Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? 22:27 - Jul 27 with 3171 views3_5_2

I’m a mix of excited, confident and worried !

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 22:56 - Jul 27 with 2439 viewsWarkystache

I didn't go but have seen the highlights - for me, we look pacier, hungry and better equipped. We've built a team that we can comfortably take into the Championship given a few extra tweaks and additions. The second goal showed more tenacity and pace than we've seen for a while.

We've got good strength in depth as well. The likes of Kayden Jackson, John-Jules, KVY, Evans, Harper and Edwards probably won't play regularly but will be good options off the bench when needed.

Saturday will show how far we've come in that regard. I don't expect another 5-2 mauling - Bolton are a dark horse this season themselves but I just feel this Ipswich team have got something to prove, and far from the early-season rumblings from Cook and his backroom team, I am convinced that McKenna and Pert will have them better organised, more fluid and dangerous from the off.

That said, anything can and will happen. It's League One.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 22:57 - Jul 27 with 2429 viewsOwainG1992

Honestly, I feel confident for this season.
Was excited last year of what might be which quickly was dissolved.
But I genuinely expect success now.
Bring it on.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:05 - Jul 27 with 2385 viewsIllinoisblue

Quite moist, to be honest. I think all our dreams are going to come true.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:07 - Jul 27 with 2380 viewsWarkystache

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 22:57 - Jul 27 by OwainG1992

Honestly, I feel confident for this season.
Was excited last year of what might be which quickly was dissolved.
But I genuinely expect success now.
Bring it on.

I just think a further year of gelling and a manager who clearly knows what he wants will probably tip the balance in our favour. That said, I won't panic if we don't hit the ground running, but my mate who went to Millwall was impressed, and he hasn't been quick to be impressed with us in pre-season for a long time.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:10 - Jul 27 with 2367 viewspeterleeblue

I think we really need a good start this year. We never recovered from last years bad one.
Fingers crossed we get a flyer.
How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:14 - Jul 27 with 2341 viewsPioneerBlue

8/10 excitement, 6/10 confident, 2/10 worried

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:16 - Jul 27 with 2336 viewsgalacticoblue

No worries mate.
Take chill pill/pint, if we win great, if we lose it will be a bit crap - but everyone will get over it.
How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:32 - Jul 27 with 2305 viewsCoastalblue

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:05 - Jul 27 by Illinoisblue

Quite moist, to be honest. I think all our dreams are going to come true.

Quite moist? Mate I'm dripping

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:36 - Jul 27 with 2299 viewsBlueBadger

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:14 - Jul 27 by PioneerBlue

8/10 excitement, 6/10 confident, 2/10 worried

That adds up to 16 mate.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2022 23:36]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:50 - Jul 27 with 2245 viewsBigCommon

Glad to get the season under way and get back to business..
How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 00:12 - Jul 28 with 2222 viewsIllinoisblue

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:32 - Jul 27 by Coastalblue

Quite moist? Mate I'm dripping

We are indeed all gagging for some hot L1 action.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 00:20 - Jul 28 with 2214 viewsjeera

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 23:36 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

That adds up to 16 mate.

Heh.

Didn't see the post before the edit but do like that it took two attempts!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 00:22 - Jul 28 with 2209 viewsOsborneOneNil

That adds up to 16 mate.

16, out of 30.
How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 05:13 - Jul 28 with 2094 viewsibbleobble

Ambivalent. Been around too long to get swept up in the annual pre-season buzz only for it to be extinguished 90 minutes into a new season. While I think McKenna is a good, competent manager, I think his lack of experience won’t get us over the line. Felt we were too weak in the final third all too often under him last season after the bluster of his arrival and I haven’t seen much in our signings to suggest our squad is better off than it was. Question is, what has he learnt that’ll prove the difference this season?
How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 05:26 - Jul 28 with 2066 viewsPioneerBlue

That adds up to 16 mate.

I like the way you have been quick to make a point that you think is amusing at my expense. Each were intended to be mutually exclusive but thanks for your comments.

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 05:28 - Jul 28 with 2060 viewsPioneerBlue

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 00:20 - Jul 28 by jeera

Heh.

Didn't see the post before the edit but do like that it took two attempts!

The joke is on you chap

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 05:35 - Jul 28 with 2049 viewsjeera

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 05:28 - Jul 28 by PioneerBlue

The joke is on you chap

How on earth does that work?

