Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The police are completely useless 11:41 - Aug 11 with 5052 viewschicoazul

How much longer must we all put up with this useless frail incompetent ugly organisation in its current form? They are entirely opposite from what they should be, cowering in their offices cars and bunkers while this goes on; Burglary, robbery and theft victims failed by police - watchdog https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62491194

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The police are completely useless on 13:45 - Aug 11 with 847 viewsunbelievablue

The police are completely useless on 13:11 - Aug 11 by PrideOfTheEast

I don't know the ins and outs of funding etc but where we live in SE London there doesn't seem to be a lack of officers in the local cafe every breakfast and lunch time. They are nowhere to be seen when cars get nicked (probably weekly - often in daylight), however.

Somebody broke into our car a few months ago but couldn't start it so there was actually nothing other than a bit of mess. A neighbour had a fairly decent bit of footage of the blokes doing it - we gave it to the police who just said they didn't have the resources to pursue it. I asked at what point they would get involved in situations like this and they said that they'd assist in retrieving a vehicle if it had actually been stolen, or where there is harm to a person (perhaps a person trying to protect their possessions). I literally burst out laughing. Complete waste of time.

In other news, BC has a lovely new motor.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The police are completely useless on 13:47 - Aug 11 with 839 viewsWallingford_Boy

The police are completely useless on 12:12 - Aug 11 by chicoazul

It’s not the governments fault if the police have a lackadaisical could care less attitude to what they clearly consider minor crimes. They could triple their funding and it won’t change that fundamental. The police are completely useless almost all the time.

For once.. I agree with you.

Mate had his van nicked, caught on CCTV, police not interested.

The football club I coach at recently had a spate of vandalism, cuplrits caught on CCTV, police didn't even return calls!

This is leafy Oxfordshire, not South Central LA, what do they do all day?!

RIP Sir Bobby

The police are completely useless on 13:56 - Aug 11 with 820 viewsronnyd

The police are completely useless on 11:56 - Aug 11 by jeera

Although true enough regards funding the police have treated burglary and car theft with little to no concern for a long time now.

Some friends of mine were burgled, they were a young couple, just moved into their first home with their first chid; a baby just a few weeks old, and some bas***d broke into their home.

They were devastated and the wife was really shaken.

The police casually showed up several days later and weren't really interested. This was getting on for some 30 years ago.

It's insane they quote this level of crime to be so common to not have the resources to tackle it without considering one of the reasons the rate has risen is because of their lax attitude towards it.

My parents were burgled many years ago now. The thief took spirits and meat from the freezer. He left footprints on the window sills and ledge, over the flat outhouse roof and a trail up various back gardens to the house of a well known local tealeaf. My Dad, rest his soul, followed the trail and then informed the police. Sorry, can't send anyone out yet was the response. By the time they did attend, it had rained heavily and all clues were washed away. This was probably 30/40 years ago so, as formally said, it's nothing new i'm afraid.
The police are completely useless on 14:01 - Aug 11 with 813 viewschicoazul

The police are completely useless on 13:06 - Aug 11 by ZXBlue

And because most police are decent people, doing a dangerous stressful job, who are as frustrated as everyone else that they don't have the resources to do it properly.

People always say this. The people are decent etc they’re trying their best. And yet still they are almost totally useless, as is borne out by almost every metric they are measured against.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

The police are completely useless on 14:02 - Aug 11 with 807 viewsunbelievablue

The police are completely useless on 14:01 - Aug 11 by chicoazul

People always say this. The people are decent etc they’re trying their best. And yet still they are almost totally useless, as is borne out by almost every metric they are measured against.

You can be a good person and bad at your job, though.

Good person, bad at their job.
Bad person, good at their job.
Good person, good at their job.
Bad person, bad at their job.

'The police' obviously has all of the above.

