Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forest Green away... 21:02 - Aug 6 with 4045 viewsbluewein

It really wasn't worth the hype, was it? I'm not sure many will be in a rush to go back if we're unfortunate enough to still be in this poxy league next season...

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Forest Green away... on 21:08 - Aug 6 with 3470 viewsSE1blue

Can see this is going to be the year of over-expectations.

We won on the road, took 3 points off a confident team, in just the second game of the season.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Forest Green away... on 21:12 - Aug 6 with 3413 viewsjeera

Forest Green away... on 21:08 - Aug 6 by SE1blue

We won on the road, took 3 points off a confident team, in just the second game of the season.

"Can see this is going to be the year of over-expectations."

This cannot be stressed enough.

It's no good fans going over the top too soon cos that smacks of some turning too soon further down the line if things aren't meeting these same expectations.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Forest Green away... on 21:13 - Aug 6 with 3398 viewsSitfcB

Yep, been there done that now.

Strange experience today

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Forest Green away... on 21:14 - Aug 6 with 3399 viewsbluewein

Forest Green away... on 21:08 - Aug 6 by SE1blue

I'm defo not talking about the result. Or the performance for that matter. But a lot of people saying they were looking forward to going to Forest Green for the experience. And as a ground, it was just... Poor.

Bus, taxi or drive 5 miles out of town. Massive fookin hill to walk up by which point you want a drink but it's pretty much rammed. Worse view than AFC Wimbledon. Can't grab a drink unless you leave the ground so afterward you can't get back in. Just seems very overhyped for me...

Forest Green away... on 21:15 - Aug 6 with 3368 viewsbluewein

Forest Green away... on 21:13 - Aug 6 by SitfcB

Yep, been there done that now.

Strange experience today

Someone actually understands what I was trying to say...

Forest Green away... on 21:15 - Aug 6 with 3355 viewsbluewein

Forest Green away... on 21:12 - Aug 6 by jeera

"Can see this is going to be the year of over-expectations."

This cannot be stressed enough.

It's no good fans going over the top too soon cos that smacks of some turning too soon further down the line if things aren't meeting these same expectations.

I was happy with the result and the performance.

But the ground has been massively overhyped...

Forest Green away... on 21:19 - Aug 6 with 3301 viewsjeera

Forest Green away... on 21:15 - Aug 6 by bluewein

Wasn't aimed at you buh.

More to the world in general.

Forest Green away... on 21:24 - Aug 6 with 3232 viewsbluewein

Forest Green away... on 21:19 - Aug 6 by jeera

Wasn't aimed at you buh.

More to the world in general.

Fair. I definitely heard some of that today.

Highlights included Ladapo being unable to control a ball that flew towards him from close range and the shout of "That's our fookin main striker right there", "Don't worry about Celina, we've got Harness";in a hugely sarcastic shout about 8 times before he scored and "Burns has his head up his own arse and doesn't care about us now he's played for Wales"

All by the same bloke...🤦🏻‍♂️

Login to get fewer ads

Forest Green away... on 21:26 - Aug 6 with 3203 viewsjeera

Forest Green away... on 21:24 - Aug 6 by bluewein

Fair. I definitely heard some of that today.

Highlights included Ladapo being unable to control a ball that flew towards him from close range and the shout of "That's our fookin main striker right there", "Don't worry about Celina, we've got Harness";in a hugely sarcastic shout about 8 times before he scored and "Burns has his head up his own arse and doesn't care about us now he's played for Wales"

All by the same bloke...🤦🏻‍♂️

Some people shouldn't be allowed out but there ya go.

On the plus side every club has them and not just us!

Forest Green away... on 21:27 - Aug 6 with 3183 viewsbluewein

Forest Green away... on 21:26 - Aug 6 by jeera

I'm really not sure. We do seem to attract a special kind of bell whif at times...

Forest Green away... on 21:44 - Aug 6 with 3071 viewsHciwspi

Trouble is, at a lot of league one grounds (like Forest Greens) our players will be able to hear every word these pillocks are shouting out. Somewhere like Hillsborough they’re up high out of harms way.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 21:44]
Forest Green away... on 21:45 - Aug 6 with 3039 viewsazuremerlangus

A big load of fuss of nothing.

Mental traffic afterwards was hardly ‘green’

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Forest Green away... on 21:51 - Aug 6 with 2923 viewsChurchman

Forest Green away... on 21:26 - Aug 6 by jeera

Absolutely. When my dad worked and lived in Torbay for a while many years ago, we’d always do a game when I visited. You want to hear some of the abuse heaped upon players that I did - and given the small crowds at Torquay and Exeter, the victims heard every word.
Forest Green away... on 21:54 - Aug 6 with 2875 viewsSitfcB

Forest Green away... on 21:45 - Aug 6 by azuremerlangus

I thought that ha, we were waiting in the school car park, didn’t get out until 17:50, a lot of cars running during all that time

COYB

Forest Green away... on 22:00 - Aug 6 with 2845 viewsSteve_M

That’s probably a really pleasant away day in a picturesque part of the country for a club with 500 fans on a cooler day than today.

