Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
no noise….. 18:43 - Jan 28 with 6284 viewswitchdoctor

from the cobbold boys…take it they won’t be doing that again anytime soon..
no noise….. on 20:50 - Jan 28 with 1511 viewsitfcjoe

I was Sir Alf Upper but very furthest seat towards the Magnus Stand, and I couldn’t hear anything from them

I normally sit Sir Alf lower and can hear them loud and clear

So hard to know if it was just different location or a failed experiment

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

no noise….. on 20:52 - Jan 28 with 1473 viewsblueislander

no noise….. on 20:47 - Jan 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

I often have. It really isn't.

Is this of any importance?
I couldn't hear them.... on 21:05 - Jan 28 with 1436 viewsBloots

....from Churchmans upper.

But The North Stand did appear to be a bit louder than usual, which seemed odd.

I think we may have to just accept that we aren't a particularly loud group of fans and stop blaming acoustics and/or older fans.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

no noise….. on 00:57 - Jan 29 with 1232 viewswitchdoctor

light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance..😂😂….well it seems that the majority who have posted have stated that they were loud so I stand corrected…however…whereas my S T is back row of block 6 I can usually hear the folk downstairs, today I sat in row A section 1 next to the West Stand and like a few others have stated it seemed to me that there was a lot of noise coming from below me in in the lower sections…I was quite suprised at how many songs were started below me in 4…
I’m pleased it went well for B A but seems a shame that there weren’t any flags on show but I guess that was a stipulation from the club…wouldn’t have envied them either for using the concourse either..I’ve sat in A block on a number of occasions when it’s been sparsely populated and the kiosks could hardly cope so it must have been carnage yesterday…so what’s the verdict B A?…reckon you are going to make it a permanent move there next season?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 1:01]
no noise….. on 01:10 - Jan 29 with 1206 viewsnorfsufblue

no noise….. on 00:57 - Jan 29 by witchdoctor

light blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance..😂😂….well it seems that the majority who have posted have stated that they were loud so I stand corrected…however…whereas my S T is back row of block 6 I can usually hear the folk downstairs, today I sat in row A section 1 next to the West Stand and like a few others have stated it seemed to me that there was a lot of noise coming from below me in in the lower sections…I was quite suprised at how many songs were started below me in 4…
I’m pleased it went well for B A but seems a shame that there weren’t any flags on show but I guess that was a stipulation from the club…wouldn’t have envied them either for using the concourse either..I’ve sat in A block on a number of occasions when it’s been sparsely populated and the kiosks could hardly cope so it must have been carnage yesterday…so what’s the verdict B A?…reckon you are going to make it a permanent move there next season?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 1:01]

I sat in Cobbold block A and tbf BA were at it from minute 1 till the end. Seemed to bounce along with that end if SB well but the stand itself is of an age where there are really no adequate concourses ( probably as as when it was built "beverages " could all be taken to your seat. It was very uncomfortable at ht and getting to the loo was a real challenge... if BA are going to relocate there they really have to do there singing in the stand and keep the limited space at the bars etc free...but Well done on generating a really good vibe
no noise….. on 07:03 - Jan 29 with 1100 viewsHealysBackPocket

Bit of a peculiar one - I was in SBR lower section 4 yesterday and couldn’t really make out anything from BA specifically apart from their drum - something that became apparent with the new Freddie song as few knew the words and I was unable to pick out what was being chanted by BA to pick it up and join in - a sentiment echoed by a few around me, but would have to say that the singing in SBR was much more cohesive on the more well known chants and not a mess of 2 or 3 songs trying to be sung at once which definitely improved the atmosphere

As I’ve said before, totally appreciate what BA are trying to do but not really sure what the solution is
no noise….. on 09:10 - Jan 29 with 910 viewsBluespeed225

I did hear after the had been a disagreement in the toilet area at half time, one of the block regulars trying to use the loos only to find it full of lads deciding to continue their conversations in there. BA, please remember these gents bladders can’t hold out like you young’ us!
no noise….. on 09:25 - Jan 29 with 862 viewsLankHenners

Sat middle upper Cobbold like normal so obviously sounded a bit louder to me as they were closer but the drum in particular sounded like it wasn’t being slightly muffled by the SBR roof. Saying that there were times, particularly in the 2nd half, where the North Stand definitely sounded louder.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

no noise….. on 09:37 - Jan 29 with 826 viewsTractorCam

no noise….. on 19:56 - Jan 28 by Brads

Do you know the Harry Kane England one? Ipswich version of that basically.

I've never heard the Ipswich version of that, I sang a full verse of that and it wasn't until the second "running past the Germans" I clocked what was happening

As for the OP, we were singing for 90 minutes, i've never sang so much for so long at a football game. Kudos all.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

no noise….. on 09:54 - Jan 29 with 787 viewsFarmerpiles

I'm a ST holder section 5 of SBR, was in there yesterday and I thought it worked. BA def sounded louder up there, and also seemed easier for both them and us in SBR lower to sing as one...which is what we all want isn't it. Hope it works out for BA for nx season, if that's what they choose to do. Also, having more then one stand singing has to be a good thing.
I couldn't hear them.... on 09:54 - Jan 29 with 784 viewschicoazul

I couldn't hear them.... on 21:05 - Jan 28 by Bloots

....from Churchmans upper.

But The North Stand did appear to be a bit louder than usual, which seemed odd.

I think we may have to just accept that we aren't a particularly loud group of fans and stop blaming acoustics and/or older fans.

Churchman’s upper is it, calm down grandad.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I couldn't hear them.... on 11:12 - Jan 29 with 688 viewsWaveney78

I couldn't hear them.... on 09:54 - Jan 29 by chicoazul

Churchman’s upper is it, calm down grandad.

I rarely post so please be gentle with me….!
As usual I was in SBRL Sect 5 but for once was stone cold sober so the whole experience was somewhat different to my normal take on things ! I thought it was a great atmosphere and felt that there was more singing than usual in the Lower despite S6 being up in the gods in Block A. S6 coiled clearly be heard and often from where I was and the experiment was very successful imho - whether it could ever work on a permanent basis is another matter altogether. A friend who sits in Block A every week told me that it was brilliant to actually be part of the atmosphere for once as opposed to normal having to simply watch it !
Well done S6 on your continued efforts but I do accept that nothing is every straightforward & that we can’t all agree on what’s best.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024