Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As disappointing as our recent form is - 19:37 - Jan 21 with 2235 viewsDubtractor

and there is no hiding from the results, in particular the inability to turn draws into wins, I still think it is far too early to be throwing in the towel. Think of all the seasons we've been in the chasing pack and been convinced (albeit falsely!) that we could close the gap - I get that the issue is momentum though, with ours being in the wrong direction.

We really do have to stop our two bad habits of missing lots of good chances, and letting in p1ss poor soft goals though. We've been missing chances all season to be honest, but it wasn't a problem earlier as the defence was still tight, combine those two flaws though and you get the form we've shown over the last couple of months.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 19:42 - Jan 21 with 2168 viewsNeedhamChris

Are you saying we should use our previous failures to close a gap as a reason to be positive we can close the gap?

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 19:43 - Jan 21 with 2159 viewsDubtractor

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 19:42 - Jan 21 by NeedhamChris

Are you saying we should use our previous failures to close a gap as a reason to be positive we can close the gap?

Sort of!

I think this team is much better than our other teams in this league, but bloody hell we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 19:44 - Jan 21 with 2129 viewsStewart27

Plymouth have:

Sheffield Wednesday (a)
Portsmouth (h)
Oxford (a)
Fleetwood (h)
Peterborough (a)

In February.

We need to be within a couple of points of them at the start of March.
As disappointing as our recent form is - on 19:54 - Jan 21 with 2063 viewsitfcjoe

Last week, we go 1-0 they don't have a shot until their full back has one deflect in on his weaker foot in 93rd minute

This week, we create 6 big chances (as per the statistical definition) they create 0 and we lose 2-1

There isn't a huge amount more we can be doing, we weren't at our best today but do more than enough to win the game re creating chances and stopping them from creating them.

It looks like these things will cost us automatics, but in all this talk of 'no Plan B' or 'lacking mental strength' the only thing we need to do is take the good chances we create and stop the bad chances we concede ending up in our net

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:01 - Jan 21 with 1989 viewspointofblue

Manchester United looked hideous at the start of the season, and came across as a unit lacking leadership. ten Hag has turned them around and developed leaders from the squad he had. We need the same thing. To me, even Morsy doesn't feel like the leader I expected when we signed him.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:01 - Jan 21 with 1983 viewsBobsthename

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 19:54 - Jan 21 by itfcjoe

Last week, we go 1-0 they don't have a shot until their full back has one deflect in on his weaker foot in 93rd minute

This week, we create 6 big chances (as per the statistical definition) they create 0 and we lose 2-1

There isn't a huge amount more we can be doing, we weren't at our best today but do more than enough to win the game re creating chances and stopping them from creating them.

It looks like these things will cost us automatics, but in all this talk of 'no Plan B' or 'lacking mental strength' the only thing we need to do is take the good chances we create and stop the bad chances we concede ending up in our net

That’s BS Plymouth had 10 shots 5 on target it’s just short of what we created i think fans and maybe the manager is underestimating the opposition teams have come and shut us down from our flowing football we haven’t really had an answer to that no plan B hence why we are struggling to keep tabs on the top two.
As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:01 - Jan 21 with 1973 viewsFrimleyBlue

Remember when we lost games under pc. Wolfenden tripped on the ball. They scored. Others messed up they scored. Bonne missed an open goal etc.

Didn't stop you putting pressure on the manager back then.

Results clearly are or were at least what mattered over anything else. If the results aren't good enough you must do something different to get the right results.

How long do you keep going dropping points before you realise what may have worked before clearly isn't enough.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:03 - Jan 21 with 1955 viewsNeedhamChris

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:01 - Jan 21 by FrimleyBlue

Remember when we lost games under pc. Wolfenden tripped on the ball. They scored. Others messed up they scored. Bonne missed an open goal etc.

Didn't stop you putting pressure on the manager back then.

Results clearly are or were at least what mattered over anything else. If the results aren't good enough you must do something different to get the right results.

How long do you keep going dropping points before you realise what may have worked before clearly isn't enough.

In fairness under PC results AND performances were awful.

Poll: Was that the worst result in the clubs history?

Login to get fewer ads

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:03 - Jan 21 with 1944 viewsTheBoyBlue

I'm not doubting that we can get better again, after all, we started the season brilliantly. But I just don't see Plymouth or Wednesday slipping up enough for it to make a difference. We've let them get too far ahead now.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:03 - Jan 21 with 1943 viewsDubtractor

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:01 - Jan 21 by Bobsthename

That’s BS Plymouth had 10 shots 5 on target it’s just short of what we created i think fans and maybe the manager is underestimating the opposition teams have come and shut us down from our flowing football we haven’t really had an answer to that no plan B hence why we are struggling to keep tabs on the top two.

He means after we scored, that we stopped them creating, which we did.

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:05 - Jan 21 with 1874 viewsFrimleyBlue

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:03 - Jan 21 by Dubtractor

He means after we scored, that we stopped them creating, which we did.

We also stopped our potential to create aswell which left them the chance to get that 1 goal and a draw.

