Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich want old boy striker 07:43 - Nov 6 with 6217 viewsleftback

Nixon reporting
Ipswich want old boy striker on 07:47 - Nov 6 with 4977 viewsKeno

Jordan Rhodes come back home
To the place where you belong ….

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ipswich want old boy striker on 07:50 - Nov 6 with 4951 viewsPippin1970

Do we actually need him . Think Ladapo will hit 20 plus this season plus the other guy to come back from injury. Impact sub maybe but I'm not a manager lol.
Ipswich want old boy striker on 07:51 - Nov 6 with 4941 viewsITFC_Josh

Ipswich want old boy striker on 07:50 - Nov 6 by Pippin1970

Do we actually need him . Think Ladapo will hit 20 plus this season plus the other guy to come back from injury. Impact sub maybe but I'm not a manager lol.

Who is it? Can’t see the article
Ipswich want old boy striker on 07:52 - Nov 6 with 4932 viewsITFCBlues

Ipswich want old boy striker on 07:47 - Nov 6 by Keno

Jordan Rhodes come back home
To the place where you belong ….

Was thinking maybe Wickham

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Ipswich want old boy striker on 07:57 - Nov 6 with 4908 viewsGuthrum

Ray Crawford back playing, worth a deal? by SitfcB 31 Oct 2022 19:49
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/popular-former-portsmouth-ipswich-wolves-and-england-striker-makes-playing-comeback-at-the-age-of-86-3899355?amp

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:08 - Nov 6 with 4798 viewsHipsterectomy

Shefki?

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:09 - Nov 6 with 4790 viewsbobbyramsey

Link?
Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:11 - Nov 6 with 4781 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Keane?
Login to get fewer ads

Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:19 - Nov 6 with 4718 viewstractorboy1978

It is Rhodes.
Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:24 - Nov 6 with 4680 viewsChurchman

Ipswich want old boy striker on 07:57 - Nov 6 by Guthrum

Ray Crawford back playing, worth a deal? by SitfcB 31 Oct 2022 19:49
https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/popular-former-portsmouth-ipswich-wolves-and-england-striker-makes-playing-comeback-at-the-age-of-86-3899355?amp

Trevor Whymark is free. Good in the air.

Rhodes scored a couple of good goals yesterday tbf, but with his lack of mobility and injury record I’m not sure what he’d add.
Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:32 - Nov 6 with 4623 viewsSitfcB

Will Keane I reckon.

Anyone want to pay £2 to find out…?

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ipswich-want-old-74233382?utm_medium=sharesheet&am

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:37 - Nov 6 with 4594 viewstractorboy1978

Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:32 - Nov 6 by SitfcB

Will Keane I reckon.

Anyone want to pay £2 to find out…?

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ipswich-want-old-74233382?utm_medium=sharesheet&am

It is Rhodes.
Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:56 - Nov 6 with 4443 viewsGuthrum

Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:24 - Nov 6 by Churchman

Trevor Whymark is free. Good in the air.

Rhodes scored a couple of good goals yesterday tbf, but with his lack of mobility and injury record I’m not sure what he’d add.

Ah, you mean Wickham. Agree.

Not even sure about Rhodes, he's 32 and not exactly prolific this season (3 goals from 8 starts and 10 off the bench in the League), being used often as a 60 to 80+ minute sub.

Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:58 - Nov 6 with 4414 viewsIpswichKnight

He does know that Evans is no longer in charge of recruitment?
Ipswich want old boy striker on 09:30 - Nov 6 with 4208 viewsBroadhill

Can't see how Rhodes would fit in. We are about movement and hard press. He does neither. Static in the box most of the time. Keane would be ideal but can't see that happening, basically a non starter.
Ipswich want old boy striker on 09:48 - Nov 6 with 4056 viewstractorboy1978

Ipswich want old boy striker on 08:58 - Nov 6 by IpswichKnight

He does know that Evans is no longer in charge of recruitment?

I do agree. I wouldn’t see his role being more than in the last 20-25 in games at home when we need a sniffer to get on the end of half chances. He did that role pretty well at Norwich and it’s his role at Huddersfield too. Not sure he’d drop a level to be a bench player.

