Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wes Burns Mystery 09:32 - Dec 18 with 1532 viewsBseaBlue

What the fudge has happened? He looks a shadow of himself. Doesn't seem to want to get at players as much (I know he tried a couple of times in the second half) and his crossing is all over the place. Maybe he just needs a rest.

It will be good to have Harness back but another winger could be important in Jan to add some extra competition. It was notable how well we worked the ball into wide areas yesterday with a real lack of quality for the final ball. I'm not sure you can really blame Freddie too much for that.
The Wes Burns Mystery on 09:40 - Dec 18 with 1481 views3_5_2

He has been off it for some now.

Needs a rest and edwards given a run

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

The Wes Burns Mystery on 10:05 - Dec 18 with 1415 viewsStokieBlue

The opposition know how to deal with him more now and he's also a bit more suited to faster counter attacks than our build-up play.

Also think both him and Davis were more involved as wingbacks. Davis can play LB just fine but isn't forward as much which is a big deal as he has real quality and Burns simply isn't good enough to be a proper AM.

Would really like to see us back to 3 at the back, I think it was better for Burns, allowed Davis to get forward more and one of Donacian or Edmundson to turn up in unexpected places on forward runs which teams weren't prepared for.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

The Wes Burns Mystery on 10:26 - Dec 18 with 1342 viewsclive_baker

Although he hasn’t been at last seasons standard I think he’s still contributed this season and has been dangerous. Yesterday was quiet from him, I don’t think JD missing helped as he regularly makes those over or under lapping runs that takes the fullback with him and creates space for Wes. He seemed to never get a lot of space yesterday but would agree about his final ball. That chance in the first half was frustrating, he seemed to wait an age to square it by which time it was easily cleared out for a corner by the first man.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The Wes Burns Mystery on 10:32 - Dec 18 with 1313 viewsipswichtillidie

Agree said this many many weeks ago. We don’t seem to have another player either to replace him. I think it’s an area they will look at in January if someone of the right Ilk becomes available which is key.

Gav

The Wes Burns Mystery on 10:46 - Dec 18 with 1273 viewsBseaBlue

The Wes Burns Mystery on 10:26 - Dec 18 by clive_baker

Although he hasn’t been at last seasons standard I think he’s still contributed this season and has been dangerous. Yesterday was quiet from him, I don’t think JD missing helped as he regularly makes those over or under lapping runs that takes the fullback with him and creates space for Wes. He seemed to never get a lot of space yesterday but would agree about his final ball. That chance in the first half was frustrating, he seemed to wait an age to square it by which time it was easily cleared out for a corner by the first man.

Agree RE JD. Certainly have a special relationship down the right.

Stokie is right though I think. He has been a bit found out now but that's where you have to have something else in your weaponry.
The Wes Burns Mystery on 10:55 - Dec 18 with 1240 viewsDarth_Koont

We’re a different team from last season with a genuine threat down the left, right and through the middle.

A big contrast with last season where pretty much everything good came down the right from Burns and Donacien. And the team was set up around that overload.

It’s more difficult for our right side now but with the opposition still needing to commit players there we create space elsewhere. So one step back but two steps forward IMO.

And having said all that, a goal or two would certainly give Burns a confidence boost. And if he starts firing on all cylinders then that would give us a lift coming into the second half of the season. That’s the really good news – we’re top two without our two best players from last season having to repeat that form.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Wes Burns Mystery on 12:35 - Dec 18 with 1041 viewsIllinoisblue

He set expectations really high after his fantastic form last season. But there’s a reason he’s spent most of his career in the lower leagues.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The Wes Burns Mystery on 13:15 - Dec 18 with 950 viewspennblue

The Wes Burns Mystery on 10:46 - Dec 18 by BseaBlue

Agree RE JD. Certainly have a special relationship down the right.

Stokie is right though I think. He has been a bit found out now but that's where you have to have something else in your weaponry.

He is just low on confidence

Nothing wrong with his ability

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Login to get fewer ads

The Wes Burns Mystery on 14:26 - Dec 18 with 831 viewsChocorange

The Wes Burns Mystery on 13:15 - Dec 18 by pennblue

He is just low on confidence

Nothing wrong with his ability

Agree he was frustrating yesterday but as has been pointed out , a couple if goals will help his confidence.

Yesterday he had a couple of opportunities to cross but instead chose to shoot , last season those were going in , the type where he runs to the corner of the pen area and shoots , like when he scored for Fleetwood in his last game for them versus us, several last season were from very similar positions to the ones he got into v Wycombe , but they are not going in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024