Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again 13:17 - Oct 21 with 893 viewsazuremerlangus

Have you scrimshankers forgot today is Trafalgar day?

Don’t forget to have a tot of Nelson’s blood (preferably Pussers Gunpowder strength)

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 13:41 - Oct 21 with 850 viewsNthQldITFC

People seem to be turning a blind eye to your post.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 13:45 - Oct 21 with 842 viewsghostofescobar

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 13:41 - Oct 21 by NthQldITFC

Not a patch on International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

GhostOfEscobar

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 13:52 - Oct 21 with 816 viewsazuremerlangus

Perhaps I’ve been sailing too close to the wind?

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 14:04 - Oct 21 with 792 viewsRadlett_blue

A friend of mine used to run a pub in Norfolk & claims to have invented Nelson's Blood.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 15:23 - Oct 21 with 761 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Why would they do that? There's no 'arm in it.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 15:27 - Oct 21 with 759 viewsKeno

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 14:04 - Oct 21 by Radlett_blue

A friend of mine used to run a pub in Norfolk & claims to have invented Nelson's Blood.

If that went to court he would have a leg to stand on

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 22:06 - Oct 21 with 698 viewsazuremerlangus

On Trafalgar Day - did you know that Nelson was 5ft 6". His statue in Trafalgar Square is 17ft 4". That's Horatio of about 3:1.

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 23:51 - Oct 21 with 666 viewsRyorry

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 15:27 - Oct 21 by Keno

If that went to court he would have a leg to stand on

Counsel for the Defence would kick that argument into a c0cked hat.

*0 Gav's swear filter never sleeps

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 08:43 - Oct 22 with 608 viewsChurchman

On this day in 1805, Nelson’s body was basically preserved in a barrel of brandy. It was the best idea the surgeon, Beatty, could come up with, using the old pickling principle.

The barrel was lashed to the deck for the limp home. The problem was that just stuffing a body in a barrel of alcohol is not an ideal way to preserve it. It started to decompose and due to the escaping gases the lid burst off. The guard standing watch nearly had a heart attack, thinking that Horatio had come back to life. Bet he didn’t sleep too well at the end of his shift.

Amazing strategist and leader of men, Nelson. He fully merits his statue. Anyone who has never seen it, a wander around HMS Victory is very interesting and recommended.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 8:44]
Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 08:49 - Oct 22 with 583 viewsnoggin

Apparently he was a Norwich fan.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 08:55 - Oct 22 with 575 viewsChurchman

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 08:49 - Oct 22 by noggin

Apparently he was a Norwich fan.

Yep, he was born in Burnham Thorpe. He used to get the results sent by semaphore as it was quicker than waiting for his copy of Ye Olde EDP.
Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 08:59 - Oct 22 with 571 viewsnoggin

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 08:55 - Oct 22 by Churchman

Yep, he was born in Burnham Thorpe. He used to get the results sent by semaphore as it was quicker than waiting for his copy of Ye Olde EDP.

I heard he had a canary on his shoulder. The sailors use to call it a budgie, which annoyed him.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 9:01]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 09:57 - Oct 22 with 537 viewsChurchman

Anyhoo - seeing as it is a slow news day again on 08:59 - Oct 22 by noggin

I heard he had a canary on his shoulder. The sailors use to call it a budgie, which annoyed him.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2022 9:01]

It used to chirp ‘let’s be ‘avin you’, which used to save the officers having to give orders.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024