Edit - sorry should have been in response to Broadhill
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 9:49]
Ipswich want old boy striker on 09:54 - Nov 6 with 4008 viewsSitfcB

Ipswich want old boy striker on 09:30 - Nov 6 by Broadhill

Can't see how Rhodes would fit in. We are about movement and hard press. He does neither. Static in the box most of the time. Keane would be ideal but can't see that happening, basically a non starter.

If us and Wigan are in the same sort of positions in January as now then don’t see why it couldn’t be done, we would offer him more cash and maybe a promotion bonus.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ipswich want old boy striker on 10:01 - Nov 6 with 3946 viewsArnieM

I bloody hope we’re not after JR. he’s old news, and is a one trick pony. Doesn’t have the work ethic to play in a McKenna team.

No . Bloody. Thank. You!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Ipswich want old boy striker on 10:32 - Nov 6 with 3701 viewschicoazul

Ipswich want old boy striker on 09:30 - Nov 6 by Broadhill

Rhodes’ career record is slightly worse than 1 in 2 and he got 4 in 13 at a higher level last season. He’s spent most of his career at a level above us. He’d be an ideal January signing. TWTD continues to amaze with bad opinions.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Ipswich want old boy striker on 10:37 - Nov 6 with 3651 viewsGuthrum

Ipswich want old boy striker on 10:32 - Nov 6 by chicoazul

Rhodes’ career record is slightly worse than 1 in 2 and he got 4 in 13 at a higher level last season. He’s spent most of his career at a level above us. He’d be an ideal January signing. TWTD continues to amaze with bad opinions.

But the point is not how good a marksman Rhodes is, but how he fits into the current setup. Would he be able to do the Ladapo hold-up role, or just lurk in the box* expecting "service"?

* In League One, likely surrounded by four or five opponents.

Ipswich want old boy striker on 10:52 - Nov 6 with 3550 viewscbower

Ipswich want old boy striker on 10:37 - Nov 6 by Guthrum

But the point is not how good a marksman Rhodes is, but how he fits into the current setup. Would he be able to do the Ladapo hold-up role, or just lurk in the box* expecting "service"?

* In League One, likely surrounded by four or five opponents.

Agree Gutters. He doesn't fit the style McKenna seems to favour and certainly isn't one for the future. I would be surprised but if 6-8 sniffer goals in the second half of the season were the upshot and those points gained made the difference, who knows?

bluescouser

Ipswich want old boy striker on 10:54 - Nov 6 with 3529 viewsstrikalite

Ipswich want old boy striker on 07:52 - Nov 6 by ITFCBlues

Was thinking maybe Wickham

Wickham is a no brainer really, free in January, good target man, I'm sure too he'd have that feel good factor coming back here so he'd fit in quickly...
Ipswich want old boy striker on 11:05 - Nov 6 with 3457 viewsGuthrum

Ipswich want old boy striker on 10:52 - Nov 6 by cbower

Agree Gutters. He doesn't fit the style McKenna seems to favour and certainly isn't one for the future. I would be surprised but if 6-8 sniffer goals in the second half of the season were the upshot and those points gained made the difference, who knows?

The question is whether he would be more likely to get those goals than whoever he'd be replacing on the pitch, be that Ladapo or John-Jules, given we'd be losing the former's strength or the latter's pace. Wouldn't be keen to see us change the pretty effective way we've been playing just to accomodate a different kind of striker.

Altho if McKenna thinks he can make Rhodes work, I'm prepared to trust his so far reliable judgement.

Ipswich want old boy striker on 11:12 - Nov 6 with 3415 viewsoldburian

Ipswich want old boy striker on 10:54 - Nov 6 by strikalite

Wickham is a no brainer really, free in January, good target man, I'm sure too he'd have that feel good factor coming back here so he'd fit in quickly...

Wickham short deal with Forest Green was ideal for both of them. He has put himself in the shop window and would probably want a longer contract than we would be inclined to offer.
Ipswich want old boy striker on 11:24 - Nov 6 with 3338 viewstractorboy1978

Ipswich want old boy striker on 11:12 - Nov 6 by oldburian

Wickham short deal with Forest Green was ideal for both of them. He has put himself in the shop window and would probably want a longer contract than we would be inclined to offer.

He's done well at Forest Green but he's still not really proven his fitness - played sub 1000 minutes in total. If he's fit and firing he is far too good for this level and a top player at the level above too, but he's not going to be getting a 2 year deal anywhere on £10k a week or anything in January.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2022 11:24]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024