Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WTF - just watched the highlights 08:18 - Jan 22 with 1944 viewsunstableblue

You can’t see the ball for their goal!

Been watching football for a long time.

Never seen footage like that before.

Terrible result. We sounded flat first half.

17 shots, 6 on target, you’ve got to score 2.

Must win the next 2 games. But confidence is shot at the moment.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I mean look at this on 08:26 - Jan 22 with 1894 viewsunstableblue

The blue army sounded in fine voice first half, seems like I’m the second they couldn’t even see the ball!!

WTF - just watched the highlights on 10:06 - Jan 22 with 1692 viewscoolcat

Just watched the highlights on EFL & you couldn't see the flight of the ball for their 2nd until it hit the back of the net. A friend of mine who went said she couldn't see that goal & said the gk wouldn't have seen it either. I didn't go and listened on ifollow audio. In the 2nd half as the fog worsened he said he couldn't commentate as he couldn't see the players. But I thought about people who travelled a long way and how difficult it would have been for them getting back. It was difficult for everyone concerned in that game, not just players/managers.
WTF - just watched the highlights on 10:09 - Jan 22 with 1673 viewsRIPbobby

Most other teams are desparate for us to fail, even the weather is trying to beat us.
I mean look at this on 10:10 - Jan 22 with 1663 viewsSwansea_Blue

I mean look at this on 08:26 - Jan 22 by unstableblue

The blue army sounded in fine voice first half, seems like I’m the second they couldn’t even see the ball!!

I wasn’t sure how bad it really was there - that’s ridiculous. Should have been called off well before the 74 minute farce. And that’s not because we went on to lose - I was thinking it should have been before then.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I mean look at this on 10:29 - Jan 22 with 1598 viewsRyorry

I mean look at this on 10:10 - Jan 22 by Swansea_Blue

I wasn’t sure how bad it really was there - that’s ridiculous. Should have been called off well before the 74 minute farce. And that’s not because we went on to lose - I was thinking it should have been before then.

I posted, literally 30 seconds before they scored their second, asking if either keeper would be able to see shots coming in at them, & that the game should be abandoned if not.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I mean look at this on 10:30 - Jan 22 with 1585 viewsbadadski

I mean look at this on 10:10 - Jan 22 by Swansea_Blue

Begs the question why people were not shooting as soon as we got in their half. It’s getting to be an old problem like arsenal had, wanting to score the perfect, beautiful goal rather than mixing it up every now and then. Hopefully we can find a settled striker and stick with them as this tinkering isn’t working any more.
WTF - just watched the highlights on 10:32 - Jan 22 with 1574 viewsgtsb1966

Please can everyone stop using the fog as an excuse. Our form.has been hit and miss for a month now. It hasn't been foggy for a month.
WTF - just watched the highlights on 10:33 - Jan 22 with 1567 viewsDJR

Being at the game, it didn't seem to me that we had 17 shots, but then again maybe I just couldn't see many of them.
Login to get fewer ads

WTF - just watched the highlights on 10:37 - Jan 22 with 1553 viewshammo56

It was a joke you couldn’t even see halfway across the pitch from where my seat was.
As for their winning goal didn’t even know it had gone in until I heard their fans celebrating.
I mean look at this on 10:41 - Jan 22 with 1538 viewsazuremerlangus

I mean look at this on 08:26 - Jan 22 by unstableblue

Having watched the footage of the 2nd goal from behind the goal I don’t think you can blame the fog. I can see the ball being hit so the keeper could too being at least half the distance closer than the fan recording. Another great strike into the corner of the net through the clutter of the players in front of him - and we have had a few like that against us this season which arguably would have been a goal in any game elsewhere. We never seem to get many like that ourselves.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

WTF - just watched the highlights on 10:44 - Jan 22 with 1513 viewsDJR

WTF - just watched the highlights on 10:37 - Jan 22 by hammo56

It was a joke you couldn’t even see halfway across the pitch from where my seat was.
As for their winning goal didn’t even know it had gone in until I heard their fans celebrating.