The police are completely useless on 14:04 - Aug 11 with 806 viewsgiant_stow

The police are completely useless on 14:01 - Aug 11 by chicoazul

I'm interested in how you can tell what caused this failure though - metrics of failure only show the end-result surely? What tells you its a poor attitude / culture / laziness?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The police are completely useless on 14:05 - Aug 11 with 788 viewschicoazul

The police are completely useless on 13:47 - Aug 11 by Wallingford_Boy

For once.. I agree with you.

Mate had his van nicked, caught on CCTV, police not interested.

The football club I coach at recently had a spate of vandalism, cuplrits caught on CCTV, police didn't even return calls!

This is leafy Oxfordshire, not South Central LA, what do they do all day?!

As we see from this thread there are many such cases. But one can’t possibly point out both the apocryphal and actual evidence for their uselessness without a few people crying about how nice they are how hard their job is how little funding they have an infinitum ad nauseum. How about we actually get them to do what they’re literally designed to do; prevent crime and solve it & present the accused for justice when caught?

The police are completely useless on 14:11 - Aug 11 with 761 viewschicoazul

The police are completely useless on 14:04 - Aug 11 by giant_stow

I'm interested in how you can tell what caused this failure though - metrics of failure only show the end-result surely? What tells you its a poor attitude / culture / laziness?

Somewhere between 7 and 9% of crimes see a charge or summons. A simple damning statistic.

Login to get fewer ads

The police are completely useless on 14:18 - Aug 11 with 753 viewsgiant_stow

The police are completely useless on 14:11 - Aug 11 by chicoazul

Somewhere between 7 and 9% of crimes see a charge or summons. A simple damning statistic.

That is indeed terrible, but how do you know it's not caused by lack of resources? I have no dog in this one - just interested...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The police are completely useless on 14:27 - Aug 11 with 746 viewsWallingford_Boy

The police are completely useless on 14:18 - Aug 11 by giant_stow

That is indeed terrible, but how do you know it's not caused by lack of resources? I have no dog in this one - just interested...

As per my above post, police not returning calls.... could be resources.

Police having clear CCTV (including number plate) of criminals and contacting my mate to say "we are closing the case as do not have sufficient evidence", not down to resources.

RIP Sir Bobby

The police are completely useless on 14:28 - Aug 11 with 742 viewsunbelievablue

The police are completely useless on 14:27 - Aug 11 by Wallingford_Boy

Police having clear CCTV (including number plate) of criminals and contacting my mate to say "we are closing the case as do not have sufficient evidence", not down to resources.

But it could be due to targets related to crime type etc.

Regardless, complete joke.

The police are completely useless on 14:28 - Aug 11 with 742 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The police are completely useless on 13:45 - Aug 11 by unbelievablue

In other news, BC has a lovely new motor.

Oh dear - I give it a few months!
The police are completely useless on 14:29 - Aug 11 with 741 viewsgiant_stow

The police are completely useless on 14:27 - Aug 11 by Wallingford_Boy

How do you know that though? Maybe they didn't have the manpower to chase the number plate and had to prioritise and it was easier to spin your mate a line? Thats all I'm getting at.

The police are completely useless on 14:31 - Aug 11 with 738 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Assume a lot of crime is opportunistic, and would be prevented by patrolling but you rarely see a police officer or police car these days.

Basically you have to turn your house or car into Fort Knox and hope they move onto a softer target.

Pretty sure a lot of it is from funding cuts. Imagine the Rees-Moggs of the world would rather we took care of our own security and keep an AR-15 under the pillow USA style, rather than adequately fund the Police.
The police are completely useless on 14:32 - Aug 11 with 739 viewsnoggin

The police are completely useless on 13:11 - Aug 11 by PrideOfTheEast

I don't know the ins and outs of funding etc but where we live in SE London there doesn't seem to be a lack of officers in the local cafe every breakfast and lunch time. They are nowhere to be seen when cars get nicked (probably weekly - often in daylight), however.

