he’d implement to drive economic growth (besides what sounds like a think-tank).

Surely rejoining the single market would bring the biggest boost…but he’s already ruled that out.

I don't think governments can do that much to "drive economic growth". That was just a phrase used by the dimwitted Truss, as a justification for cutting wages, conditions, standards etc.

They can avoid doing the harm brexit and brexit thinking did, and still does. Piling heaps of regulation and costs on to exporters. Removing much of the labour needed. You would think that even a thicko brexiter could grasp that as the economy grows it will need more labour.

Utilities need to be run efficiently run, which is one criticism that is always labelled about privatisation. Top heavy with management, and not enough at the sharp end. Which can be seen in water, sewage and railway companies.

Have a look at what selling off military housing stock did.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jan/30/mod-lost-up-to-42bn-through-sale

thankfully (May 2023) "The UK government has won the right to take back control of thousands of military homes worth £8bn after a court ruled that the previous privatisation was a “bad deal” for the government"

Railways are being returned to public ownership, bit by bit. Private companies have asset stripped the land the public water companies once owned, as has the private Royal Mail.

It is going to take quite a while to get the country back on its feet and away from the current economics of the madhouse. State owned EU companies owning privatised UK railways and using the subsidies to help run their own trains.

Of course righties will claim it is some kind of failure because everything is not going to be sorted out from day one. Blithely ignoring why so much now needs 'sorting out'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024