Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every Points A Prisoner 01:39 - Oct 30 with 1305 viewsBseaBlue

Mick was right...especially when away from home. Should we see the game out....yes. Is an away point a disaster? Not a chance. As per Joe's post, this is an anomaly. Keep going about our business at FPR and take what you get away from home and that will be enough!

Personally I think we are missing Burgess more than we may care to admit but plenty of time for him to come back in to the fold.
Every Points A Prisoner on 01:49 - Oct 30 with 1241 viewsTheBoyBlue

But we aren't doing the business at home. This is two points dropped in appalling circumstances. The players need to step back now and think about whether they are doing all they can for this club.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Every Points A Prisoner on 03:55 - Oct 30 with 1205 viewspointofblue

If every point is a prisoner then we allow jailbreaks far too often.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Every Points A Prisoner on 09:03 - Oct 30 with 1052 viewsBlueBadger

Every Points A Prisoner on 01:49 - Oct 30 by TheBoyBlue

But we aren't doing the business at home. This is two points dropped in appalling circumstances. The players need to step back now and think about whether they are doing all they can for this club.

Blimey, that's some fine histrionics in that last line.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2022 9:09]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Every Points A Prisoner on 09:19 - Oct 30 with 1030 viewsibbleobble

We’ve let three two goal leads slip in a week and the fourth time this season. Covering it up as a “freak game” is nonsense. I remember he vitriol well after the Birmingham game under Hirst when we let a two-goal lead slip.

Regarding Mick, good to hear him back co-commentating in the Championship yesterday.
Every Points A Prisoner on 09:22 - Oct 30 with 1018 viewsFrimleyBlue

Every Points A Prisoner on 09:19 - Oct 30 by ibbleobble

We’ve let three two goal leads slip in a week and the fourth time this season. Covering it up as a “freak game” is nonsense. I remember he vitriol well after the Birmingham game under Hirst when we let a two-goal lead slip.

Regarding Mick, good to hear him back co-commentating in the Championship yesterday.

I was surprised to see the freak game quote. It wasn't really, it was town being town of late. Getting leads and throwing them away. Nothing freaky about it. Just not learning from previous mistakes.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Every Points A Prisoner on 12:19 - Oct 30 with 940 viewspatrickswell

Er...we've dropped the same number of points at home (1 loss and 2 draws) as we have in away matches (1 loss and 2 draws).
Every Points A Prisoner on 13:55 - Oct 30 with 846 viewscbower

What? 17 points from 8 games at home. Robbed against Barnsley too with Harness 'goal'. That's pretty decent, 2+ points per game.

bluescouser

Every Points A Prisoner on 16:47 - Oct 30 with 779 viewsBigCommon

Every Points A Prisoner on 09:19 - Oct 30 by ibbleobble

Yeah the lads have had a wobbly week defensively. I'd say we've gotten away with it though, having gotten 4pts from those two games...Hopefully they'll get there heads around it on the training ground.
Really hard to get the perfect balance, though. Last season when we broke our record for clean sheets in a row, under KM. There were a few moaning about the lack of chances created up the other end. I'm happy that we are creating and scoring goals. Which would be a much harder problem to solve, imo..
Starting to wonder a bit, if Evans has got some really good organizing skills that go unnoticed. Two games he's been out, we've looked tatty defensively. Conceding six .
Perhaps KM just let it pass after Vale, as a blip, being as we won the match. And it hadn't happened often.. Pretty sure after two games in a row, they'll put some effort into sorting it out.. And , so far, KM's been pretty good at addressing problems and generally improving the team month in month out..
Login to get fewer ads

Every Points A Prisoner on 16:55 - Oct 30 with 768 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Every Points A Prisoner on 03:55 - Oct 30 by pointofblue

If every point is a prisoner then we allow jailbreaks far too often.

Twice to be precise. In 2 matches this season we have failed to keep the point we would have had we not played the match! Of course, 1 point per match is relegation form, though.

We have built platforms to have enough points to be well clear at the top. However, so have Plymouth and Wednesday. There is always another team on the pitch, and they rarely accept defeat just because they have fallen behind. Unfortunately for us even, in Charlton's case, by two goals deep into injury time.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024