Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not sure ready meals are the way ahead 03:56 - Aug 26 with 1261 viewsazuremerlangus

to save money. Convenience foods are never the cheapest way to feed yourself.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-62631659

If she is still running a fridge/freezer then batch cooking might be an idea.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 04:18 - Aug 26 with 1218 viewsGunnsAirkick

Batch cooking requires the cooker or hob to be on for a long time.

You may well be right, but it's a disgusting state of affairs that we're even talking about this.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 4:19]
Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 08:10 - Aug 26 with 1046 viewsElephantintheRoom

A veggie patch is quite cheap for vegans

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 08:20 - Aug 26 with 1043 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some ready meals are pretty cheap in fairness. Probably cheaper than her salads if she’s getting the basic ones (they won’t be doing her much good though).

Grim reading. Poor thing sounds like she’s been through the mixer. Covering her own fuel for work is just wrong. Long covid. Dealing with a family death.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 08:21 - Aug 26 with 1037 viewsZXBlue

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 04:18 - Aug 26 by GunnsAirkick

Batch cooking requires the cooker or hob to be on for a long time.

You may well be right, but it's a disgusting state of affairs that we're even talking about this.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 4:19]

Batch cooking involves using the cooker for a similar time to do 3 days of meals, as you would do for one.
Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 08:48 - Aug 26 with 992 viewsjeera

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 08:21 - Aug 26 by ZXBlue

Batch cooking involves using the cooker for a similar time to do 3 days of meals, as you would do for one.

It really doesn't compare though.

Talking a main meal per day a 2/3 minute ding with an unhealthy one pound Iceland meal isn't going to be the same when it comes to energy used is it.

I completely sympathise with people who are struggling this badly and don't like to see this type of judgemental reasoning.

Edited for misreading your post.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2022 8:52]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 16:29 - Aug 26 with 813 viewsVic

There are plenty of people really struggling, but this case isn't really well thought through. It reads like she's not yet getting her full benefits - when she does her situation will improve.

But regardless - Mrs V bought some mince for £4.50 earlier this week - it's given us both a main meal for 3 days. Day one - Bolognaise, Day 2 - Chilli con carne and Day three lasagna. At various times she added some tomato's, been, chilli powder. We had rice, pasta and veg's with it.

My guess is that the £8 total (for 6 meals) this cost is a fair bit less than ready meals.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 16:35 - Aug 26 with 801 viewsKeno

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 08:10 - Aug 26 by ElephantintheRoom

A veggie patch is quite cheap for vegans

A veggie patch?

Is that like a nicotine patch just it makes people want to veg not meat

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 17:56 - Aug 26 with 754 viewsronnyd

Hardly the healthiest way either.
Login to get fewer ads

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 20:38 - Aug 26 with 697 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 08:20 - Aug 26 by Swansea_Blue

Some ready meals are pretty cheap in fairness. Probably cheaper than her salads if she’s getting the basic ones (they won’t be doing her much good though).

Grim reading. Poor thing sounds like she’s been through the mixer. Covering her own fuel for work is just wrong. Long covid. Dealing with a family death.

The fuel bit makes me f##king furious. Why the hell should she have been paying that? Workers are treated like sh1t to cream off profits to the rich. I really hope some of these new groups take off and we can rise up and peacefully say enough is enough.

Oh and before some genius comes at me with "yea but Corbyn" I voted Labour under Corbyn.

Starmer really should be using this crisis to make a real case for change. Nationalise all utilities and transport. Nationalise the Royal Mail. Commit to a real review of UBI or at least a proper living wage. Raise benefits. Pay for it by taxing the mega rich and corporations.

I don't think you can revoke citizenship but anyone who moves their company to a tax haven or gets paid through a company to avoid paying their share of tax should lose all access to a state pension and be forced to pay for their healthcare.

It's time to turn the screw on those taking the piss.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 20:45 - Aug 26 with 679 viewsgtsb1966

Not sure ready meals are the way ahead on 08:21 - Aug 26 by ZXBlue

We're OK in the gtsb house, or we were. Had a family meeting tonight on times of showers, electrics on and washing up. Everything being switched off at night rather than stand by. Showers a lot quicker( me and her indoors are quick but her boy is 15 mins) and as ZX has said we are going to batch cook. Sunday is a once a week shop with meals planned. So many business are going to go bust. Nobody will be going out this winter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024