Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfers in and out? 16:11 - Aug 18 with 3072 viewsFrankfurtBlue

If, as it would seem from KMc's latest comments, we are still looking for an additional player, surely we need to be moving on a player or two? If I am not wrong, we are bang on the squad limit of 22 (without GKs and U21s). Presumably, Penney is deemed surplus to requirements, now we have Davis and Leigh. I would have thought that Ndaba would want a loan, if he is now 6th choice CB. Aside from Simpson, any other likely departures?
Transfers in and out? on 16:17 - Aug 18 with 2601 viewsIllinoisblue

Harper.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Transfers in and out? on 16:22 - Aug 18 with 2575 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Transfers in and out? on 16:17 - Aug 18 by Illinoisblue

Harper.

Harper is what 4th choice, maybe 5th, if you put Humphreys ahead of him? Think I would be inclined to keep him as cover.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 16:23]
Transfers in and out? on 16:22 - Aug 18 with 2572 viewshomer_123

Simpson, Penney, Burgess and Harper are the obvious ones.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Transfers in and out? on 16:23 - Aug 18 with 2536 viewsFrimleyBlue

Potentially imo

Penney sold
Harper sold
Humphries loan
Ndaba loan

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Transfers in and out? on 16:26 - Aug 18 with 2545 viewsKieran_Knows

I'm sure if we could shift Burgess, we would. But we wouldn't get anywhere near the money we paid for him. A loan maybe at the end of the window if someone is desperate?

I suspect Penney will go as well.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Transfers in and out? on 16:37 - Aug 18 with 2470 viewsPioneerBlue

I make us 20 based on allowed GKs and U21s which was all covered in an earlier summer thread. It is sounding like potentially two others we are looking at, but selection is critical with a squad set on the direction we are heading.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Transfers in and out? on 16:58 - Aug 18 with 2375 viewsIpswichKnight

Hladky if we get want we want, the 3rd choice keeper signed a new deal recently so I wouldn’t be surprised to see Hladky out of the door come the end of the windoe
Transfers in and out? on 17:04 - Aug 18 with 2335 viewsjayessess

Transfers in and out? on 16:23 - Aug 18 by FrimleyBlue

Potentially imo

Penney sold
Harper sold
Humphries loan
Ndaba loan

Either/or on Harper/Humphries, surely? Three centre midfielders isn't enough and our track record of recruiting centre midfielders for squad depth is dire.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Login to get fewer ads

Transfers in and out? on 17:09 - Aug 18 with 2309 viewsjaykay

maybe i've been asleep but what has happened to kyle edwards

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Transfers in and out? on 17:11 - Aug 18 with 2277 viewsFrimleyBlue

Transfers in and out? on 17:04 - Aug 18 by jayessess

Either/or on Harper/Humphries, surely? Three centre midfielders isn't enough and our track record of recruiting centre midfielders for squad depth is dire.

Got a feeling KM will bring in another CM. Agree we've not had a great record.. but I don't see him being comfortable with just ball. Evans and morsy. Harper I don't think he could trust and is cm humphreys best position?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Transfers in and out? on 17:15 - Aug 18 with 2287 viewsHalifaxBlue

Transfers in and out? on 17:04 - Aug 18 by jayessess

Yeah, doesn't make sense to let anyone go who would need to be replaced at this point. Can't roll with any less than 4 senior CMs.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Transfers in and out? on 17:18 - Aug 18 with 2280 viewsHalifaxBlue

Transfers in and out? on 17:11 - Aug 18 by FrimleyBlue

Got a feeling KM will bring in another CM. Agree we've not had a great record.. but I don't see him being comfortable with just ball. Evans and morsy. Harper I don't think he could trust and is cm humphreys best position?

If Humphreys is sticking around then I think the intent is to play him. Can't see him spending another whole year playing only in the 23s. I know he can play either left sided position as well, but we are more than covered in those areas, surely if he's in the first team it's as a CM? I always thought that was where he was natural, but I know there are others on here who would know better than me.

Transfers in and out? on 17:37 - Aug 18 with 2199 viewsjayessess

I dunno, I think we might leave things as they are in there. Personally, I would have felt a lot more comfortable keeping El Mizouni around rather than Harper, but by all accounts our planning seems to have evolved around Harper as fourth-choice midfielder.

I think it'd be an odd to wait until now to sort it out if that was our thinking.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Transfers in and out? on 17:47 - Aug 18 with 2171 viewspointofblue

Still have my doubts about Vincent-Young and Edwards, considering both were overlooked for the right wing back role at Burton.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Transfers in and out? on 17:57 - Aug 18 with 2156 viewsHalifaxBlue

Transfers in and out? on 17:47 - Aug 18 by pointofblue

Still have my doubts about Vincent-Young and Edwards, considering both were overlooked for the right wing back role at Burton.

McK is a very pragmatic, horses-for-courses manager. I don't so much think they were overlooked, he just wanted something different on the right. Jackson was chosen there, he is hardly a right wing back. He saw Donacien as cover enough on the right, and chose to play with essentially a winger rather than a wing-back. KVY and Edwards will have their uses for him this year I'd think.

Transfers in and out? on 21:59 - Aug 18 with 1917 viewscbower

Ball?
Sorry I missed your reference to Ball. No capital letters you see!
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 22:01]

bluescouser

Transfers in and out? on 07:41 - Aug 19 with 1652 viewscressi

Think 2 / 3 will go whether that be loan or sell and 2 will come in by end of window.
Transfers in and out? on 08:23 - Aug 19 with 1544 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Transfers in and out? on 16:37 - Aug 18 by PioneerBlue

I make us 20 based on allowed GKs and U21s which was all covered in an earlier summer thread. It is sounding like potentially two others we are looking at, but selection is critical with a squad set on the direction we are heading.