Waka waka eh eh

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:06 - Jan 21 with 1864 viewsSwansea_Blue

That’s it. Even though we weren’t on it today we had enough quality chances to win 2 games like this. Shame Hirst missed a good one, as we can’t afford him to get the wobbles in front of goal as well.

People turning against McKenna is just nuts. Too much entitlement and no patience these days. A bit of money doesn’t guarantee results.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:07 - Jan 21 with 1832 viewspointofblue

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:06 - Jan 21 by Swansea_Blue

That’s it. Even though we weren’t on it today we had enough quality chances to win 2 games like this. Shame Hirst missed a good one, as we can’t afford him to get the wobbles in front of goal as well.

People turning against McKenna is just nuts. Too much entitlement and no patience these days. A bit of money doesn’t guarantee results.

No. Less money does, though, looking at Plymouth.

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:12 - Jan 21 with 1771 viewsFrimleyBlue

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:06 - Jan 21 by Swansea_Blue

You'd kinda expect spending £7/8 mill on players would lead to us being able to do better than we are at this level.

Waka waka eh eh

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:12 - Jan 21 with 1782 viewsdavblue

Our ball retention in the 1st 35 mins was awful and for both teams it was like a
Pinball machine game.

Not a huge amount wrong generally but not a huge amount going right at the minute.
As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:22 - Jan 21 with 1710 viewsLeoMuff

I do agree to an extent, we really haven’t had the rub of the green some of the ref decisions and last minute deflections flying in have been unbelievable, however we also can’t argue that we haven’t been at fault too - not taking a hatful of chances and conceding some soft soft goals.

All is not over, the next one is must win and we go on a run, if not we build a solid defence ready for the play offs.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:29 - Jan 21 with 1660 viewsitfcjoe

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 20:22 - Jan 21 by LeoMuff

I do agree to an extent, we really haven’t had the rub of the green some of the ref decisions and last minute deflections flying in have been unbelievable, however we also can’t argue that we haven’t been at fault too - not taking a hatful of chances and conceding some soft soft goals.

All is not over, the next one is must win and we go on a run, if not we build a solid defence ready for the play offs.

I don't disagree with this "we have[n’t] been at fault too - not taking a hatful of chances and conceding some soft soft goals." but this is more the point with what more can we be doing as a side other than putting those chances away and stopping the soft goals out of nothing?

These are things that don't require a 'Plan B', they just need to improve and no doubt will do; but it'll probably be too late for the top 2

Think we need a little freshen up - which Clarke, Broadhead and Hirst will provide - but what we are doing is 'working' in so much as we create good chances and concede minimal chances

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 21:37 - Jan 21 with 1312 viewsCuffy81

So so much football to be played, absolutely nothing going for us at the moment

But we need to get streetwise, Oxford played the conditions so much better than us today, it was a lottery they abandoned their principles and turned us around and made us defend whilst we continued to score the perfect goal and toil particularly in the second half , I doubt it either was considered but why didn't we put Ladapo on with Hirst and go more direct?

Tuesday night is a not a given, we will need to improve a lot from recent performances to get all 3
As disappointing as our recent form is - on 21:44 - Jan 21 with 1249 viewspointofblue

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 21:37 - Jan 21 by Cuffy81

So so much football to be played, absolutely nothing going for us at the moment

But we need to get streetwise, Oxford played the conditions so much better than us today, it was a lottery they abandoned their principles and turned us around and made us defend whilst we continued to score the perfect goal and toil particularly in the second half , I doubt it either was considered but why didn't we put Ladapo on with Hirst and go more direct?

Tuesday night is a not a given, we will need to improve a lot from recent performances to get all 3

For the most part, recent performances should see us beat Morecambe. But we need to take our chases and be more streetwise when defending, both areas where we're struggling at the moment. For example, when beaten shoulder-to-shoulder today, Woolfenden should have probably hauled Wildschut down and taken the booking.

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 21:48 - Jan 21 with 1207 viewsITFCBlues

There isn't much more we can do... Other than giving away utterly pathetic goals.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 21:58 - Jan 21 with 1121 viewsCuffy81

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 21:44 - Jan 21 by pointofblue

For the most part, recent performances should see us beat Morecambe. But we need to take our chases and be more streetwise when defending, both areas where we're struggling at the moment. For example, when beaten shoulder-to-shoulder today, Woolfenden should have probably hauled Wildschut down and taken the booking.

First goal was a terrible goal to concede, Misjudging the flight, out muscled then everyone else backed off until it was too late.

As you said, haul him down soon as he's goal side

Streetwise, nouse, footballing grit . Whatever. We seem to lack it right now at crucial times
As disappointing as our recent form is - on 22:03 - Jan 21 with 1081 viewsitfcjoe

As disappointing as our recent form is - on 21:48 - Jan 21 by ITFCBlues

There isn't much more we can do... Other than giving away utterly pathetic goals.

How many 'utterly pathetic goals' have we actually given away this season? 5 maybe at most.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024