Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... 10:58 - Sep 22 with 3875 viewssixtoperalta35

...when it comes to the few tickets available in the top few rows in the Britannia stand for the Portsmouth game? Are we talking the kids would need binoculars or are there big posts in the way like QPR. Thanks in advance
Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 11:08 - Sep 22 with 3805 viewsElephantintheRoom

VERY. You’ll be getting neck ache behind a pillar and the kids won’t see anything when people leap out of their seats at exciting moments.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 11:08 - Sep 22 with 3800 viewsZx1988

I've not been right up the back, but based on previous experiences in other areas of the stand, I would suggest that it's probably an issue with the structure of the stand obscuring either the far or near touchlines.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 11:15 - Sep 22 with 3729 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Quite big posts in parts.
Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 11:17 - Sep 22 with 3732 viewsVaughan8

I know this isn't much help for you, but I got a restricted seat in North upper once and it was literally a ctny corner of the pitch I couldn't see.

So I guess the degree of it varies is what i'm saying.... haha
Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 11:19 - Sep 22 with 3714 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Cobbold there is posts in the way, depends which seats you got really. If i was you i'd get the ones available in the SAR stand at the back by the tunnel. Sat there first game and wasnt restricted at all.
Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 11:27 - Sep 22 with 3647 viewssixtoperalta35

Brilliant thanks everyone I'll buy some tickets when I'm home from work then! Been up the top of SAR before and like you said not much of the pitch you can't see. Uppa town :-)
Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 16:21 - Sep 22 with 3339 viewsbournemouthblue

Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 11:19 - Sep 22 by abracaDOBRA_

Cobbold there is posts in the way, depends which seats you got really. If i was you i'd get the ones available in the SAR stand at the back by the tunnel. Sat there first game and wasnt restricted at all.

The South Stand is restricted down the far left, you can't see the touchline, not that you miss a huge amount of the action

In the other stands, there are some seats directly behind pillars which are far from ideal

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 16:48 - Sep 22 with 3287 viewsTexacoCup

Pretty much every seat had restricted view at Hillsborough - two great big pillars at the front of the stand
Login to get fewer ads

Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 16:57 - Sep 22 with 3262 viewssixtoperalta35

Had a Google of "Magnus west stand" and there's a great photo of it and you can see the pillars, think the last few tickets where we need 3 in a row are right at the very top so I'm hoping we can see around them enough to see the goals at both ends, that Ipswich score of course. Come on you blues.
Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 18:20 - Sep 22 with 3162 viewsallezlesbleus

As others have said, The Old Pioneer stand are the best ones to go for and the further back, the better.

Can't comment on North or Churchmans, but Portman Stand are pretty bad.
Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 18:19 - Dec 13 with 2639 viewsDublinBlue84

Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 18:20 - Sep 22 by allezlesbleus

As others have said, The Old Pioneer stand are the best ones to go for and the further back, the better.

Can't comment on North or Churchmans, but Portman Stand are pretty bad.

If you look on the seating Map on the Pioneer stand when buying a ticket, you will be able to see where the pillars are as they are where there is blank white spaces about two seats across and about two seats down.

They are normally in row O and row P, at least from the centre to Churchmans, probably the same from the centre to the North.

I'd want to avoid the rows directly behind them, so higher is better if you're going behind P.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2022 18:19]

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 19:51 - Dec 13 with 2551 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 11:19 - Sep 22 by abracaDOBRA_

As you seem to know about this sort of thing...

When I purchased tickets last week, I noticed that front row of the upper deck of the Cobbold nearest to the shop was marked as restricted view. Is there actually a restricted view? Or is it like the front row of the second tier of the Pioneer in the corner by the tunnel, where it only seems to be restricted in terms of leg room with the wall?

I opted for back of the North anyway, but seeing as it is getting harder to get a ticket again, wouldn't mind knowing for the future

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 21:04 - Dec 13 with 2431 viewswitchdoctor

Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 19:51 - Dec 13 by SlippinJimmyJuan

As you seem to know about this sort of thing...

When I purchased tickets last week, I noticed that front row of the upper deck of the Cobbold nearest to the shop was marked as restricted view. Is there actually a restricted view? Or is it like the front row of the second tier of the Pioneer in the corner by the tunnel, where it only seems to be restricted in terms of leg room with the wall?

I opted for back of the North anyway, but seeing as it is getting harder to get a ticket again, wouldn't mind knowing for the future

there is a rail in front of those seats in Cobbold A which …when sat down is eye level
Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 21:14 - Dec 13 with 2406 viewsstonojnr

am I imagining it but didnt we used to have a view from you seat option on the ticket site, or was that only for season ticket renewals ?
Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 00:22 - Dec 14 with 2226 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

Just how restricted is "restricted view"..... on 21:04 - Dec 13 by witchdoctor

there is a rail in front of those seats in Cobbold A which …when sat down is eye level

Glad I didn't opt for those then! Merci beaucoup.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024