Not sure how you only get 20. I still make it 22, from the following list, which is the maximum allowable squad size. If, as KMc pretty much confirmed, they are looking at bringing in (at least) one more, then they must also be trying to shift, at least, one out.

(1 Christian WALTON)
2 Richard KEOGH
3 Leif DAVIS
4 George EDMUNDSON
5 Sam MORSY
6 Luke WOOLFENDEN
7 Wes BURNS
8 Lee EVANS
9 Freddie LADAPO
10 Conor CHAPLIN
11 Marcus HARNESS
12 Dominic BALL
14 Tyreece JOHN-JULES
15 Cameron BURGESS
16 Rekeem HARPER
(17 Ed SHEERAN)
19 Kayden JACKSON
20 Matt PENNEY
21 Greg LEIGH
23 Sone ALUKO
24 Kane VINCENT-YOUNG
26 Corrie NDABA
29 Kyle EDWARDS
(30 Cameron HUMPHREYS)
(31 Vaclav HLADKY)
(32 Nick HAYES)
44 Janoi DONACIEN
Transfers in and out? on 08:38 - Aug 19 with 1470 viewsBeckets

Transfers in and out? on 08:23 - Aug 19 by FrankfurtBlue

Not sure how you only get 20. I still make it 22, from the following list, which is the maximum allowable squad size. If, as KMc pretty much confirmed, they are looking at bringing in (at least) one more, then they must also be trying to shift, at least, one out.

(1 Christian WALTON)
2 Richard KEOGH
3 Leif DAVIS
4 George EDMUNDSON
5 Sam MORSY
6 Luke WOOLFENDEN
7 Wes BURNS
8 Lee EVANS
9 Freddie LADAPO
10 Conor CHAPLIN
11 Marcus HARNESS
12 Dominic BALL
14 Tyreece JOHN-JULES
15 Cameron BURGESS
16 Rekeem HARPER
(17 Ed SHEERAN)
19 Kayden JACKSON
20 Matt PENNEY
21 Greg LEIGH
23 Sone ALUKO
24 Kane VINCENT-YOUNG
26 Corrie NDABA
29 Kyle EDWARDS
(30 Cameron HUMPHREYS)
(31 Vaclav HLADKY)
(32 Nick HAYES)
44 Janoi DONACIEN

It’s 21. John Jules is underage for these purposes.
Transfers in and out? on 08:38 - Aug 19 with 1466 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Transfers in and out? on 08:23 - Aug 19 by FrankfurtBlue

(1 Christian WALTON)
2 Richard KEOGH
3 Leif DAVIS
4 George EDMUNDSON
5 Sam MORSY
6 Luke WOOLFENDEN
7 Wes BURNS
8 Lee EVANS
9 Freddie LADAPO
10 Conor CHAPLIN
11 Marcus HARNESS
12 Dominic BALL
14 Tyreece JOHN-JULES
15 Cameron BURGESS
16 Rekeem HARPER
(17 Ed SHEERAN)
19 Kayden JACKSON
20 Matt PENNEY
21 Greg LEIGH
23 Sone ALUKO
24 Kane VINCENT-YOUNG
26 Corrie NDABA
29 Kyle EDWARDS
(30 Cameron HUMPHREYS)
(31 Vaclav HLADKY)
(32 Nick HAYES)
44 Janoi DONACIEN

It makes sense to keep Humphries as he doesn't count in the 22. Loaning out Ndaba and/or Harper seem like the most likely. Sell Penney (pun not intended).

Poll: would you rather

Transfers in and out? on 08:48 - Aug 19 with 1404 viewsBeckets

Transfers in and out? on 08:38 - Aug 19 by LegendofthePhoenix

It makes sense to keep Humphries as he doesn't count in the 22. Loaning out Ndaba and/or Harper seem like the most likely. Sell Penney (pun not intended).

Penney is in the last year of his contract so I can’t see us getting a fee for him. Equally I can’t see him even making our 18 let alone the team except for the JPT so moving him on must be in both parties interests.
Transfers in and out? on 08:49 - Aug 19 with 1401 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Transfers in and out? on 08:38 - Aug 19 by Beckets

Is that definitely true? He was already 21 years old in February, so presumably would not count this season as an under 21.
Transfers in and out? on 08:53 - Aug 19 with 1356 viewsBeckets

Transfers in and out? on 08:49 - Aug 19 by FrankfurtBlue

Is that definitely true? He was already 21 years old in February, so presumably would not count this season as an under 21.

Yes. For this season it’s the age you are on 1 January 2022 that counts. For 2023/24 season it will be the age you are on 1 January 2023 and so on.
Transfers in and out? on 09:14 - Aug 19 with 1280 viewsIpswichRising

Transfers in and out? on 08:38 - Aug 19 by Beckets

Does anyone think we need to loan number 17 out, can't see him getting much game time, and could be beneficial to his development
Transfers in and out? on 09:20 - Aug 19 with 1255 viewsFrankfurtBlue

Transfers in and out? on 08:53 - Aug 19 by Beckets

Yes. For this season it’s the age you are on 1 January 2022 that counts. For 2023/24 season it will be the age you are on 1 January 2023 and so on.

Thanks for that explanation. So, we have room for one more overage player without having to offload anyone. Wonder how many we are actually targetting, and how KMc will keep those not regularly playing, or even involved in match day squads, happy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024