Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v France 1982 11:05 - Dec 9 with 1622 viewsBeattie78

The last time we met France in the World Cup. Mick Mills captain, Paul Mariner scores and Terry Butcher gets an assist. I think it was an afternoon kick off so I must have watched only highlights in the evening.

LexdenBlue62

England v France 1982 on 11:17 - Dec 9 with 1573 viewsPhilTWTD

Think it was late afternoon, I seem to remember watching it straight after getting in from school.
England v France 1982 on 11:23 - Dec 9 with 1558 viewsSE1blue

England v France 1982 on 11:17 - Dec 9 by PhilTWTD

Think it was late afternoon, I seem to remember watching it straight after getting in from school.

Same here. I ran home from school to watch it. Even remember that my mum had made us peanut butter with jam sandwiches and nagged us for lying on the floor only two feet away from the TV screen. TWTD.

This was the game that made me fall in love with England and the World Cup tournament.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

England v France 1982 on 11:30 - Dec 9 with 1544 viewsBigCommon

I remember Robson's goal, from Butchers flick on, being the fastest goal of that WC.
Spain '82 was a brilliant World Cup, for me.. Probably the earliest WC that I got really in to. Most likely as we had a lot of Town players in England's and Scotland's squads.. Northern Ireland gave it a good go, too.. And the '82 Brazil side was amazing.
England v France 1982 on 11:56 - Dec 9 with 1457 viewsKeno

Keno football claim to fame

I had moved to Hove by then and a couple days the Hungary qualifying game which England needed to win met the then England manager Ron Greenwood out walking the dog. We got chatting and, typically I had a Ipswich scarf on, he said 'I imagine you think I should play Paul Mariner

My reply was a simple 'always'

A few weeks later I met Mr Greenwood again, he smiled and said 'thanks you were right there then'

Keno football genius!!!
[Post edited 9 Dec 2022 11:57]

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

England v France 1982 on 12:18 - Dec 9 with 1380 viewsPhilTWTD

England v France 1982 on 11:23 - Dec 9 by SE1blue

Same here. I ran home from school to watch it. Even remember that my mum had made us peanut butter with jam sandwiches and nagged us for lying on the floor only two feet away from the TV screen. TWTD.

This was the game that made me fall in love with England and the World Cup tournament.

Amazing what details around things can be remembered.
England v France 1982 on 12:19 - Dec 9 with 1370 viewsFtnfwest

England v France 1982 on 11:17 - Dec 9 by PhilTWTD

Ran home from an o level exam and just made it in time! Think it must have about 4 or 4.30 ko
England v France 1982 on 12:36 - Dec 9 with 1319 viewsSamuelowen88

BBC have the highlights of that game here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/63880272
[Post edited 9 Dec 2022 12:36]

Poll: England v Wales Score

England v France 1982 on 14:13 - Dec 9 with 1168 viewsPendejo

England v France 1982 on 11:30 - Dec 9 by BigCommon

I remember Robson's goal, from Butchers flick on, being the fastest goal of that WC.
Spain '82 was a brilliant World Cup, for me.. Probably the earliest WC that I got really in to. Most likely as we had a lot of Town players in England's and Scotland's squads.. Northern Ireland gave it a good go, too.. And the '82 Brazil side was amazing.

Just watched highlights...

What an amazing header from Robson

No team mates congratulate Mariner

Still got a Spain 82 France scarf somewhere, bought on a school trip earlier that year

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

England v France 1982 on 15:45 - Dec 9 with 1083 viewsIllinoisblue

This time, more than any other time, this timeā€¦.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

England v France 1982 on 17:16 - Dec 9 with 989 viewsjontysnut

I was at college and watched on my 21st at Bradford Park Avenue Cricket Club. I can remember the first minute and it all went downhill rapidly from then on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024