Yes, it was ridiculous. It was just like a Spot the Ball or Player competition. For example, there was one occasion when I thought Walton had the ball, only for me to spot that the ball was near the centre circle.
WTF - just watched the highlights on 12:44 - Jan 22 with 1338 viewsLeaky

In conditions like that, how could the officials give a decision correctly, if you can't see across the width of the pitch how can you make an offside decision.
WTF - just watched the highlights on 13:04 - Jan 22 with 1262 viewsnoubledooble

WTF - just watched the highlights on 12:44 - Jan 22 by Leaky

In conditions like that, how could the officials give a decision correctly, if you can't see across the width of the pitch how can you make an offside decision.

They couldn’t possibly make the right decision as you couldn’t see the other side of the pitch. The Lino spoke to the ref a couple of times and was basically shaking his head.
THIS IS AMUSING; but also ridiculous footage of the fog bound game on 15:03 - Jan 22 with 1114 viewsunstableblue

WTF - just watched the highlights on 15:13 - Jan 22 with 1079 viewsEdwardStone

WTF - just watched the highlights on 13:04 - Jan 22 by noubledooble

They couldn’t possibly make the right decision as you couldn’t see the other side of the pitch. The Lino spoke to the ref a couple of times and was basically shaking his head.

I was there too

I think that the fog was thinner at pitch level so the payers and officials actually could see more than the fans because we were looking down ito the for rather than underneath it

That said, I paid to watch a football match, not watch ghostly figures emerging from the mist on rare occasions and track the game by the noise of the Oxford fans ( mostly silent)

Ref should have abandoned the game imo
WTF - just watched the highlights on 15:14 - Jan 22 with 1072 viewsSteve_M

WTF - just watched the highlights on 10:44 - Jan 22 by DJR

Yes, it was ridiculous. It was just like a Spot the Ball or Player competition. For example, there was one occasion when I thought Walton had the ball, only for me to spot that the ball was near the centre circle.

Yes, there were 15-20 minutes when we could only see what was happening if the ball was down our right or around their penalty area. It should have been abandoned ten minutes into the second half, was farcical trying to watch that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

WTF - just watched the highlights on 15:20 - Jan 22 with 1045 viewsAsa

WTF - just watched the highlights on 10:32 - Jan 22 by gtsb1966

Please can everyone stop using the fog as an excuse. Our form.has been hit and miss for a month now. It hasn't been foggy for a month.

It's one of those that, if we'd have won, I'd like to think we'd still be able to be decent enough to say it should have been called off.

We were at the back of the stand and we couldn't see anything. But having walked down the front of the stand to nip to the toilet, I couldn't see more than 25 yards across the pitch from pretty much next to the touchline.

Quite simply the players couldn't see much further. How you are supposed to play football when you can't see half way across the park let alone the opposite touchline is ridiculous.

The assistant can't give offsides. The referee couldn't see fouls. What part of the pitch we could see, players were passing straight to opponents they never even saw because of what they could see from their position. It was lunacy.

Everything about it was a farce. You could tell from half time that it was going to go that way as it got darker. It should have been called off earlier. As for the fans, I'm not worried about a refund personally but can see plenty of people who will justifiable be aggrieved that they've worked hard all week to finance a match that was unwatchable for 2/3 of it.

It was the strangest thing when they scored the winner. For a good 15 seconds before we had no idea where the ball was other than it must be in their half and then there's just this massive roar.

It does feel like the referees, the weather, last minute massive deflections into the top corners, everything that can go against us does. That's not to say the players aren't massively responsible for this huge dip.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2023 15:22]
I mean look at this on 16:31 - Jan 22 with 913 viewsSwansea_Blue

I mean look at this on 10:30 - Jan 22 by badadski

Begs the question why people were not shooting as soon as we got in their half. It’s getting to be an old problem like arsenal had, wanting to score the perfect, beautiful goal rather than mixing it up every now and then. Hopefully we can find a settled striker and stick with them as this tinkering isn’t working any more.

I like the idea someone had of just celebrating as if we’d score to see if the ref would buy it

WTF - just watched the highlights on 16:33 - Jan 22 with 906 viewsSwansea_Blue

WTF - just watched the highlights on 10:32 - Jan 22 by gtsb1966

Nobody is here. This is a thread of people saying how little they could see.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024