Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The police are completely useless 11:41 - Aug 11 with 5049 viewschicoazul

How much longer must we all put up with this useless frail incompetent ugly organisation in its current form? They are entirely opposite from what they should be, cowering in their offices cars and bunkers while this goes on; Burglary, robbery and theft victims failed by police - watchdog https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62491194

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The police are completely useless on 20:58 - Aug 11 with 603 viewschicoazul

The police are completely useless on 18:23 - Aug 11 by noggin

I don't know. Why do you think we live in a society with so little respect for teachers, paramedics and firefighters?

You seem desperate to change the point of the thread.
The police are treated so badly in part, I believe, because very few people respect them and the office they hold due in large part to them debauching it. The police are seen as a laughable irrelevance by many.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

The police are completely useless on 21:09 - Aug 11 with 575 viewsnoggin

The police are completely useless on 20:58 - Aug 11 by chicoazul

The police are treated so badly in part, I believe, because very few people respect them and the office they hold due in large part to them debauching it. The police are seen as a laughable irrelevance by many.

You didn't answer my question.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The police are completely useless on 21:15 - Aug 11 with 566 viewsZXBlue

The police are completely useless on 20:58 - Aug 11 by chicoazul

And you claim to know that the reason is that they are a bunch of feckless people who dont care, based on nothing but "i reckon".

And you wilfully ignore the massive issues on funding, in a way you wouldnt for nurses. Because your government is reposnsible
The police are completely useless on 22:19 - Aug 11 with 535 viewsghostofescobar

Mmmm, bit pants from Ghost in the Machine, but harsh to say completely useless.

GhostOfEscobar

The police are completely useless on 23:07 - Aug 11 with 497 viewschicoazul

The police are completely useless on 21:09 - Aug 11 by noggin

You didn't answer my question.

Nor you mine.

The police are completely useless on 23:08 - Aug 11 with 493 viewschicoazul

The police are completely useless on 21:15 - Aug 11 by ZXBlue

And you claim to know that the reason is that they are a bunch of feckless people who dont care, based on nothing but "i reckon".

And you wilfully ignore the massive issues on funding, in a way you wouldnt for nurses. Because your government is reposnsible

Based on that, and the link I provided from the bbc. Unless they’re lying? I suppose it’s possible.

The police are completely useless on 23:54 - Aug 11 with 467 viewsZXBlue

The police are completely useless on 23:08 - Aug 11 by chicoazul

Based on that, and the link I provided from the bbc. Unless they’re lying? I suppose it’s possible.

The link shows nothing other than an single person being a muppet.

Seriously...
The police are completely useless on 00:22 - Aug 12 with 457 viewschicoazul

The police are completely useless on 23:54 - Aug 11 by ZXBlue

The link shows nothing other than an single person being a muppet.

Seriously...

I don’t think you’ve read it properly.

Login to get fewer ads

The police are completely useless on 00:43 - Aug 12 with 447 viewsjeera

The police are completely useless on 18:19 - Aug 11 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I’ll add my 10 cents having read through most of the posts.. I think like most subjects we all have a predetermined opinion and naturally lean towards articles, opinions that align with our own.

The truth is it is far more complex and every single force is very different, but each have their own deep rooted issues.

They do however share some very similar problems, the most obvious being resources.. not just within police, but other public services. From experience I would say policing is over 60% dealing with medical issues, mental health problems and missing persons. This is all from the huge lack of resourcing in social care, health and so on and so forth.. Police are the ones who get called to mop up when there isn’t anyone else and in majority of cases are not the most appropriate agency. For instance I know of days where officers are sat with patients waiting for ambulances or taking them to hospital and waiting with them in A&E and that extends over single shifts.

The second major factor is the Criminal justice system is simply not effective. It costs minimum of £5k for a case to be heard at court so in many instances the CPS (or Police) decide it is not in the public interest to pursue, particularly as even in serious and sexual offences, the wait for court dates is getting beyond ridiculous. It is not fair on victims and that is the CPS, Courts etc. but naturally police as public facing get the blame.

There is also a worrying reduction in CPS actually authorising charges when there are offences and taking forever to actually return case files with further actions so crimes actually time out in terms of offences only being chargeable for 6 months from the incident.. therefore opportunities missed, obviously missed by police but also CPS

Also, I’ve spent 5 hours in A&E yesterday and saw 4 nurses and 2 paramedics with lollipops. Lazy barstewards
[Post edited 11 Aug 2022 18:39]

"Also, I’ve spent 5 hours in A&E yesterday and saw 4 nurses and 2 paramedics with lollipops. Lazy barstewards"

Perhaps they are struggling with the cost of living so much they are now taking on second jobs helping children across the road.

As always I have a lot of time for you knowing your profession.

So with no wish to contradict you whatsoever I don't fully understand how this thread has gone given the problems that have been very publicly exposed over the years regarding the police in general. I say in general because I mean in generalised terms.

We have seen incompetence across the country from the Met to the Midlands to Yorkshire, all in well-documented fashion time and again systematic failings.

It must be awful for people like yourself who have to read/listen to reports of these failings that you have played no part in. It's not fair nor is it representative of what you are about.

That said. The best amongst you need to speak up and make your thoughts known, about the way each regional force is run and how you believe as a professional things could be improved.

It is a matter of public concern, as I'm sure you can understand, that given a lot of the issues we have all become familiar with that there have been many serious institutional failings, to say the least.

No one in their right mind would argue the ridiculous lack of funding, but that mustn't become a veil for the way some forces have been managed.

And it feels that some have long lost sight of their purpose to protect and serve the public, rather becoming insulated and self-preserving.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 0:47]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The police are completely useless on 08:50 - Aug 12 with 376 viewsZXBlue

The police are completely useless on 00:22 - Aug 12 by chicoazul

I don’t think you’ve read it properly.

Apologies, thought you meant a different link. The original link shows that police are not doing what we would wish and failing in a number of areas. No one disputes that, and it is no answer to the points made which you are ducking.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024