Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? 15:29 - Dec 18 with 1479 views66notout

Asking because they appear to have forgotten Suffolk’s very own James Scowcroft and what he achieved in his time at Portman Road, which started when he was only 11 and included being named player of the year in that unforgettable 1999-2000 season. Can’t believe someone with his credentials has so far been overlooked.
Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 16:07 - Dec 18 with 1426 viewsMiaow

I find it a bit odd how Jason de Vos (no slight on him) is in there and Jim Magilton isn't.

I think there are a few players who should be in there who aren't at present.

⋆⋆⋆ My Ipswich Town quizzes: https://www.jetpunk.com/series/1696326/hinckfords-ipswich-town-quizzes ⋆⋆⋆
Poll: Which of this season’s (outfield) shirts do you most prefer?

Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 16:15 - Dec 18 with 1415 views66notout

Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 16:07 - Dec 18 by Miaow

I find it a bit odd how Jason de Vos (no slight on him) is in there and Jim Magilton isn't.

Good shout.
Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 17:39 - Dec 18 with 1367 viewsPhilTWTD

It's the Former Players' Association who decide and often the awards are handed to players when they can make the annual dinner. I'm sure Jim will be added to the Hall of Fame if and when he comes over for one, which has hasn't wanted to since he left. However, Terry Butcher was persuading him to on Life's a Pitch a few months back, so may well be in the next few years. Scowy also likely to get the nod at some point with Matt Holland and Simon Milton on the committee.
Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 18:23 - Dec 18 with 1314 viewsphilwhelansdegree

Out of interest. Where can I find a full list of who had been inducted? Be interesting to have a look
Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 18:26 - Dec 18 with 1308 viewsWoolfenthen

I'm sure David Geddis is the only one of the cup winning side not inducted which seems odd
Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 18:36 - Dec 18 with 1287 viewsPhilTWTD

Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 18:26 - Dec 18 by Woolfenthen

I'm sure David Geddis is the only one of the cup winning side not inducted which seems odd

Another who I don't recall being at the Hall of Fame dinner, so they're probably waiting on that for him to get inducted.
Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 18:39 - Dec 18 with 1268 viewsPhilTWTD

Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 18:23 - Dec 18 by philwhelansdegree

Out of interest. Where can I find a full list of who had been inducted? Be interesting to have a look

Plus Kevin O’Callaghan, David Linighan, Gavin Johnson, Reg Pickett, Ken Malcolm and Doug Millward who were inducted in March and Frank Yallop, who was inducted a couple of weeks ago as he never makes it over for the dinner as the US leagues are starting around the time it usually takes place.
Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 20:34 - Dec 18 with 1174 viewsKeno

Can we lobby for Phil Ham to be included for years of tireless service to the fans?

And actually I am being serious Phil

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 20:57 - Dec 18 with 1153 viewsPhilTWTD

Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 20:34 - Dec 18 by Keno

Can we lobby for Phil Ham to be included for years of tireless service to the fans?

And actually I am being serious Phil

Ha! Not sure I've made the requisite number of senior appearances for the club!
Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 21:04 - Dec 18 with 1137 viewsSwansea_Blue

That may change under the current owners

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 00:05 - Dec 19 with 1020 views66notout

Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 17:39 - Dec 18 by PhilTWTD

It's the Former Players' Association who decide and often the awards are handed to players when they can make the annual dinner. I'm sure Jim will be added to the Hall of Fame if and when he comes over for one, which has hasn't wanted to since he left. However, Terry Butcher was persuading him to on Life's a Pitch a few months back, so may well be in the next few years. Scowy also likely to get the nod at some point with Matt Holland and Simon Milton on the committee.

Difficult to take it seriously when the criteria for being inducted appears to be being able to guarantee your attendance at a dinner.
Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 08:07 - Dec 19 with 886 viewshoppy

Town Hall of Fame: Who Decides Who is Inducted? on 20:57 - Dec 18 by PhilTWTD

Ha! Not sure I've made the requisite number of senior appearances for the club!

I’m only guessing here, but I imagine you’ve played as many first team games as Pat Godbold?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024