Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business 19:17 - Jan 5 with 2130 viewsFromReuserWithLove

But fitness seems an ongoing concern

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/topic/315997-luongo-to-ipswich/#comment-105270

Fitness is also an issue with Broadhead who is a class above this division.
Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 19:22 - Jan 5 with 2063 viewsNthQldITFC

He's been here for a couple of weeks or so hasn't he? I would imagine our medical team as well as KMcK have had long enough to do a thorough assessment. No guarantee of course.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 19:45 - Jan 5 with 1899 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Think the issue is more likely to be match sharpness rather than fitness. He hasn’t played since May. It’s going to be difficult to get him up to speed playing as a back up. Assuming he signs, I’d get him straight in the team on Saturday

Poll: Our final position

fingers crossed innit on 19:48 - Jan 5 with 1861 viewsDyland

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 19:22 - Jan 5 by NthQldITFC

He's been here for a couple of weeks or so hasn't he? I would imagine our medical team as well as KMcK have had long enough to do a thorough assessment. No guarantee of course.

nfft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 19:51 - Jan 5 with 1827 viewsFromReuserWithLove

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 19:22 - Jan 5 by NthQldITFC

I don't mean immediate fitness. Many of the Weds fans note he has a history of fitness issues. 'a top signing if he can stay fit.'.

I'm sure the medical team have done a thorough job but you can't account for ongoing muscle injuries for example.
Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 07:52 - Jan 6 with 1483 viewsVic

I’m more concerned that we seem to be interested in signing players that can’t get in other clubs first team.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 07:55 - Jan 6 with 1479 viewsDanTheMan

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 07:52 - Jan 6 by Vic

I’m more concerned that we seem to be interested in signing players that can’t get in other clubs first team.

Does that include Luongo? Not getting into a team that are sitting 5th in the division above isn't exactly a concern for us.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 08:06 - Jan 6 with 1430 viewsVic

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 07:55 - Jan 6 by DanTheMan

Does that include Luongo? Not getting into a team that are sitting 5th in the division above isn't exactly a concern for us.

To a degree yes, because he hasn’t ever rally managed to consistently been able to be a pin down a slot and be a regular starter ina a team like we aspire to be. Unless I’m wrong he seems to have flattered to deceive all his career. Nothing against him and I’m sure he’s a decent back up, but I don’t think he’s a player who will help lift us to the next level.

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 08:14 - Jan 6 with 1368 viewsChurchman

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 08:06 - Jan 6 by Vic

To a degree yes, because he hasn’t ever rally managed to consistently been able to be a pin down a slot and be a regular starter ina a team like we aspire to be. Unless I’m wrong he seems to have flattered to deceive all his career. Nothing against him and I’m sure he’s a decent back up, but I don’t think he’s a player who will help lift us to the next level.

Agree with this. I see him as back up only.
Login to get fewer ads

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 08:16 - Jan 6 with 1357 viewsDanTheMan

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 08:06 - Jan 6 by Vic

Not going to pretend I've followed his career particularly closely but a quick glance at his stats suggests he has played fairly consistently at both QPR and Sheff Wed before his move to Middlesbrough.

Given the 6 month deal and our small injury crisis in midfield, I imagine he's been brought in as a very good backup.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 08:36 - Jan 6 with 1265 viewsC_Jam_Blue

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 07:52 - Jan 6 by Vic

I imagine that is a symptom of recruiting in January. More likely to secure players not figuring in the campaign.
Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 08:36 - Jan 6 with 1265 viewsVic

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 08:16 - Jan 6 by DanTheMan

Not going to pretend I've followed his career particularly closely but a quick glance at his stats suggests he has played fairly consistently at both QPR and Sheff Wed before his move to Middlesbrough.

Given the 6 month deal and our small injury crisis in midfield, I imagine he's been brought in as a very good backup.

You’re probably right - I’m sure that McKenna knows a bit more than I do. And checking his wiki stats you’re right, he made 30+ starts a season for 3 season for QPR in the championship and only moved on because he rejected a contract offer. His time at Weds seems to have been blighted by injuries.

Good short term signing but primarily as a back up. The other incomings I expect to be players expected to be considered starters and able to lift the team another notch, enough to enable us to beat both Plymouth and Sheff Weds points totals for the rest of the season.

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 09:11 - Jan 6 with 1158 viewsRozz

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 08:36 - Jan 6 by Vic

You’re probably right - I’m sure that McKenna knows a bit more than I do. And checking his wiki stats you’re right, he made 30+ starts a season for 3 season for QPR in the championship and only moved on because he rejected a contract offer. His time at Weds seems to have been blighted by injuries.

Good short term signing but primarily as a back up. The other incomings I expect to be players expected to be considered starters and able to lift the team another notch, enough to enable us to beat both Plymouth and Sheff Weds points totals for the rest of the season.

Transfermarkt has him down as 30 apps for Weds last season, (25 league, 2 play-offs, 3 cup games). I think Weds similarly wanted to keep him but he opted for Championship football.

Like has been said, I think he'll see a handful of starts between Morsy suspensions and Evans injuries. He's a great option and another experienced head in the middle of the park for when we're in a battle (both in-game and in the table).

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 09:14 - Jan 6 with 1120 viewsMetal_Hacker

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 09:11 - Jan 6 by Rozz

Transfermarkt has him down as 30 apps for Weds last season, (25 league, 2 play-offs, 3 cup games). I think Weds similarly wanted to keep him but he opted for Championship football.

Like has been said, I think he'll see a handful of starts between Morsy suspensions and Evans injuries. He's a great option and another experienced head in the middle of the park for when we're in a battle (both in-game and in the table).

Again in my text exchange with my mate who's a Weds fan said " I'd have him back tomorrow , we should've never let him go"

I'm happy with the signing but I also think Taylor will happen at some point whether it be now or in the Summer

"Invest is Best" and Taylor like Lefi Davis would be seen as an investment

Poll: If it were one or the other

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 09:30 - Jan 6 with 1057 viewsRozz

Luongo seems a shrewd bit of business on 09:14 - Jan 6 by Metal_Hacker

Again in my text exchange with my mate who's a Weds fan said " I'd have him back tomorrow , we should've never let him go"

I'm happy with the signing but I also think Taylor will happen at some point whether it be now or in the Summer

"Invest is Best" and Taylor like Lefi Davis would be seen as an investment

I'd agree I don't think him and Taylor are mutually exclusive. Signing Luongo probably strengthens our position in negotiations slightly as we're not so short in that position.

Could see it happening towards end of window, as it's likely to be the highest fee they'll get.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024