Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No subject 17:55 - Jan 2 with 2846 viewsPowlesAngus

All summer begging for new strikers and we end up with useless Ladapo n keep hopeless Jackson.Please buy three strikers now
No subject on 17:57 - Jan 2 with 2823 viewsDublinBlue84

You joined to make that pearl of wisdom contribution?

Poll: What result on Tuesday is best for the club?

No subject on 17:59 - Jan 2 with 2787 viewsLeoMuff

Ladapo is good at this level, will get at least 15, but for me and with our resources quality back up. That was always the plan this season I believe, but we couldn’t land our main man, and these deals are hugely difficult in league 1.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

No subject on 18:02 - Jan 2 with 2741 viewsbackwaywhen

Never win a game starting Jackson I’m afraid , offers nothing , and before anyone bleats he caused the sending off , look where that got us .
No subject on 18:58 - Jan 2 with 2649 viewsWhos_blue

No subject on 18:02 - Jan 2 by backwaywhen

Never win a game starting Jackson I’m afraid , offers nothing , and before anyone bleats he caused the sending off , look where that got us .

So we can't mention that without the foul he goes through and scores?
That's the reality.
It's naturally disappointing we couldn't win the game, but breaking down a stubborn Lincoln side was always going to be difficult. Them going down to 10 made it even harder.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

No subject on 19:03 - Jan 2 with 2617 viewsSuperblue95

No subject on 18:58 - Jan 2 by Whos_blue

That's the reality.
It's naturally disappointing we couldn't win the game, but breaking down a stubborn Lincoln side was always going to be difficult. Them going down to 10 made it even harder.

Regarding your first point, I’m not sure that outcome is as much of a given as you are making it out to be.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

No subject on 19:04 - Jan 2 with 2601 viewsHARRY10

That's the reality.

"Them going down to 10 made it even harder. "

eh ?

Would it have been even harder if they had been treduced to 9 men ? They might have even scored a 2nd if they had had only 8 men on the pitch.
No subject on 19:05 - Jan 2 with 2580 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No subject on 17:57 - Jan 2 by DublinBlue84

Recently banned?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

No subject on 19:09 - Jan 2 with 2534 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Burton (A)
Accrington Stanley (A)
Morecambe (A)
Derby (H)
Peterborough (H)

But don't let facts stand in the way of a good soudbite.

Login to get fewer ads

No subject on 19:09 - Jan 2 with 2531 viewsChondzoresk

That's your first post? Many thanks, but dont bother again.
No subject on 19:10 - Jan 2 with 2521 viewsWhos_blue

No subject on 19:03 - Jan 2 by Superblue95

Regarding your first point, I’m not sure that outcome is as much of a given as you are making it out to be.

I back him to score there. His position, speed and position of the keeper were all in his favour, but of course you're right, we'll never know.

No subject on 19:12 - Jan 2 with 2502 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No subject on 19:10 - Jan 2 by Whos_blue

I back him to score there. His position, speed and position of the keeper were all in his favour, but of course you're right, we'll never know.

The referee decided there was a good chance he would. I would say the defender did too or he wouldn't have risked making the foul.

No subject on 19:12 - Jan 2 with 2497 viewsWhos_blue

No subject on 19:04 - Jan 2 by HARRY10

"Them going down to 10 made it even harder. "

eh ?

Would it have been even harder if they had been treduced to 9 men ? They might have even scored a 2nd if they had had only 8 men on the pitch.

KM also said as much.
I guess he knows a bit more about the game than you or I, so I'll probably pay more attention to him.

No subject on 19:47 - Jan 2 with 2425 viewsellaandred

Please summarise your professional career.
No subject on 20:04 - Jan 2 with 2362 viewsjeera

"and before anyone bleats he caused the sending off , look where that got us ."

That doesn't even make sense.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

No subject on 20:07 - Jan 2 with 2347 viewsjeera

We also had TJJ.

Bringing in players doesn't work like that. You don't just say "I want X amount of "and as if by magic...

McKenna and crew brought in what was available that fitted their criteria.

As they will again this window and the next.

People citing that we're not where we would like to be as though it's fecking news to anyone.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

No subject on 03:30 - Jan 3 with 2132 viewstextbackup

That's the reality.

Yes of course, the 1 on 1 expert that is kayden Jackson.
I’d have bet my mortgage on him not scoring. The same as the penalty he took a few weeks back, the second he took that ball 95% of that stadium knew he’d miss

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

No subject on 16:25 - Jan 3 with 1686 viewsWhos_blue

No subject on 03:30 - Jan 3 by textbackup

Yes of course, the 1 on 1 expert that is kayden Jackson.
I’d have bet my mortgage on him not scoring. The same as the penalty he took a few weeks back, the second he took that ball 95% of that stadium knew he’d miss

Fair enough, though I do think it's hard to compare a penalty with a goal in open play.
Different mindsets in my opinion.

No subject on 16:29 - Jan 3 with 1641 viewsPositivelyPortman

Cretinous statement.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

No subject on 16:51 - Jan 3 with 1548 viewsBlueBlood90

No subject on 19:09 - Jan 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Burton (A)
Accrington Stanley (A)
Morecambe (A)
Derby (H)
Peterborough (H)

But don't let facts stand in the way of a good soudbite.

I don't mean to feed the troll here but Jackson didn't score in any of those games and missed a penalty against Derby.

He's not good enough to be our main man but would be fine as 3rd choice.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

No subject on 16:59 - Jan 3 with 1498 viewsWickets

No subject on 17:57 - Jan 2 by DublinBlue84

Just what we need another troll !
No subject on 17:43 - Jan 3 with 1377 viewsOldFart71

The problem we have is that so many of our players that are supposed to be the one's that score the goals aren't and never have been prolific in any shape or form. We cannot as a team go into the second half of a pretty decent season doing what we have done if we want any sort of promotion. That's missing chances and giving away goals, whether fluke, pens or defensive errors. It is very difficult to get that much needed prolific striker through the doors in the January window. The advantage we have, not so much over Wednesday, but of Plymouth is that the funds are available to go relatively big given the strength of the fan base and the backing of Gamechanger. Whilst it won't be the end of the World if promotion is not gained it would be a major setback. One which might see less interest next season. The chance must be taken to go big now. As Ashton said "We don't want to look at a missed opportunity at the end of the season"
No subject on 18:38 - Jan 3 with 1293 viewsNthsuffolkblue

No subject on 16:51 - Jan 3 by BlueBlood90

I don't mean to feed the troll here but Jackson didn't score in any of those games and missed a penalty against Derby.

He's not good enough to be our main man but would be fine as 3rd choice.

"Never win a game starting Jackson I’m afraid" was the quote. However Jackson did or didn't perform in those matches he started in them and we won them all. We have won a good percentage of the matches he has started.

I don't think anyone is suggesting he should be picked ahead of Ladapo. We need a striker in the place to at least play second fiddle to Ladapo if not (ideally) play ahead of him. That makes Jackson 3rd choice (and still potentially starting some matches if we have 2 players unavailable).

No subject on 19:48 - Jan 3 with 1230 viewsibbleobble

No subject on 17:59 - Jan 2 by LeoMuff

Ladapo is good at this level, will get at least 15, but for me and with our resources quality back up. That was always the plan this season I believe, but we couldn’t land our main man, and these deals are hugely difficult in league 1.

And there’s the bar lowered just like that. So we’re all agreed he won’t get twenty league goals then?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024