Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack Ross....remember him? 07:34 - Aug 12 with 2418 viewshomer_123

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62479222

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Jack Ross....remember him? on 07:51 - Aug 12 with 2259 viewsMetal_Hacker

In all fairness , you've got to be a decent team to beat AZ

Poll: If it were one or the other

Jack Ross....remember him? on 08:12 - Aug 12 with 2174 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Would have been 100x better than Hurst.
But would never of come here to be hamstrung by Evans.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Jack Ross....remember him? on 08:45 - Aug 12 with 2039 viewspatrickswell

Jack Ross....remember him? on 08:12 - Aug 12 by Cheltenham_Blue

I think we'd have still gone down even with Ross in charge, given the rot that Evans was enacting, but unlike Hurst, I don't think Ross would have been detested by the squad by the end of his first week in charge.
Jack Ross....remember him? on 08:53 - Aug 12 with 1995 viewsNthQldITFC

The possession stats are apt.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Jack Ross....remember him? on 09:01 - Aug 12 with 1933 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Jack Ross....remember him? on 08:45 - Aug 12 by patrickswell

I think we'd have still gone down even with Ross in charge, given the rot that Evans was enacting, but unlike Hurst, I don't think Ross would have been detested by the squad by the end of his first week in charge.

I seriously don't think Ross would ever have come. Not with Evans' plans that summer, which as is apparent now, was cutting the wage bill. Hirst as a lower league manager thought he knew how to do it.

Hurst brought in £5m more than he spent. Ross went to Sunderland, who were still mad spending.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Jack Ross....remember him? on 09:52 - Aug 12 with 1700 viewsRadlett_blue

I doubt Jack Ross would have spent £5.8m on 6 average League One players. He might have wasted a few quid on some average Scottish journeymen, but if he'd have been in charge we might have stayed up & there is no possible world in which he could have created the mess that Hurst did.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Jack Ross....remember him? on 10:04 - Aug 12 with 1604 viewssuffolkpoker

I always wanted Jack Ross over Hurst. I doubt either would of worked out tbh

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Jack Ross....remember him? on 10:26 - Aug 12 with 1406 viewsPioneerBlue

Hurst, Ross, ten Hag it would have made no difference to the outcome that season given the team Mick left behind and the way Evans allowed managers to build their teams without any oversight other than by the senior pros in the squad.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 14:21]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Login to get fewer ads

Jack Ross....remember him? on 13:47 - Aug 12 with 1079 viewsRadlett_blue

Jack Ross....remember him? on 10:26 - Aug 12 by PioneerBlue

Hurst, Ross, ten Hag it would have made no difference to the outcome that season given the team Mick left behind and the way Evans allowed managers to build their teams without any oversight other than by the senior pros in the squad.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2022 14:21]

Town were on the downgrade as the amount Evans was prepared to lose paled in contrast to other Championship owners. Once the squad lost Webster, McGoldrick, Waghorn & Garner it was going to be a tough season, but a decent manager would have made Town at least competitive relegation battlers.

Jack Ross....remember him? on 14:11 - Aug 12 with 1007 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Jack Ross....remember him? on 13:47 - Aug 12 by Radlett_blue

Town were on the downgrade as the amount Evans was prepared to lose paled in contrast to other Championship owners. Once the squad lost Webster, McGoldrick, Waghorn & Garner it was going to be a tough season, but a decent manager would have made Town at least competitive relegation battlers.

The players were a disgrace. They have been the biggest insult ever to our shirt.

They didn't like Hurst and I can get that. But they got their wish as they did beg Evans to sack him. What was the problem for them after Hurst's departure? Why weren't they bothered to put in an effort and fight?

The manner of some defeats, the manner in which we'd concede some goals. Lack of interest, lack of effort. The worst mob ever to have worn our shirts.
Jack Ross....remember him? on 15:49 - Aug 12 with 857 viewsRadlett_blue

Jack Ross....remember him? on 14:11 - Aug 12 by Mach_foreignBlue

The players were a disgrace. They have been the biggest insult ever to our shirt.

They didn't like Hurst and I can get that. But they got their wish as they did beg Evans to sack him. What was the problem for them after Hurst's departure? Why weren't they bothered to put in an effort and fight?

The manner of some defeats, the manner in which we'd concede some goals. Lack of interest, lack of effort. The worst mob ever to have worn our shirts.

Hurst fractured the dressing room & by the time Lambert came in, I think most of the players felt deep down that the game was up & Town were going down. It doesn't mean that they didn't try, just that when we fell behind, they thought "Here we go again".

Jack Ross....remember him? on 15:58 - Aug 12 with 840 viewstractordownsouth

Agreed. In 2018 Sunderland was a more attractive job than Town. The salary from his perspective was probably the same and he had a much better chance to build his career winning a L1 title than plodding around in mid-table with us without any prospect of promotion.

Of course it didn't pan out that way but taking my Town bias aside, I'd have made the same decision.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024