Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… 12:39 - Aug 24 with 1936 viewsmonytowbray

Came up promoted on my feed.

I wonder what high quality standards of community support, equality and de-escalatation this will attract? Even the Army, who to some extent are literally paid to kill people, manage to show more class than this.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 12:43 - Aug 24 with 1874 viewsGeoffSentence

Looks like fun though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 12:44 - Aug 24 with 1864 viewsmonytowbray

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 12:43 - Aug 24 by GeoffSentence

Looks like fun though.

A good Fascist’s day out!

TWTD never forgets…

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 12:46 - Aug 24 with 1851 viewsGeoffSentence

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 12:44 - Aug 24 by monytowbray

A good Fascist’s day out!

Smashing down doors, shooting at people, it's like a drunken toff's party.

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 12:46 - Aug 24 with 1851 viewsIllinoisblue

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 12:43 - Aug 24 by GeoffSentence

Looks like fun though.

Guns, dogs, and riot shields. In sleepy Suffolk? It’s a very strange ad.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 12:47 - Aug 24 with 1840 viewsGeoffSentence

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 12:46 - Aug 24 by Illinoisblue

I forgot the dogs, more fun stuff.

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 13:08 - Aug 24 with 1734 viewsmonytowbray

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 12:46 - Aug 24 by Illinoisblue

Did feel very MERICA, I will say. How often do you see armed police about day to day here?

We gave tasers to ours and within 3 weeks the police managed to kill a bloke by wrongly tasering him till he jumped in the Thames to escape. You can’t give a load of people above responsibility toys like that but then say you can’t play with them bar very rare occasions, they’ll find a reason.

With the Tories ripping up rules relating higher accountability whilst restricting our own freedoms and rights ads like this really aren’t a good sign for the future.

Got budget to spend on violent coppers but nothing to inspire mobility and hope. Tories wanna bang the anti-violent crime drum and act like Khan is giving out free knives but the stats have gone up on the Tory’s watch whilst cutting back on basic needs of a functioning society.

F**k em all.

TWTD never forgets…

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 13:25 - Aug 24 with 1687 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

They've been advertising on Planet Rock too.

AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses, Advert for Suffolk Police, Aerosmith, Metallica, Tom Petty, Advert for Suffolk Police etc etc.

Only hairy arsed rockers need apply for Motorbike Traffic Patrols.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 13:28 - Aug 24 with 1676 viewsfabian_illness

For what it's worth mony, I think you'd make a cracking copper. 👍
Login to get fewer ads

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 13:39 - Aug 24 with 1631 viewsRadlett_blue

A friend of my son was in the force for a few years & didn't like it for a variety of reasons, notably the shift work. I believe attracting people to join the force is now quite hard, especially as the police now seem generally disliked rather than admired and respected. Hence the force have had to lower their entry requirements & this just seems another desperate attempt to attract much needed new recruits.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 13:45 - Aug 24 with 1604 viewsgalacticoblue

This is just how they go after people who offend others on social media nowadays - they don’t really bother going after thieves and drug dealers.
This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 14:58 - Aug 24 with 1415 viewsmonytowbray

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 13:45 - Aug 24 by galacticoblue

This is just how they go after people who offend others on social media nowadays - they don’t really bother going after thieves and drug dealers.

By “offend others” you mean “hate speech” which is an actual crime but hey ho.

TWTD never forgets…

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 15:08 - Aug 24 with 1383 viewsgalacticoblue

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 14:58 - Aug 24 by monytowbray

By “offend others” you mean “hate speech” which is an actual crime but hey ho.

seeing some of your comments in this thread (I.e ‘f**k em all’) I reckon some may think you are a bit hateful on here - watch out 😀
This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 15:20 - Aug 24 with 1358 viewsmonytowbray

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 15:08 - Aug 24 by galacticoblue

seeing some of your comments in this thread (I.e ‘f**k em all’) I reckon some may think you are a bit hateful on here - watch out 😀

Evidently you don’t understand what a hate crime is. From your first post and your response.

TWTD never forgets…

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 16:09 - Aug 24 with 1253 viewsblueislander

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 15:20 - Aug 24 by monytowbray

Evidently you don’t understand what a hate crime is. From your first post and your response.

A couple of years ago the Guernsey Police made a recruitment video. It looked like an extract from Miami Vice. Everyone took the p-ss, and it was taken down after a day or two.
This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 16:41 - Aug 24 with 1172 viewseireblue

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with wornout tools;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: “Hold on”;
If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings–nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can, big up, that is a tough ask,

If you can’t, but you like running in slow mo and hitting people and things

Join the Police.
This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 20:12 - Aug 24 with 901 viewsLord_Lucan

This local police recruitment ad is a bit unsettling… on 13:39 - Aug 24 by Radlett_blue

A friend of my son was in the force for a few years & didn't like it for a variety of reasons, notably the shift work. I believe attracting people to join the force is now quite hard, especially as the police now seem generally disliked rather than admired and respected. Hence the force have had to lower their entry requirements & this just seems another desperate attempt to attract much needed new recruits.

Ferrari was talking about this at least a month or so ago.

Well I think he was, I haven’t played the video as I’m in the pub - but I suspect it’s about guns and new technology.

Loads of coppers were phoning up saying how stupid it was as in reality they struggle to get a serviceable car to take out.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2022 6:38]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024