Somebody broke into our car a few months ago but couldn't start it so there was actually nothing other than a bit of mess. A neighbour had a fairly decent bit of footage of the blokes doing it - we gave it to the police who just said they didn't have the resources to pursue it. I asked at what point they would get involved in situations like this and they said that they'd assist in retrieving a vehicle if it had actually been stolen, or where there is harm to a person (perhaps a person trying to protect their possessions). I literally burst out laughing. Complete waste of time.

Public sector workers shouldn't be eating.

I was on a late shift yesterday 3-11. I didn't get as much a a 5 minute break and finally got home at midnight. For me this is unusual but for London crews, it's the norm. It's completely unsustainable.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The police are completely useless on 14:39 - Aug 11 with 716 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The police are completely useless on 14:32 - Aug 11 by noggin

Public sector workers shouldn't be eating.

I was on a late shift yesterday 3-11. I didn't get as much a a 5 minute break and finally got home at midnight. For me this is unusual but for London crews, it's the norm. It's completely unsustainable.

From the room I work in at home I can swing round, look out the window and see police cars parked up outside the café. It's actually not open today which is a shame as I was going to demonstrate how long some of them spend in there on a lunch break. It's often well over an hour.
The police are completely useless on 14:42 - Aug 11 with 708 viewsnoggin

The police are completely useless on 14:39 - Aug 11 by PrideOfTheEast

From the room I work in at home I can swing round, look out the window and see police cars parked up outside the café. It's actually not open today which is a shame as I was going to demonstrate how long some of them spend in there on a lunch break. It's often well over an hour.

Have you reported your concerns to the relevant authorities? Where do you live?

The police are completely useless on 14:43 - Aug 11 with 697 viewsunbelievablue

The police are completely useless on 14:42 - Aug 11 by noggin

He tried to but they're all at lunch.

The police are completely useless on 14:43 - Aug 11 with 695 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The police are completely useless on 14:42 - Aug 11 by noggin

Only when somebody tried to steal my car. See post above - in that same conversation I did mention that it isn't a great look to have zero patrols in the area but 50 odd officers taking over the local cafe at lunchtimes.

SE London.
The police are completely useless on 14:46 - Aug 11 with 682 viewsnoggin

The police are completely useless on 14:43 - Aug 11 by PrideOfTheEast

Only when somebody tried to steal my car. See post above - in that same conversation I did mention that it isn't a great look to have zero patrols in the area but 50 odd officers taking over the local cafe at lunchtimes.

SE London.

50 odd officers, really?

I can't answer for the police but I do know people have complained about ambulance crews using cafes. Fekking busy pricks.

The police are completely useless on 14:56 - Aug 11 with 652 viewsPrideOfTheEast

The police are completely useless on 14:46 - Aug 11 by noggin

50 odd officers, really?

I can't answer for the police but I do know people have complained about ambulance crews using cafes. Fekking busy pricks.

Yes, really.
The police are completely useless on 16:37 - Aug 11 with 584 viewsnoggin

The police are completely useless on 14:56 - Aug 11 by PrideOfTheEast

Yes, really.

Big cafe. I find that hard to believe but if you say so...

The police are completely useless on 16:41 - Aug 11 with 583 viewsKropotkin123

Should have reported it as a climate change protest. They would have been down there within minutes.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

The police are completely useless on 16:41 - Aug 11 with 581 viewschicoazul

The police are completely useless on 13:16 - Aug 11 by tractor_lady

You really don’t have a clue do you, maybe try joining the force if you think it’s a outing sitting around hiding, I’d give you a week max….

West Midlands PC made up claim fake girlfriend died of cancer https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-62506363

Great guys the police eh?

The police are completely useless on 16:42 - Aug 11 with 574 viewsnoggin

The police are completely useless on 16:41 - Aug 11 by chicoazul

West Midlands PC made up claim fake girlfriend died of cancer https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-62506363

Great guys the police eh?

The police?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024