Glad I’ve been but very much hope it’s a cup game if we go there again. Trying to get a bus back to Stroud was hard work, especially as they wouldn’t go directly from Nailsworth but had to go up past the bloody ground again and then got stuck behind 100s of cars.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 7:34]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Forest Green away... on 22:14 - Aug 6 with 2746 viewsEastTownBlue

I’m sure that most of the hype was from the ground tickers such as myself. Presumably there were a few out to enjoy a non league style venue.

Point taken though, having been there I’m in no hurry to return. A most unusual location it must be said for a football ground.
Forest Green away... on 22:20 - Aug 6 with 2707 viewsazuremerlangus

Forest Green away... on 22:00 - Aug 6 by Steve_M

That’s probably a really pleasant away day in a picturesque part of the country for a club with 500 fans on a cooler day than today.

Glad I’ve been but very much hope it’s a cup game if we go there again. Trying to get a bus back to Stroud was hard work, especially as they wouldn’t go directly from Nailsworth but had to go up past the bloody ground again and then got stuck behind 100s of cars.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2022 7:34]

Trouble is they are now in L1 which means bigger clubs visiting with larger numbers. They need to quickly sort out the logistics (inside and outside the ground) otherwise their green credentials will appear even more than a gimmick than it already seems to me after today.

Having said that I did enjoy the some of the ‘green’ novelty - but not long queues, expensive prices (I thought vegetables were cheaper than meat?), poor/slow service which you generally get everywhere else.

Anyway, great result considering it started to have the whiff of the Cambridge away at one stage. 3 points was more important than anything else today - including rising sea levels etc…
[Post edited 6 Aug 2022 22:21]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Forest Green away... on 23:07 - Aug 6 with 2484 viewslizzibee

Forest Green away... on 21:14 - Aug 6 by bluewein

I'm defo not talking about the result. Or the performance for that matter. But a lot of people saying they were looking forward to going to Forest Green for the experience. And as a ground, it was just... Poor.

Bus, taxi or drive 5 miles out of town. Massive fookin hill to walk up by which point you want a drink but it's pretty much rammed. Worse view than AFC Wimbledon. Can't grab a drink unless you leave the ground so afterward you can't get back in. Just seems very overhyped for me...

But, there was free water and stewards handing out cups. I know that’s a small thing but given the heat I thought that was great and more clubs should do.
Forest Green away... on 23:40 - Aug 6 with 2357 viewshatch

One of my close friends lives half a mile walk from the ground down near Nailsworth river so was looking forward to the accommodation but sadly tied up today. Think I’d have loved it regardless given how easy it would have been.

Instead I’m down the road in Bath for a weekend away
Forest Green away... on 11:06 - Aug 7 with 1860 viewsClareBlue

The bus situation was strange. I would say they are used to taking a couple of hundred to Stroud and were a bit overwhelmed yesterday. Could of had a couple not going up the hill and getting stuck coming back down. It's basically a well run non league club who have got promoted to where some bigger clubs have been relegated to. It's not a great mix to be honest. Friendly enough though and an enjoyable day as a one off.
Forest Green away... on 13:50 - Aug 7 with 1670 viewsLeaky

I think the farmer who owned the field we parked in, rather enjoyed it charging £10 a car. However worth it, not to have to walk up that hill.
Forest Green away... on 15:32 - Aug 7 with 1524 viewsEastTownBlue

Forest Green away... on 11:06 - Aug 7 by ClareBlue

The bus situation was strange. I would say they are used to taking a couple of hundred to Stroud and were a bit overwhelmed yesterday. Could of had a couple not going up the hill and getting stuck coming back down. It's basically a well run non league club who have got promoted to where some bigger clubs have been relegated to. It's not a great mix to be honest. Friendly enough though and an enjoyable day as a one off.

Not helped by the duration of the match which I meant that I saw the 17:04 to Stroud departing with hardly anyone on it. After yesterday with most visiting teams this season it won't be a problem with the exception of Sheffield Weds and Derby.
Forest Green away... on 15:52 - Aug 7 with 1474 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Forest Green away... on 21:45 - Aug 6 by azuremerlangus

Just wait until they move into their new ground.

An environmentally aware 15,000 all seater, the first stadium in years, to be built entirely of wood.

Right next to J13 of the M5, with no rail connections, so every supporter will have to drive there. Vance is full of shoite generally, and much of the hype is geared up to sell his electricity.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Forest Green away... on 15:53 - Aug 7 with 1477 viewsBluebell

Forest Green away... on 13:50 - Aug 7 by Leaky

I think the farmer who owned the field we parked in, rather enjoyed it charging £10 a car. However worth it, not to have to walk up that hill.

Exactly what we said.

Not sure why there was a car parked across the road stopping cars from getting onto the roundabout outside the ground. It meant we had to turn left out of the field but worked out well for us once the sat nav picked up where we were.
Forest Green away... on 22:13 - Aug 7 with 1247 viewsSitfcB

Forest Green away... on 15:53 - Aug 7 by Bluebell

Exactly what we said.

Not sure why there was a car parked across the road stopping cars from getting onto the roundabout outside the ground. It meant we had to turn left out of the field but worked out well for us once the sat nav picked up where we were.

They were letting the ‘main’ road clear before reopening, we came in down that country lane. They didn’t let us out of the school car park until that main road had cleared, we finally got out around 17:50, but they didn’t charge anyone because of the wait, on the way back down that country lane we noticed that the farmers field was empty and all shut up, may have been worth parking there to get the quicker getaway

COYB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024