You do understand my post to badger right?

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 05:37 - Jul 28 with 2045 viewsjeera

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 05:26 - Jul 28 by PioneerBlue

I like the way you have been quick to make a point that you think is amusing at my expense. Each were intended to be mutually exclusive but thanks for your comments.

He knows that you plum.

As did I.

It's a bit of light hearted jesting.

Good grief.

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 05:53 - Jul 28 with 2003 viewsBigCommon

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 05:13 - Jul 28 by ibbleobble

Ambivalent. Been around too long to get swept up in the annual pre-season buzz only for it to be extinguished 90 minutes into a new season. While I think McKenna is a good, competent manager, I think his lack of experience won’t get us over the line. Felt we were too weak in the final third all too often under him last season after the bluster of his arrival and I haven’t seen much in our signings to suggest our squad is better off than it was. Question is, what has he learnt that’ll prove the difference this season?

Really?.. You don't think Ball is an up grade on Carol? And you don't think that Davis and Leigh have strengthened us on the left side? On top of that, I'd say we are a bigger more athletic outfit...
Get what your saying about supporters getting over expectant, pre season. But tbf on McKenna. I'd say he's learned a lot from last years squad, and duly addressed some areas. Still a month to go on the window, too..
Yeah, he is only 6 months into his first managerial job. We should remember that and give him a lift if/when things get sticky. But he's brought in some backroom staff, some mates to bounce off of, too.. We are miles ahead of last year, imo.. (Feels that way, at least, for me)...
How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 06:10 - Jul 28 with 1955 viewsPioneerBlue

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 05:37 - Jul 28 by jeera

He knows that you plum.

As did I.

It's a bit of light hearted jesting.

Good grief.

I see, thanks for your remarks.

I thought you were both trying to add up three mutually exclusive characteristics for a minute there, like you didn’t realise that it didn’t need to add up to 30. Your follow up point was equally witty, where you were making the point that it took me two times to get the maths wrong!!

I get it all now, how amusing.

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 06:23 - Jul 28 with 1936 viewsPendejo

Excited with hunt of trepidation.

Got to be this season...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 06:37 - Jul 28 with 1886 viewsibbleobble

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 05:53 - Jul 28 by BigCommon

Really?.. You don't think Ball is an up grade on Carol? And you don't think that Davis and Leigh have strengthened us on the left side? On top of that, I'd say we are a bigger more athletic outfit...
Get what your saying about supporters getting over expectant, pre season. But tbf on McKenna. I'd say he's learned a lot from last years squad, and duly addressed some areas. Still a month to go on the window, too..
Yeah, he is only 6 months into his first managerial job. We should remember that and give him a lift if/when things get sticky. But he's brought in some backroom staff, some mates to bounce off of, too.. We are miles ahead of last year, imo.. (Feels that way, at least, for me)...

Ball is the best upgrade, without question. Is Davis better than Coulson (not that he got the chance to show it here due to injury and illness)? If we’re all honest, we’re guessing and going on hype and here say more than anything else. I don’t think we’ve strengthened our front line particularly well at the moment and Harness is a down grade on Celina.

All in I’d say it’s a lukewarm foray into the market. Agree that we’ve upgraded our physicality and athleticism, which is great. We’ve got a mix of good experience and some promising young players but we’re missing a bit of craft we had previously with Celina, Bonne, Coulson and Dobra,
How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 06:39 - Jul 28 with 1877 viewsbelgablue

2 more sleeps!

I'm so excited and giddy for the first game that I haven't had time to rationally consider any alternative to a thumping Ipswich win. Morsy to score, Edwards to have a starring cameo at the end.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 07:18 - Jul 28 with 1782 viewsChondzoresk

I’m massively optimistic. I have seen enough in pre season to tell me we will be a serious force to be reckoned with. Ladapo will score plenty and I’m sure we will score plenty from other areas too. Let other teams worry about us, I’m not worried about the likes Wednesday, Bolton or Derby. Why should we be. Bring it on. 👍🍻
How does everyone feel about Saturdays game? on 07:38 - Jul 28 with 1736 viewsFunge

Ipswich Town FC are the best team in the world, and every single other football team are absolute rubbish.

That said, I think it will be good fun. Slightly nervous cos its Bolton and they're vile, but Allardyce is under a rock somewhere, and Jaaskelainen has retired.

26k in Portman Rd will be fun.

Uppa Towun.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024